Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This PAC-12 refereeing crew last night was horrible.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

This PAC-12 refereeing crew last night was horrible.....

Jan 14, 2020, 12:24 PM

They very obviously were told pre-game to let just about everything go penalty wise. Throughout the game LSU offensive linemen held on just about every play - especially tackles 70 and 77 - just revisit td run by Burrow and many other plays. Throughout the game LSU defensive backs played hand or body holding with every one of our receivers on every play. Very obviously these were techniques they were taught to do by their coaches until they got caught. Just an early on offensive holding or defensive holding might have set a more fair tone for the game. In the end we were denied one touchdown (Higgins which should have been reviewed) and LSU gained two touchdowns of which they should have been deprived of by penalties (70 holding on Burrow td run and Chase push-off on Terrell for 52 yard td). Would have made a huge difference!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So we need to be coaching our line to do the same

Jan 14, 2020, 12:28 PM

LSU, and pretty much EVERY other team we play has recognized that holding is rarely called.

Also Dabo needs to learn to call TO or something

Jan 14, 2020, 12:32 PM

Yep. This. Hate to say it but every team we play holds it seems and never get called for it.

Jan 14, 2020, 8:47 PM [ in reply to So we need to be coaching our line to do the same ]

Maybe we need to know what is being called better

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is

Jan 14, 2020, 12:30 PM

Excuse making. You stop blaming the refs when get to 2nd grade. It's a loss, they executed better and had better in game adjustments. It's ok.

Re: This is

Jan 14, 2020, 12:42 PM

No so!!!! Just look at the replays and game film. The lack of calls for holding on offense and defensive pass interference was very clearly obvious!!!!

Re: This is

Jan 14, 2020, 12:55 PM

Holy crap. I joined this forum right after the Clemson beat O$U because I hate the Buckeyes and all I saw were threads ripping cRyan Day and the Buckeye fans for whining about the refs - and rightfully so.

A day after a great game I see the same stuff here and other threads about how LSU fans raped and pillaged during/after the game - I guess every fan base is pretty much the same after a loss.

Your team had a great year but the better team won last night. Clemson will be right back in the mix next year,, for Gods sake, don’t act like O$U fans.

They called it the same for both teams***

Jan 14, 2020, 12:59 PM [ in reply to Re: This is ]

agreed...***

Jan 14, 2020, 1:15 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They called it the same for both teams***

Jan 14, 2020, 2:40 PM [ in reply to They called it the same for both teams*** ]

Our offensive linemen were not holding on every play nor our d backs on their receivers every play either. Definitely not called the same. Just look at the td Higgins was deprived and the 52 yarder that Chase was given. Nuff said!

Re: They called it the same for both teams***

Jan 14, 2020, 8:50 PM

It was called the same for both teams.
The difference is obviously one team was informed that is how they will call it and one team wasn’t.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic