Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The rivalry is reducing the quality of life for everyone
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

The rivalry is reducing the quality of life for everyone

Dec 17, 2013, 10:30 PM

The Great State of South Carolina is comprised of many great universities and schools which are collectively nurturing our young and enabling their entry into adulthood prepared to survive and conquer in this cruel world. We must all get along and focus in unison on this critical and singular task before us. I call for this so called rivalry between the two largest universities to cease and desist immediately so no further damage is done to that cause for which we the people united for the sake of our children must now endure. It is altogether fitting and proper that I should say this. Please stop the madness. From this juncture, all rivalries should be with opponents from a different state. There should be a state law not allowing in state universities to ever play each other. I am honored to have been the one chosen to say these things.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I kinda agree

Dec 17, 2013, 10:32 PM

I think our state would do better overall if we each supported the other institution.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dang "LA"..you back?! Though retired from Tnet & job. ***

Dec 17, 2013, 10:33 PM

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My cougar wife retired from job. I still have 10 more years***

Dec 17, 2013, 10:34 PM

sounds like he's been down to San Diego and got a fresh

Dec 18, 2013, 6:28 AM [ in reply to Dang "LA"..you back?! Though retired from Tnet & job. *** ]

stash. You're TOO mellow or you've been out in Cali too long, you might have a different opinion if you experienced the obnoxious coots on a more frequent basis.

Only thinking of the children growing up in this negative

Dec 18, 2013, 7:33 AM

academic environment. Universities are for teaching and learning. With all this hate, we are doomed. What would Plato, Socrates, Aristotle, or Galileo have to say about this South Carolina tradition?

You'll find the literary/historical

Dec 18, 2013, 6:07 AM [ in reply to I kinda agree ]

knowledge on here is pretty limited. However, I caught the satirical slant. BTW, when is your next inaugural?

I memorized "the address" in the 6th grade

Dec 18, 2013, 7:26 AM

My wife was surprised when I started reciting it along with the actors at the start of the movie "Lincoln".

Re: The rivalry is reducing the quality of life for everyone

Dec 17, 2013, 10:37 PM

I think we need to all just take a step back and realize how lucky we are for both programs to be at such a high level. The rivalry game actually means something now, and after the last two USC games I have found myself getting way too caught up in it all, to the point where it was making me miserable. Football is an awesome game and I love the Clemson Tigers but anyone who makes fan hood their entire existence should just take a step back and look at the bigger picture of life. Probably going to get thumbed down for this, but I don't care.

Re: The rivalry is reducing the quality of life for everyone

Dec 17, 2013, 10:54 PM

Sorry, but it's not just about football or sports. I attended both schools and I cannot support SC in anyway. I am a Clemson and UGA grad and very proud of my education.
The game is over. Let's win the next one. I'm not apologizing for loathing the other large university in South Carolina.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But we could get along if we only played against others***

Dec 17, 2013, 11:16 PM

Re: But we could get along if we only played against others***

Dec 17, 2013, 11:48 PM

The meth cooking Dr kills me. The fact that many don't get his sense of humor alarms me....

+1 to get you started... 100% and keep'em comin'.***

Dec 18, 2013, 12:10 AM [ in reply to Re: The rivalry is reducing the quality of life for everyone ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But the children --- We must do what's best for them.***

Dec 17, 2013, 11:13 PM [ in reply to Re: The rivalry is reducing the quality of life for everyone ]

Re: Are you crazy. It is only going to get better and

Dec 17, 2013, 10:42 PM

hotter. Love it.

How dare you ask me if I'm kidding

Dec 17, 2013, 11:14 PM

Of course I'm kidding.

Cougar?***

Dec 18, 2013, 12:11 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm telling you the lady robbed the cradle***

Dec 18, 2013, 12:22 AM

Right, but what was your 'take'?***

Dec 18, 2013, 12:27 AM

and I think there should also be a law enacted

Dec 17, 2013, 10:53 PM

requiring all gamecock fans to wear a rubber chicken on their heads.

I think the next 26 consecutive Clemson v. usuck football games should be played in Death Valley to make all things in this rivalry as equal as possible.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I just want what's best for our children***

Dec 17, 2013, 11:15 PM

Ya gotta figure

Dec 17, 2013, 11:21 PM

all the other kids would LOVE it if all the gamecock children had to wear rubber chickens tied to their heads!

The rest of Ohio that hasn't already moved to SC would undoubtedly make the trip to Columbia just to see locals. Tourist dollars would likely skyrocket.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ya gotta figure

Dec 18, 2013, 12:20 AM

With orange prison jumpsuits for the little tiglets, so that they get use to them when they don them later in adulthood.

My pleas are falling on deaf ears - The pain - Oh the pain***

Dec 18, 2013, 12:25 AM

We've covered this topic numerous times in the past....

Dec 18, 2013, 12:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Ya gotta figure ]

please make a note so you won't continually make the same error:

The state of South Carolina switched to "orange-ish" colored uniforms so all the usuck fans would be able to spot a supervisor.

Still, though, not as truly cool as having a rubber chicken tied to your head...but judging by your "child-prodigy" post, you probably have your rubber chicken on right this very second!!

This entire thread is tomfoolery.

Dec 18, 2013, 6:15 AM

I can't believe I wasn't involved.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I assume you agree that the rivalry must end for the good of

Dec 18, 2013, 6:20 AM

all involved --- past, present, future.

We may be exposing ourselves to the risk of being called...

Dec 18, 2013, 7:03 AM

chicken.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We must persevere - Mere words can't stop us or hurt us***

Dec 18, 2013, 7:06 AM

LA - I know you're joking, unfortunately

Dec 18, 2013, 6:57 AM

But count me as one of those who wouldn't mind the rivalry game not being played on a regular basis. My feelings on this have a lot to do with reading posts on message boards.....do people really hate someone just because they support the rival? That is craziness, and I'm a huge college football fan so I get the passion, but hate extending into personal relationships is absurd if not concerning.

We are a small state. There are only a handful of states that have two or more major football programs to create the "in state" rivalry scenario and SC is one of if not the smallest of the states in population. SC is about equal to Alabama in population and the AU/UA rivalry is insane. I hope for the sake of our state's citizens and our perception nationally that fans of our state's two schools never get to the level of that insanity......very unhealthy.

Coot Alert - Coot Alert - Coot Alert - Coot Alert - Wait

Dec 18, 2013, 7:15 AM

Seriously, all jokes are told and satires written with many threads of truth.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic