Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Myth of Syracuse
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

The Myth of Syracuse

Sep 9, 2019, 1:16 PM

Let's just face the truth. When we lost up there in the AirConditioning dome with no ac, our starting QB was knocked out of the game.
When we struggled last year, our starting QB was knocked out of the game.

Let's be real....they cant hang with us. It wont be close. And yeah, it's cute that they
are scrappy. But hurting our starting QB isnt cute and needs to be avenged.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Myth of Syracuse

Sep 9, 2019, 1:35 PM

Two years in a row they knock our starting QB "OUT", what does that tell you about the way they play the game against teams that are better than them, and Clemson isn't the only team that they have injured the starting QB, it is their intentions, that is the way they win. I say start Chase Brice, Chase has proven that he is as tough as they come, and starting the game off 0-0 Chase can and will beat Cuse again, and if he gets down two TDs, put Trevor in, and hope they are to tire to get to him. Heck, play Chase and Taisun against them. Cuse has proven time and time again, their game is taking out the opposing QB!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2019, 1:53 PM

Maybe my sarcasm meter is broken. So if this is sarcasm I am sorry I did not pick up on it. That said, if you are being serious, I have to say I disagree. I believe Kelly B entered the game with a bum ankle 2 years ago. His mobility was limited and srycuse was able to get to him and the accumulation of hits took him out. I don’t remember any particular dirty hits (no head shots, but I could be wrong). Trevor last year lowered his head trying to pick up the first down. It was a hard collision. But I don’t think it was dirty. Heck, Xavier gave the hardest hit last year on Dungey. Not dirty, but it was a solid tackle. Srycuse beat us 2 years ago because we were one dimensional offense, took advantage of our injured Qb, took advantage of our lack of coverage speed over the middle, and I think we missed 3 field goals. Last year, the game was close due to the QB drama that went down that week. Srycuse is well coached. They look for our weakness and try to take advantage. Any good team does that. For dirty hits, see 2016 title game. Bama was trying to knock out DW4 out. Those were some dirty hits. Go Tigers!

Sep 9, 2019, 2:11 PM

beg to differ.i call an intentionally aimed shoulder to the head dirty.study the replay.it was no accident.opposing teams know that if TL isn't playing,they have a much better shot at winning.you also might want to rewatch the cotton bowl.domers took a shot at TL,but at least they were called for the obvious late hit.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Sep 9, 2019, 2:29 PM [ in reply to Re: The Myth of Syracuse ]

Just watch the play that KB was injured in. It wasn't his leg that got hurt in that game is was the way the defensive player slammed his head into the concrete surface with very little padding under the turf. It may have not been an illegal hit but it was an attempt to remove KB from the game so our Backups would have to win it for us. Unfortunately, the backup 2 years ago wasn't ready to enter the game and had a terrible game. Last year the TL was already down by stepping out of bounds and the DB lowered his shoulder into him. Still say that should have been targeting although some say TL wasn't defenseless because he was running. I say he couldn't protect himself because he was going down and no way could have gotten up to run the ball, that made him defenseless.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2019, 3:24 PM

They have injured other QBs also, Meter or no meter, IMO Cuse is a dirty playing team, who ever has a different opinion, I can respect that, but it isn't my opinion!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No doubt Syracuse is dirty

Sep 10, 2019, 6:44 AM

maybe not quite Alabama dirty, but close

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2019, 6:59 AM [ in reply to Re: The Myth of Syracuse ]

Dirty qb hits aside...can you explain them ripping etn helmet of and taking head shots after the whistle?

Thanks

TL took a stupid hit when he could have went out of bounds

Sep 9, 2019, 2:13 PM [ in reply to Re: The Myth of Syracuse ]

in his defense it was probably one of the first 5 times he ever ran with the ball in college

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Three years in a row..

Sep 9, 2019, 2:46 PM [ in reply to Re: The Myth of Syracuse ]

They knocked DW out of the game in 2016.

Once.. it happens, it's football.

Twice.. well, maybe it's just a coincidence.

Three years in a row..? As Aldo Raine famously said, "Yeah, we got a word for that kinda odd in English. It's called suspicious".

This is just not true. I just rewatched all three plays where our QBs

Sep 10, 2019, 7:01 AM [ in reply to Re: The Myth of Syracuse ]

were injured against Syracuse and none of them look dirty to me.

Deshaun Watson was taken down on a clean tackle as he was scrambling by two Cuse players. By the way, Dungey has to leave the game with an injury before DW did.

Bryant was tackled pretty-much the only way the defender could given the angle.

TL made a rookie mistake of falling forward into that tackle. I see nothing else that could have happened there.

It is nuts that this has happened three years in a row but nothing looked dirty in any of them.

null

Sep 9, 2019, 1:45 PM

Ummmm...you guys do remember that 3 years ago, we knocked Dungey out of the game on the very first drive? People sometimes pretend that our 50-point win was against the "real" Syracuse, but all of the last 3 matchups have featured one team or the other losing the starting QB.

That was also the game when Boulware was flagged for 'tackling too hard' after body slamming a WR who refused to go down.

Dungey loves to get knocked out

Sep 9, 2019, 2:14 PM

don't blame us for his suicidal tendencies

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2019, 6:48 AM [ in reply to Re: The Myth of Syracuse ]

boulware was flagged in the pittsburgh game for that. it kept a drive going that ultimately cost us the game.

Sep 9, 2019, 1:57 PM

I'm sure you're kidding about AC because the Carrier Dome isnt air conditioned

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2019, 2:02 PM

That's the irony. It's sponsored by an air conditioning company....and it's not air conditioned. What a joke

Carrier pulled out

Sep 10, 2019, 6:46 AM

it's just the dome now

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2019, 2:04 PM

Let's do be real , when we lost up there KB going down was a part of it but our defense wasn't playing well the entire game .
We had a lot of busts and missed tackles , and I always thought that was the part of it that cost us that game .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Sep 9, 2019, 2:37 PM

As I recall, Clemson gave up too many big plays in 2017 and didn't make enough. Muses's scoop and score was the biggest one the Tigers made, and even then Tanner took a silly penalty for making a choke gesture, which gave 'Cuse good field position on the ensuing kickoff. I don't think the bad play and stupidity will continue Saturday night. Also, if the Orange gave up 63 to Maryland, then they aren't that good. Clemson will win this comfortably.

^^^ Myth Buster ^^^***

Sep 9, 2019, 2:34 PM

A/C is coming to the Carrier Dome (link):

Sep 9, 2019, 2:45 PM

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/23503715/carrier-dome-syracuse-getting-new-roof-air-conditioning

Re: A/C is coming to the Carrier Dome (link):

Sep 10, 2019, 6:35 AM

Article stated all should be completed by 2022

Re: A/C is coming to the Carrier Dome (link):

Sep 10, 2019, 6:50 AM [ in reply to A/C is coming to the Carrier Dome (link): ]

something about "air supported roof" just sounds a little unnerving.

I don’t think this one will be close either Buzz.***

Sep 9, 2019, 2:58 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don’t think this one will be close either Buzz.***

Sep 9, 2019, 3:28 PM

I was worried about last week, I’m not about this one

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2019, 6:37 AM

I always said even in the preseason that they would suck this year. Dont know why anyone thought any differently.

Sep 10, 2019, 7:42 AM

I respectfully disagree about SU trying to deliberately take out our QB.

If I agreed with you, then I would have to say that Wallace tried to take out Mond last week with the direct hit on Mond's knees. He got flagged, rightfully so, but if that happened to OUR QB, then we would have been screaming to have the defender disqualified from the game. It is just FOOTBALL, nothing more, nothing less. Big boys gonna play hard.

Sep 10, 2019, 7:55 AM

I can't for the life of me see how so many seem to think that the hit on Lawrence last year was dirty. Even Dabo has said that it was due to Lawrence not making a smart choice. Do you think for one second if Dabo thought that another team hurt his QB by making a dirty hit that he wouldn't lose his mind right then and there?

Any defender is going to take that opportunity to hit a QB. Do you think for one second that our defenders would just stand there and watch the QB scramble down the sideline and then leap forward without laying the wood to him?

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic