Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Okay conservatives, can y'all stop being so hard headed
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Okay conservatives, can y'all stop being so hard headed

May 13, 2017, 12:39 PM

for a bit?

"with one of the state's most conservative lawmakers saying vaccines weren't important for public health." Can't be serious, right?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/11/health/texas-house-vaccinations/?iid=ob_homepage_deskrecommended_pool

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dang aero...go get a beer!***

May 13, 2017, 1:03 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Man, I'm on edge, can't go to a show tonight

May 13, 2017, 1:04 PM

because I'm on call for work. Sitting at work right now with jack #### going on. I'll have some whiskey at 10.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well...then a mini bottle outa desk drawer***

May 13, 2017, 1:06 PM

I seem to recall that not so many years ago it was

May 13, 2017, 1:04 PM

liberals decrying the dangers of vaccines. Then California, liberal ground zero, started to face the consequences. Now they're a liberal cause.

Whatever.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It seems conservative folks have oddly taken a

May 13, 2017, 1:09 PM

stance of to hell with science and knowledge. Conservatives can go about hating on others' lifestyles without trying to have us all get polio and small pox.

Exactly.***

May 13, 2017, 1:46 PM [ in reply to I seem to recall that not so many years ago it was ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's fringe groups being given a voice by whichever party

May 13, 2017, 1:55 PM [ in reply to I seem to recall that not so many years ago it was ]

thinks they can appease them.

Some liberals are still in that camp. They're a problem.***

May 13, 2017, 6:14 PM [ in reply to I seem to recall that not so many years ago it was ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

natural-born Americans should have the right to be stupid.

May 13, 2017, 2:11 PM

although maybe the cost of no vaccinations to Our Society is higher than other ways to express your right to be stupid, like the no-helmet law in SC. Greater good, all that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The right to swing one's fist ends where the other man's

May 13, 2017, 2:18 PM

nose begins.

For clarity, I hate helmet and seat belt laws. I don't have a motorcycle and would probably wear a full helmet if I got one, but the man should not be able to tell me I have to.

so how is that different from opposing vaccinations?

May 13, 2017, 2:51 PM

there's lotsa people around here opposed to vaccinations, I never understood their point of view.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Admittedly I don't know a ton about the

May 13, 2017, 3:19 PM

vacancies and what all they prevent. I also don't know if it is possible for those who got vaccinated to still get it. If only the non-vaccinated can catch the stuff, then let them all suffer as they will. If it is possible to transmit to people who have had the shots, then it is a public concern. Also, this is more about why conservatives have fully turned on science.

Seat belt and helmet laws really only affect those that elect not to use them, their families, and maybe the unfortunate soul they may get in an crash with. There is the argument about insurance rates but I am not sure how much that really comes into play.

The issue has always been about protecting those who

May 13, 2017, 3:22 PM

can't get vaccinated.

Re: The issue has always been about protecting those who

May 13, 2017, 3:26 PM

Who would that be in the US? Who cannot get vaccinations if they are needed?

Cancer patients for starters.***

May 13, 2017, 3:29 PM

Re: The issue has always been about protecting those who

May 13, 2017, 4:33 PM [ in reply to Re: The issue has always been about protecting those who ]

We are taking healthy young children here. You know the purpose and intent of the conversation. Spin doctor you are.

I never suggested that people didnt have access to

May 13, 2017, 4:35 PM

vaccines, I was merely pointing out that there is a population that can't be vaccinated that is protected by herd immunity.

And sometimes, healthy young children who've been

May 13, 2017, 4:38 PM [ in reply to Re: The issue has always been about protecting those who ]

vaccinated get sick and have their entire immune systems wiped out by chemicals. They then need those other healthy young children to make sure they won't beat cancer to die of the measles.

Hurmph, who can't get vaccinated?

May 13, 2017, 3:26 PM [ in reply to The issue has always been about protecting those who ]

Do I really want to protect them? If I do, how can we switch gears and make it so they can get them?

Those with weakened immune systems depend on herd

May 13, 2017, 3:31 PM

immunity to protect themselves from many diseases that are preventable.

I'm all for stupid. Not wearing a helmet on a motorcycle

May 13, 2017, 7:29 PM [ in reply to natural-born Americans should have the right to be stupid. ]

just means you're more likely to kill yourself. No vaccines means you're more likely to kill other people. THAT's the difference. And with that being said, I have no problem with withholding social security, medicaid, food stamps, education, or whatever.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does a state lawmaker from Texas define "conservatives"?***

May 13, 2017, 4:52 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes it does, if you don't like that then you

May 13, 2017, 5:39 PM

have to rally the more sane folks and have them be the loud ones.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic