Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
the Espy's just went anti gun
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 132
| visibility 1

the Espy's just went anti gun

Jul 13, 2016, 9:35 PM

Hate that sports TV is dabbing in the political arena. Turning it off now

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nothing new from the msnbc of sports..

Jul 13, 2016, 9:51 PM

i dont watch their shows any more.only watch mnf and other football games..sportcenter and so on can all kick rocks

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That'll teach'em.***

Jul 13, 2016, 10:32 PM

its not about teaching them..

Jul 13, 2016, 11:23 PM

its to avoid the liberal moronic dribble they spew..tend to hear it less during an actual sporting event.

Re: nothing new from the msnbc of sports..

Jul 13, 2016, 10:35 PM [ in reply to nothing new from the msnbc of sports.. ]

They're probably losing what they would consider a high-value customer, I'm sure.

I only watch the programming they receive the

Jul 13, 2016, 10:36 PM

largest ad-revenue for. Screw sportscenter at 4AM. Too liberal for my tastes.

Re: I only watch the programming they receive the

Jul 13, 2016, 10:37 PM

BAN THE NON-PRIMETIME PROGRAMMING THAT ACCOUNTS FOR 9% OF REVENUE TO SEND THE MESSAGE

Jul 13, 2016, 11:00 PM

HBO
PBS
HISTORY
John Stewart
Science
ESPN

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2016, 11:02 PM

NBC
ABC
CBS
FOX
HGTV
FX
Showtime
Cinemax
Anything with Alec Baldwin

You know ... I must admit ... you boys are a little

Jul 14, 2016, 7:42 AM

tiresome. All three of you. You seem to make it your agenda to come on the boards and pick on anyone who doesn't view the world the same way you do. You're quite the internet bullies. It's a shame that you refuse to have any tolerance for those who might have opposing views.

FWIW - I support the LGBT community, so don't try to come back at me with that crap. I get that some folks have views that are very "outdated" and some are even over the top filled with hatred. But perhaps instead of bashing, you could offer some insightful feedback and conversation. Like - 'the national media has an obligation to be heavily engaged in the ways of our world and to be fair and just to all walks of life. If they are celebrating a lifestyle that you don't agree with, perhaps turn the channel ---- or better yet, try to open your mind a little.'

It's obvious that you disagree with Christianity, so I'm sure you have moments when you have to turn away too. Just wish you boys would grow up and engage in meaningful conversation when it comes to other people's views instead of simply being INTOLERANT BULLIES.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You know ... I must admit ... you boys are a little

Jul 14, 2016, 7:57 AM

maybe if people would not constantly ##### and moan about the most trivial topics, we would not have any good material to work with.

Jul 14, 2016, 7:59 AM

Perhaps ... But why are you constantly seeking material?

***If you tell me it's your job and you get paid to do it, then I fully support your efforts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tigernet pays him in Thumbs Ups.

Jul 14, 2016, 8:47 AM

I'm still a bit confused on the TU to dollar exchange rate though.

It's 7.***

Jul 14, 2016, 8:58 AM

If you try to have an intelligent conversation with them

Jul 14, 2016, 10:36 AM [ in reply to Re: You know ... I must admit ... you boys are a little ]

they just lock down and get even more militant in their beliefs, if you make fun of them at least it makes them think.

Jul 14, 2016, 12:07 PM [ in reply to You know ... I must admit ... you boys are a little ]

"LGBT is the avant garde of social terrorism"
Dr. E. Michael Jones.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Come on TTT you're the HBIC of these boards

Jul 14, 2016, 12:19 PM [ in reply to You know ... I must admit ... you boys are a little ]

Surely you are able to see Tigerbalm is all about tolerance/welcoming of viewpoints that oppose his own. His record speaks for itself.

At least Robertn & Cougar11 are humorous and clever and make me laugh.

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Re: Come on TTT you're the HBIC of these boards

Jul 14, 2016, 12:35 PM

IMHO, I do indeed believe that he welcomes opposing viewpoints ... because he enjoys bashing them and for no other reason than that.

Re: the Espy's just went anti gun

Jul 13, 2016, 10:38 PM

As should we all. But nope we gotta keep our guns. Gotta protect our families! Good ole southern folk.

Jul 13, 2016, 10:42 PM

Not sure how protecting one's family is a bad thing, Southern or Otherwise. But ok.

Jul 13, 2016, 11:25 PM

Just don't think you need guys IMO but other people will have em so I understand

Jul 13, 2016, 11:33 PM

Yup. I am rather well versed with doing things unarmed, yet if bad guy WITH gun comes around, I'm not much better off than anyone else if they have distance in their favor. Hot lead beats cold skills most times. I prefer the odds always be in my favor, call me crazy ;)

Jul 14, 2016, 8:15 AM

If the bad guy couldn't get a gun it wouldn't be a problem. I know we are too far into it that we can't clear all the guns out. It would just be nice. I know people would still kill people it just wouldn't be as easy of guns were not involved. Glad your good with a gun in your!

Jul 14, 2016, 8:15 AM

Hands

Take the bad guys' guns first then I'll give mine up.

Jul 14, 2016, 11:36 AM [ in reply to Re: the Espy's just went anti gun ]

Except for my shotgun. They'll never pass a law which takes hunting guns due to economic impact.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Take the bad guys' guns first then I'll give mine up.

Jul 14, 2016, 2:08 PM

U just do not understand! killary does not want to take the guns from the bad guys! she wants our lawabiding citizens guns so the crooks can come in and rob us and maybe kill us! that's what the demos/libs want!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Take the bad guys' guns first then I'll give mine up.

Jul 14, 2016, 3:23 PM

That seems like a pretty evil plot by "Kilary". Why would she want that? World domination plot?

Jul 14, 2016, 2:17 AM [ in reply to Re: the Espy's just went anti gun ]

I believe I can still protect my family with non-assult weapons... has anyone actually seen these so called proposed laws recommending gun seizures?

The mentally ill mother from TX who shot/killed her two daughters argued against stricter gun laws too...she wanted to be able to "protect her family..."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/06/27/texas-mom-killed-by-police-after-she-shot-two-daughters-to-death-police-say/

Re: Mother shoots daughters

Jul 14, 2016, 12:03 PM

She could've gone Lizzie Borden if she didn't have access to guns. Would that've made you feel better about it?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 14, 2016, 12:12 PM [ in reply to Re: the Espy's just went anti gun ]

You're blaming the gun instead of the mother/ mental illness?

Mentally ill women don't have to have access to a gun to murder their children. They will drown them, stab them, or even beat them to death.

http://thoughtcatalog.com/jim-goad/2014/04/19-moms-who-killed-their-kids/

Sadly there are a bunch of dumb and careless people out

Jul 14, 2016, 3:23 PM [ in reply to Re: the Espy's just went anti gun ]

there. I'm pretty sure that, statistically, keeping firearms in the home actually increases the danger to one's family due to the potential for accidents and the chance of escalating a robbery into a deadly situation. There are instances where firearms can save your life, and others where they just put you and the others around you in more danger.

The big thing for me personally is that i feel defenseless and helpless against would be intruders without a firearm and that's an extremely uneasy feeling for me. I currently keep a shotgun in the bedroom closet because, having bought a pistol and practiced with it for awhile, it's just my opinion that it's not a great defense weapon unless you are properly trained for that type of situation. A shotgun is much easier...

Anyway, my oldest child is now nearly 4 years old and she likes to climb on stools and chairs and get into things so just keeping a shotgun up on the top shelf of the closet soon will not be a safe option for me even if is unloaded with the safety on and what not. I'm leaning towards a better alarm system and leaving the gun in the safe at my parents house with my hunting rifle and a few other guns i own.

Sure you can also lock up the gun in a safe, or hide the ammo in a completely different place, but at some point you just can't balance safety with effectiveness because if it takes you a couple of minutes to get your gun and your ammo and get it loaded, what good is it doing? Add to that the fact that it's extremely difficult to keep a cool head when someone is breaking into your house, and you might fumble your keys/screw up your combination etc...

Jul 13, 2016, 10:53 PM [ in reply to Re: the Espy's just went anti gun ]

Cmoney, you are aware that Clemson and guns have a loooong history together, right? You know being a military school and all. Guns and agriculture also go hand in hand. Farmers protecting crops and livestock. They usually do that sort of thing with guns. Not flashlights and pepper spray.

Who said Cmoney has anything to do

Jul 14, 2016, 7:15 AM

With Clemson? Not listed as a grad...

Re: Who said Cmoney has anything to do

Jul 14, 2016, 8:19 AM

Not a grad. A Clemson fan since I was born. I know some of you guys think since your a grad you are somehow more of a fan. I know it makes you more connected to the school and I am not affiliated with Clemson. I have loved Clemson sports since way before I could have even became a grad.

Don't change the subject.

Jul 14, 2016, 11:39 AM

The man made a valid point. You don't have roots in the school and do not appreciate the part of our history was played out with our contribution to war and military service. If you did you wouldn't be criticizing southerners.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't change the subject.

Jul 14, 2016, 11:53 AM

I am a southerner and guns in the military are obviously fine. This post has nothing to do with the school?

Perhaps you could have said that instead of changing the..

Jul 14, 2016, 12:17 PM

subject.

Re: Perhaps you could have said that instead of changing the..

Jul 14, 2016, 12:28 PM

You are really an idiot if you are going to keep coming at me with this. The guy who posted that changed the subject. Omg I didn't go to Clemson what does that have to do with guns and anti-gun people?

Jul 14, 2016, 8:10 AM [ in reply to Re: the Espy's just went anti gun ]

I would say a gun you hunt with would be okay. Just not these automatic weapons and hand guns that people like to carry on their hips or in their vehicles. Just my opinion dude.

Automatic firearms have been illegal in the US for years.***

Jul 14, 2016, 8:50 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Automatic firearms have been illegal in the US for years.***

Jul 14, 2016, 8:56 AM

Semi-automatic weapons are still automatic weapons.

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Um, you could not be more wrong

Jul 14, 2016, 9:00 AM

A semiautomatic weapon fires one shot every time the trigger is pulled. An automatic weapon fires continually until the trigger is released.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Um, you could not be more wrong

Jul 14, 2016, 9:40 AM

Hunting rifles would be okay with me. That is all tho. We don't need hand guns and semi automatic weapons. That's just for people to show off and act cool. I know some peo

Jul 14, 2016, 9:41 AM

People enjoy going to the range and what not as others like to go golfing. We just don't need guns nor do we need to carry them around with us IMO.

Well luckily we get to make that choice for ourselves

Jul 14, 2016, 10:29 AM

At least at the moment that is. And if we are talking Semi-Automatic (Since Auto IS illegal for Joe Citizen to own) then that includes almost all pistols without a revolving cylinder, many shotguns, lots of deer rifles, and of course, the favorite of many, the AR variants that are out there.
Class of 09, SC fan aside, you do seem like a rather decent sort fwiw but while you are kinda right, your still kinda wrong. Most of these weapons you described are still Semi-Auto. One Trigger pull equals the following cycle of operations: Firing, unlocking, extracting, ejecting, cocking, feeding, chambering and locking. Semi you pull trigger once per round, Auto you pull trigger once until empty or belt runs out. (And never hit spit)

Re: Well luckily we get to make that choice for ourselves

Jul 14, 2016, 11:32 AM

While I am sure you are smart with your guns plenty if people that have them are not. People get then because they think it is cool. Those who claim they have for protection most likely have never had to use for protection.

Jul 14, 2016, 11:59 AM

I've had to pull my firearm once for protection when 2 people were trying to break into my home. Thankfully I didn't have to shoot them (and I hope I never have too), because they fleed, but the point still remains that it was used as protection. There were a rise in firearm sales to the lgbt community after Orlando because they felt threatened. It doesn't matter if you ever have to use a firearm for protection, but still a very good choice to protect yourself, your family, and your property from people who intend to inflict harm. If you want a instance of someone actually firing their weapon in self defense you can find countless with a simple google search. 96% of mass shootings have happened at gun free zones because the evil people know that they will be able to commit terrible acts with little to no resistance. If gun control did work Chicago and Detroit would be some of the safest places on the US, the issue isn't guns its society.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Jul 14, 2016, 12:03 PM

I agree but guns get put in the hands of bad people to easily. Nothing to do about it tho even if a law was passed people will always find a way to get them since they are out there

Jul 14, 2016, 12:08 PM

I agree, guns get in the hands of bad people all the time. It's often through robbing and killing good people. I have had to live with and by the gun. Obviously I am secure and comfortable with them, and treat them for what they are, just another tool in my kit. That said I have had decades of experience and training with them. I myself don't have any issue with reasonable background checks or waiting periods to alleviate possible crimes of passion, but let's not rush out to change laws when we are unable or unwilling to enforce the existing laws.

Jul 14, 2016, 12:13 PM

Agreed! I know it's not about the guns but about the people and how they use them. They can just make it easy for people to take people out like we saw in Dallas. That being said if police didn't have guns we would likely have more crime so it can go both ways as most things. I just wish all peo

Jul 14, 2016, 12:14 PM

People could be good people

Jul 14, 2016, 12:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Well luckily we get to make that choice for ourselves ]

Exactly right. The Dallas gunman would have killed fewer police had he been attacking with a bow and arrow or knife.

Then outlaw cars too.

Jul 14, 2016, 2:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Well luckily we get to make that choice for ourselves ]

> While I am sure you are smart with your guns plenty
> if people that have them are not. People get then
> because they think it is cool. Those who claim they
> have for protection most likely have never had to use
> for protection.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Then outlaw cars too.

Jul 14, 2016, 2:19 PM

That is so ignorant to even say dude.

Jul 14, 2016, 10:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Um, you could not be more wrong ]

Well enjoy being unable to defend yourself for the 20-30 mins on average it takes fro the cops to get to your house.

But in your liberal world I am sure you think the bad guys are just going to hand over their already ILLEGAL weapons when the Gov calls for a ban.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Jul 14, 2016, 10:33 AM

Thank you. I do understand the big difference between the two.

The poster was trying to turn it into a semantics argument. "You called semi automatic weapons automatic therefore your whole argument is wrong." If you turn it into that semantics argument you have accept the fact they're both automatic weapons.

Jul 14, 2016, 10:36 AM

TIL Facts = semantics if they dont meet your pathetic agenda.

Also respond to the right post. This has nothing to do with me calling you out for your ignorance yet again.

Jul 14, 2016, 10:39 AM

lol you're trying to argue against the facts.

Semi automatic weapons are automatic weapons.

Jul 14, 2016, 10:49 AM

Fact is you are a pathetic loser who does nothing but attempt to troll a rivals website but just comes off as misinformed and idiotic each time.

This is just another example. Also you don't know what the word "fact" means.

Jul 14, 2016, 10:52 AM [ in reply to Re: Um, you could not be more wrong ]

Facts? Facts you say? Well by adding the Semi to the word Automatic, that kinda changes it. Makes it mean something else. That would be a Fact.

Semi-Automatic

Jul 14, 2016, 11:24 AM

The correct terminology for the weapons you're calling automatic would be fully-automatic.

Semantics?

Jul 14, 2016, 2:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Um, you could not be more wrong ]

> Thank you. I do understand the big difference between
> the two.
>
> The poster was trying to turn it into a semantics
> argument. "You called semi automatic weapons
> automatic therefore your whole argument is wrong." If
> you turn it into that semantics argument you have
> accept the fact they're both automatic weapons.

How about legal and illegal?

You misspoke and can't admit you are wrong.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jul 14, 2016, 11:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Um, you could not be more wrong ]

So how many times have you had to pull your gun out for defense?

Jul 14, 2016, 11:46 AM

Ive had to use it the same number of times I have had to use the Air bags in my car.

Doesnt mean it isnt important. Quality retort though. /s

Jul 14, 2016, 11:54 AM

Wow. Comparing a gun to an air bag. I guess airbags have killed peo

Jul 14, 2016, 11:57 AM

Well, actually airbags HAVE killed people. Not kicking rocks at you, just saying..

Jul 14, 2016, 12:00 PM

I just said they have lol. I do respect you and you have every right to have guns I just think it would be a better world without them but we cannot go back I understand. There are just some people that do not need to be able to get guns in their hands that are able to. I just people would always use them for the right reasons and plenty do not.

Jul 14, 2016, 11:58 AM [ in reply to Re: Um, you could not be more wrong ]

You serious clark...

Airbags have killed people...

You really are clueless.

Jul 14, 2016, 11:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Um, you could not be more wrong ]

Wow. Comparing a gun to an air bag. I guess airbags have killed people tho. Either way to each his own. Idc if you have guns or not I have the right to believe they are wrong and useless to have besides hunting. You can have your opinion and I respect it. I just don't like to be around guns and don't think others should. Sorry to offend you. Maybe your gun will save your life one day and I will be wronged.

Jul 14, 2016, 12:00 PM

1) I am not offended.

2) You should do more research before entering into a debate on something.

3) Air bags have killed people.

4) I am sorry that a gun scares you. You should take a class on one and you would realize there is nothing to be afraid of.

5) Sorry I have no interest in being defenseless during the 20-30 minutes it takes Police to get to most calls.

6) Good luck having bad guys give up their guns seeing how most of them all ready have them ILLEGALLY.

Jul 14, 2016, 12:07 PM

lol Airbags have never been used as a weapon to kill people.

Jul 14, 2016, 12:09 PM

Congrats that doenst change anything. Both are used as safety measures just because you havent used one doesnt mean its not important.

Keep trolling though little loser.

Jul 14, 2016, 12:15 PM

It makes a big difference when you're trying to compare the objects.

But it's obvious your incapable of being rational on the subject.

Jul 14, 2016, 12:25 PM

You're*

I'm terrible at typing on my phone.

Jul 14, 2016, 3:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Um, you could not be more wrong ]

Im plenty rational.

You are nothing more than a pathetic troll.

Jul 14, 2016, 12:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Um, you could not be more wrong ]

I have zero interest in guns I have shot them before when I was a kid they are just pointless for me and to me. Of somebody breaks into your home I am happy for you that you can scare them away. Most the time people don't break into homes and when they do they usually don't do it to harm people tho there are exceptions. I just choose not to fight fire with fire. I agree bad guys will get em and kill with them but doing the same back makes one like them. It's a messed up world tho and always will be so I understand your stance on it.

Jul 14, 2016, 9:51 AM [ in reply to Um, you could not be more wrong ]

You're confusing semi and full automatic weapons.

The automation refers the extraction and ejection of the spent cartridge, recycling the firing mechanism and loading the new cartridges into the firing chamber.

Just less automatic?

Jul 14, 2016, 9:00 AM [ in reply to Re: Automatic firearms have been illegal in the US for years.*** ]

Hence the semi.

They don't teach Latin roots at USuC.***

Jul 14, 2016, 9:00 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Jul 14, 2016, 10:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Automatic firearms have been illegal in the US for years.*** ]

lol no they arent.

Good lord anti gun people might be the biggest idiots in the world when it comes to talking like experts on a subject they know nothing about.

Jul 14, 2016, 2:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Automatic firearms have been illegal in the US for years.*** ]

THEY ARE NOT AUTOMATIC WEAPONS!!

omg***

Jul 14, 2016, 3:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Automatic firearms have been illegal in the US for years.*** ]

Jul 14, 2016, 2:00 PM [ in reply to Automatic firearms have been illegal in the US for years.*** ]

not illegal BUT u DO HAVE TO GET A PERMIT!! these are the true "machine guns" that the IGNORANT call semi-auto machine guns!one outstanding example was the girl @ Orlando that kept calling the Ar type gun a "machine gun"!!

Jul 14, 2016, 10:29 AM [ in reply to Re: the Espy's just went anti gun ]

Automatic Weapons are already illegal...

Shocking a ####### anti gun person doesn't even know what he is talking about.

I'm not anti gun but that's a terrible example

Jul 14, 2016, 10:38 AM [ in reply to Re: the Espy's just went anti gun ]

Slavery and Agriculture go hand-in-hand too.

Also this thread is in Tiger Football, sure with the mod(s? is there more than one) would move it.

Jul 13, 2016, 10:59 PM [ in reply to Re: the Espy's just went anti gun ]

God forbid someone wanting to exercise their human right of self defense.

Jul 14, 2016, 8:12 AM

So you've had to shoot somebody to protect yourself?

Jul 14, 2016, 11:02 AM

I havent had to use the air bags in my car yet but that doesnt mean they still arent important.

Haha! If any one of us had their platform there's no way

Jul 13, 2016, 10:40 PM

We'd leave politics out of it 100% of the time. There's nothing wrong with adding to the discussion of difficult topics. No matter the viewpoint.

The problem is they only allow one perspective to be expressed

Jul 13, 2016, 10:44 PM

And that perspective is one that's not shared by quite a few of the most die- hard sports fans. I'm guessing that you aren't objecting because you don't disagree with them.

Re: The problem is they only allow one perspective to be expressed

Jul 13, 2016, 10:45 PM

One perspective - leave things the way it is, the world's going to hail, etc.

The other - hey, here's an idea that new audiences might could benefit from

Who HASN'T heard the musings of Colonel Frank Fitts before? Who's the target audience?

Politicize sports, but it would be better to allow more than one perspective

Jul 13, 2016, 11:01 PM

Instead they reprimand or fire anybody who doesn't agree with the party line.

You're only fine with it because you agree.

Re: Politicize sports, but it would be better to allow more than one perspective

Jul 13, 2016, 11:29 PM

Maybe so. I've just heard about all I need to from the uninformed vocal majority.

You have to at least admit, cam, that most of the crowd I'm talking about isn't nearly as thoughtful or as articulate as you are.

If you don't see the distinction I'm talking about, chances are you're just not paying attention. There's a group of people in America who are openly opposed to POSITIVE change in this country so long as that change runs contra to what they CURRENTLY hold true.

Re: Politicize sports, but it would be better to allow more than one perspective

Jul 14, 2016, 8:27 AM

This is where you go wrong ...

Uninformed = doesn't agree with you

Is it possible that some folks who adopt an opposing view are very informed?

By the way, your side of the argument has its share of "uninformed" voices too. Have you considered that?

Re: Haha! If any one of us had their platform there's no way

Jul 13, 2016, 10:45 PM [ in reply to Haha! If any one of us had their platform there's no way ]

Actually I disagree. I see and respect your pointment but, one of the beautiful things about sports is its ability to serve as entertainment and a distraction to life's every day worries. When they bring those worries into a sports show, you are defeating much of the purpose. Just my opinion, but I do respect your viewpoint however.

I'm with you

Jul 13, 2016, 11:03 PM

I watch sports and shows for entertainment purposes with the intent of vegging out and relieving the day's stresses. When I see political statements being made it defeats my intent. I am well aware that the producers of said shows aren't mandated to create programming that caters to my relaxation needs.

I just wanna relax.

Re: the Espy's just went anti gun***

Jul 13, 2016, 10:49 PM

Re: the Espy's just went anti gun******

Jul 13, 2016, 10:50 PM

Keep trying little buddy. You'll get it right.***

Jul 13, 2016, 10:51 PM

Re: Keep trying little buddy. You'll get it right.***

Jul 13, 2016, 10:54 PM

Thanks for the encouragement!

esecpn is a liberal shathole.
"Love is love".....

Maybe give it a few more reps.***

Jul 13, 2016, 10:55 PM

Re: Maybe give it a few more reps.***

Jul 13, 2016, 10:58 PM

"Hating queers = love?"

Did I do gud?

Jul 13, 2016, 11:06 PM

You and Robbie have a cute little two man elephant walk going!

Jul 13, 2016, 11:07 PM

which one is in the back you suppose?

Me

Jul 13, 2016, 11:10 PM

I mean.... What.... Never mind.

NTTAWWT***

Jul 13, 2016, 11:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Maybe give it a few more reps.*** ]

Jul 13, 2016, 11:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Maybe give it a few more reps.*** ]

You like seeing us go at it?

At least you admit it instead of TDing and running like a homeaux.

JK, I've always liked you elwyn

Jul 13, 2016, 11:30 PM

But serious, if you wanna fellate me, lemme know

Jul 13, 2016, 11:36 PM

T-male sent!

Jul 14, 2016, 11:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Maybe give it a few more reps.*** ]

Not appreciating a lifestyle nor wanting to be reminded of it does not equal hate.

Re: Hating queers equals love?

Jul 14, 2016, 11:33 AM [ in reply to Re: Maybe give it a few more reps.*** ]

Not appreciating a lifestyle nor wanting to be reminded of it does not equal hate.

so you decided to post politics on the Football board?

Jul 13, 2016, 10:55 PM

You just did the exact same thing as the athletes, except you have a much much much smaller voice.

Would you like ESPN to give you a 'trigger' warning next time someone says something you don't like?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yes, can you make that happen

Jul 13, 2016, 11:05 PM

Nm

Uh oh...looks like someone's narrow world view just

Jul 13, 2016, 11:17 PM

expanded against his will. Step away from the TV and turn your radio to 106.3 and you'll just be fine. You can pretend like you matter.

Says a person who supports a network that fires people for having different opinions

Jul 13, 2016, 11:22 PM

Irony, thy name is "clemson32."

So what's Gretchen up to these days?

Jul 14, 2016, 12:13 AM

nm

First, you can stop watching ESPN anytime you like.

Jul 14, 2016, 12:33 AM [ in reply to Says a person who supports a network that fires people for having different opinions ]

Second, they don't fire people for having "different opinions." They fire people for saying hateful and uninclusive crap.

You sure picked a great team to play for...can't wait for you to get washed away by history's steamroller as continually happens to your ilk.

Re: Uh oh...looks like someone's narrow world view just

Jul 13, 2016, 11:27 PM [ in reply to Uh oh...looks like someone's narrow world view just ]

"you can pretend like you matter" your ilk is everything that is wrong in America right now

People with hateful and racist opinions don't matter.***

Jul 14, 2016, 12:34 AM

So supporting the 2nd amendment automatically makes a person

Jul 14, 2016, 12:48 AM

hateful and racist? And you're trying to call people narrow minded?

I'll just leave these here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3j34rJytl8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9pd9ob-VEI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiqJubtLrTI

Re: People with hateful and racist opinions don't matter.***

Jul 14, 2016, 6:57 AM [ in reply to People with hateful and racist opinions don't matter.*** ]

Oh I got you the first time Hitler or should I call you Mao? People that have opinions that run contrary to yours don't matter.

why do you assume that my world view is narrow?

Jul 14, 2016, 7:30 AM [ in reply to Uh oh...looks like someone's narrow world view just ]

And you assume that I am living in a certain area too. I don't even know what 106.3 plays in your area. Please enlighten me.

Also, everyone on this earth matters and that includes you and me. No need to throw insults.

Last year they went pro gender identity confusion. I don't

Jul 14, 2016, 1:38 AM

see this as a shock.

Who/what are you referring to?

Jul 14, 2016, 7:42 AM

I didn't watch last night, the only thing I've really seen in the news about it is the opening with James, Anthony, CP3, and Wade.

Apologies

Jul 14, 2016, 7:43 AM

I realize that is not grammatically correct now that I see it.

Re: Who/what are you referring to?

Jul 14, 2016, 7:59 AM [ in reply to Who/what are you referring to? ]

The link takes you to a website that has the speech. http://www.ew.com/article/2016/07/13/espys-2016-zaevion-dobson-mother-speech

It's a very tragic story and I can't imagine what the mother is going through. Her son died a hero.

I've been anti ESPiN for over a decade.***

Jul 14, 2016, 11:33 AM

Jul 14, 2016, 11:44 AM

That's your fault for watching the ESPYs. Who the heck watches that anyway?

I have self-hatred issues

Jul 14, 2016, 3:01 PM

Occasionally, I have my coworkers kick me in the #######

Re: I have self-hatred issues

Jul 14, 2016, 3:25 PM

You'll hear no criticism from me...masochism is the way to go!

Best Argument on Gun Control----Hilarious!

Jul 14, 2016, 5:25 PM

Pro Gun or Anti Gun, you'll love this! (warning, there is some bad language)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rR9IaXH1M0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9UFyNy-rw4

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 132
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic