Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
KB7 seemed to be settled at Mizzou
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

KB7 seemed to be settled at Mizzou

May 17, 2019, 7:46 AM

I watched the Mizzou Spring Game yesterday, and KB7 (yeah, he's number 7 now) was doing pretty well on his new team. Actually, KB7's strength is running the ball, and the SG does not reveal much for running QB's. His passing was better, so hopefully Mizzou plays well and gives some SEC teams a hard time.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: KB7 seemed to be settled at Mizzou

May 17, 2019, 7:52 AM

I wish him all the best, especially on 9-21-19!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

KB7

May 17, 2019, 8:02 PM

I like KB more than I like a lot of guys who post negative things about the guy who led Clemson to a 12 win season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 17, 2019, 7:54 AM

The whole " terrible passer " thing got overblown . Is he TL ? No ... but who is ?
He wouldn't have gotten a scholarship offer at Clemson if he couldn't throw the football .
His development in the passing game is more about reads and quick decisions .
Wishing him a great season at Mizzou . Hope they win the east and shut the Pups yaps for another year .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

May 17, 2019, 8:14 AM

He couldnt stretch the field. His passing was average at best. I hope he has improved though. Wishing him a great season.

May 17, 2019, 9:17 AM

LOL - Interesting is that he threw a fantastic pass downfield for a huge gain, and it was perfectly thrown while he was on the move. One of the best passes I ever saw him throw. I was somewhat amazed, but maybe he's better at the passing game. He was 10-for-11 early on, only missing his 3rd read deep in the red zone. Not bad IMO, but we'll have to wait until the season begins to see if he has improved in that phase of the game. His tendency to run the ball too often negates his great RB too, so they had better resolve that issue.

May 17, 2019, 9:28 AM

Yeah he was fine with short passes. Passing down field he was weak. He pulled it off here and there. That's why Bama loaded line. He wasn't much of a threat stretching the field.

Short passes except...

May 17, 2019, 9:44 AM

...what seemed like of lot of side line screen passes where he'd throw the ball over the receiver's head or at his feet. Who else was out of their minds watching that?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes.. lob the ball to the sideline and get the WR hammered***

May 17, 2019, 11:10 AM

Spot On Assessment Of KB

May 17, 2019, 9:26 AM [ in reply to Re: KB7 seemed to be settled at Mizzou ]

Carlsbad® said:

He couldnt stretch the field. His passing was average at best. I hope he has improved though. Wishing him a great season.

I saw a pass distribution of KB's season as a starter and his effective passing was 15 yards or less. His numbers over 15-20 yards were horrible. Alabama knew this and has the horse to stack the box and come after him with no threat of the deep ball. His release is a lot slower than TL, DW, and TB because he has a bit of a "wind-up" in his throwing motion.

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

May 17, 2019, 9:02 AM [ in reply to Re: KB7 seemed to be settled at Mizzou ]

He was a trash passer and our coaches were hoping to fix his mechanics and it didn’t work out. He overthrew our WRs a lot and stared them down. Used to tuck it and run a lot when WRs were blanketed and instead of checking down to the RBs. Our WRs has their worse years statistically when KB started. That hurt their development. And I’m still going to say that it hurt Cain’s development and played a role with him dropping to the 6th round. Yea he had some drops but there were WRs that led the NCAA in drops in previous years and were still drafted in earlier rounds. I honestly think KB is better off being a WR in the NFL.

May 17, 2019, 9:09 AM

Definitely not a “trash” passer and you should be embarrassed for saying that about one of our guys. It wasn’t his strength, but he was effective.

May 17, 2019, 9:13 AM

No I’m not embarrassed at all...I’m call it like I see it. And last time I checked, few years ago people were trashing Cole Stoudt for his regular season play and there was even a vid out there of Clemson student reporters going around asking other students about whether there should be a change at QB etc because of how bad stoudt was...if a simple statement like the one I made effected you negatively then apparently you wasn’t on TigerNet when people were bashing stoudt

May 17, 2019, 6:22 PM

Affected

May 17, 2019, 9:19 AM [ in reply to Re: KB7 seemed to be settled at Mizzou ]

Do you enjoy that National championship? If so then call it like it is. He thrived in high school due to his mobility and we he got to college nothing changed. Cant throw it in the ocean! Those are the facts. Trash is a harsh word. We will say horrible to keep it PC. Enjoy our latest Natty because with KB it wouldn't have happened! He got heat out and quit. Path of least resistance not a fan of his. Sorry my opinion!!

May 17, 2019, 9:31 AM

Exactly, elite defenses would crush KB. Bama challenges him to throw the ball and his weakness showed. He just needs to be realistic with himself if he wants to have a long NFL career. He and Dakereon Joyner are sipping the same juice. Look at the long list of QBs that killed/killing it in the NFL after switching to WR...

May 17, 2019, 1:01 PM [ in reply to Re: KB7 seemed to be settled at Mizzou ]

This KB7 is NOT one of OUR guys! He quit didn’t he?

May 17, 2019, 9:13 AM [ in reply to Re: KB7 seemed to be settled at Mizzou ]

Good post Dug....I may make Missouri my 2nd team this year, or Northwestern!
I've never had a second team before.?? No need to I suppose.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Guess I'll add to the list...

May 17, 2019, 6:49 PM

After...way, after Clemson...I'll add Northwestern and Missouri, behind Oregon. When your money goes to your kid's tuition/living expenses, you find something that's a 'give back'! Oregon was fun while he was there...and since, for the most part!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wish KB the best...always a Clemson Tiger...

May 17, 2019, 9:41 AM [ in reply to Re: KB7 seemed to be settled at Mizzou ]

...but you have to admit, it was the defense that got us to the CFP in 2017 and Bama really exposed our lack of talent at the QB position. If you rewatch the game you'll see that KB was simply ineffective. Poor passing/decisions or tuck and run without going down his checklist. I don't feel like the OL was so terrible nor the rest of the offensive weapons so terrible that it justified the crappy offense play. It wasn't exactly Charlie Whitehurst's offense where he had to scramble for his life on nearly every play. KB did the very best he could with his talent...what more can we say or demand of him?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I wish KB the best...always a Clemson Tiger...

May 17, 2019, 11:20 AM

Yep - tuck and run ... Always felt like if he had distributed the ball to his running backs a little more he would have been more effective..... idk

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

The crazy thing!

May 17, 2019, 12:49 PM [ in reply to I wish KB the best...always a Clemson Tiger... ]

I hear most of the comments posted so far about "how bad KB was at passing it past 10 - 15 yards"! What I really don't get is: "how so many got so butt hurt over him leaving"! Many - not saying anyone on here who has posted - of whom thought like posters on this thread feel.
He completed his obligation to Clemson University and represented the school like a respectful young man!
The fact so many also were not fans of his game; yet talked so much trash about him for leaving is always kind of weird.

I wish him nothing but the best! He is an alum like many of Clemson University now and forever and no one can take that away! Good Luck KB!

***p.s. I am one of those fans who thought he hurt us with his inconsistent deep passes too! But, never said a mumbling word about his desire to leave. I just wasn't a fan of "some of the stuff he said" in leaving! Not at all!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The crazy thing!

May 17, 2019, 12:58 PM

I preferred he stayed and be our version of Braxton Miller....but he left and I didn’t really care

May 17, 2019, 7:14 PM [ in reply to The crazy thing! ]

Fans were more upset with what he said than him leaving.

May 17, 2019, 7:55 PM

Oh yea that ticked me off too. The guy had every opportunity to win the job and the coaches gave him numerous chances to take over that job. They were holding his hand for the longest. Quite frankly he just isn’t that good period. He started in the first place by default because Nick Schuesseler graduated. He couldn’t even beat him out for backup duties behind DW4

May 17, 2019, 1:11 PM

KB is definitely a good enough QB to win a lot of games, but down filed passing is not his strength. Elite defenses will stack the box to minimize the affect of the run game and short passes; forcing him to throw it deep to win. Basically, they will do what Bama did to us in the Sugar Bowl. The good news for KB is that other than Georgia, there aren’t any elite defenses in the SEC Least. Based on that, I think he will have a very successful year.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic