Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
the case against AlabAMA
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 3,438

the case against AlabAMA

Oct 31, 2019, 4:08 PM

From MSN Sports:

If the Crimson Tide lose to LSU and fail to reach the SEC title game, that could sink their playoff hopes. The biggest question for a one-loss Alabama team would be its resume. If the Tide go 11-1 without an SEC title, their best win would be over a likely ranked Auburn team. Wins over Duke, New Mexico State, Southern Miss and Western Carolina in nonconference play would not impress the playoff committee, and neither would a road victory over Texas A&M. The Tide might point to the SEC’s strength as a reason for inclusion, but just look at who Alabama has played or will play in the conference this year: South Carolina (3-5), Ole Miss (3-5), Texas A&M (5-3), Tennessee (3-5), Arkansas (2-6), LSU (8-0), Mississippi State (3-5) and Auburn (6-2). Is going 7-1 against that group — which is a combined 33-31 — really worth playoff consideration? How would Alabama stack up against other potential one-loss teams, like Oregon, Utah, Oklahoma, Baylor or Penn State?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: the case against AlabAMA

Oct 31, 2019, 4:15 PM

I agree with the article, just hope the committee sees it that way too. The SEC talking heads on ESPN will certainly be making the case for Bama as they already have been making the case for 2 SEC teams in the playoffs the last 3 weeks.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2019, 10:09 PM

Nice thought but Alabama will get every consideration unti we beat them or someone else beats them about five times in the playoffs. And then maybe. The mythology is so completely ingrained it is divorced from reality. At this point, there is no scenario that at least one, and most likely two SEC teams will be in the playooffs. Losses or no. It will take multiple times beating them against the mythology of ESPN and the dominant SEC punditry. It is cultish, but has its adherents against all evidence at all times. It is sports version of FOX and Friends

Oct 31, 2019, 4:33 PM

One factor that I have not see mentioned is the size of the loss or win. A tight game and close score may add some credence to either AL's or LSU's argument, but if the loss or win is by 2 scores or more, not so much.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2019, 4:38 PM

don't you know fact don't matter-its the SEC. Plus little Nicky is already planning to say that if tau doesn't play-it cost them the game. I really don't want to hear lil nicky crying like he did a couple of years ago when they missed the sec championship game. But I guess because its the SEC (bama)-it just means more.

I have been saying for a couple weeks, I hope LSU wins by 20

Oct 31, 2019, 7:13 PM [ in reply to Re: the case against AlabAMA ]

or more!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2019, 4:43 PM

If Tua does not play the loss will not count against Alabama at all in the committee's eyes but it will count as a big win for LSU that's a fact.

And if Alabama beats LSU without Tua, does it eliminate LSU?***

Oct 31, 2019, 5:09 PM

Anybody that thinks Alabama's the same team they've been

Oct 31, 2019, 5:01 PM

over the past few years "ain't payin' attention." They don't deserve a "free pass" this year (not that the really ever did.)

I hope the talking heads aren't stupid enough to give them one.

Oct 31, 2019, 5:44 PM

But But But
They are the greatest college football team ever LOL
seems they have already traveled that road
and were in the top 4 teams
what they say about history it repeats it self

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2019, 6:16 PM

I believe Alabama will beat LSU and lose to Auburn.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

I hope Bama loses to both!! Then LSU loses to Florida

Oct 31, 2019, 7:17 PM

in the SEC championship game, after Florida has lost to FSU! Probably won't happen, but that is my dream scenario!!

Nov 1, 2019, 8:39 AM [ in reply to Re: the case against AlabAMA ]

Without Tua, Bama would not score enough points to beat a team like Tennessee, much less LSU.

Oct 31, 2019, 6:50 PM

Unlike their fans, I'm not scared of that match up. Let any of them in.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2019, 7:12 PM

I'm thinking after seeing that article and reasoning, the SEC Commisioner has already gotten Satan and the Cookie Monster on a conference call to discuss it. If LSU loses to Bama, then the SEC has a better chance getting 2 teams in because a 1 loss LSU team has a much better resume.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They Shouldn't Be!

Oct 31, 2019, 10:01 PM

Be interesting to see but it will "never happen" if Baylor were to win the Big 12. Ohio State the Big 10. Clemson the ACC. LSU - b/c I think they go to Tuscaloosa and beat the "Tired". Then Florida in the SECCG.
4 undefeated conference champs and two teams( Bama and Oklahoma ) with 1 loss. Sorry Bama your S.O.S and you have a loss - your out! Oklahoma if a 1 loss was in; it wouldn't be you b/c you lost to a unranked opponent.

It won't happen b/c Baylor can't beat Oklahoma twice(Big 12 plays round robin then top two play a championship game).

The tired will still have the best 1 loss I think.

LSU could boast more about who they played since Texas was on the resume. But, what has Texas done really? Texas we all thought was overrated. And they are.

The Good guys(Clemson) just needs to keep winning!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wisconsin lost!

Oct 31, 2019, 10:44 PM

In 2017 when Bama did not win their division and went to the playoffs and won it. Wisconsin lost, period.
The Badgers did what they do and lost to a team with speed and size on the line of scrimmage. They were undefeated. They lost to a two loss Ohio State team!

It is not a for gone conclusion Bama would get in if there were undefeated conference champions!

If that were to happen w/o some major event like an undefeated team losing the championship game or late in the season - scrap the whole thing!
But so far, "that has not happened"! Wisconsin lost and that's how they got in that year!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

been saying that on here

Oct 31, 2019, 11:54 PM

we have 5 wins vs teams at or above .500 vs bamas 3

Replies: 17
| visibility 3,438
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic