Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The BCS Era ends with USC being shutout.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

The BCS Era ends with USC being shutout.

Dec 2, 2013, 2:53 PM

It is like it never even existed for them

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The BCS Era ends with USC being shutout.

Dec 2, 2013, 2:56 PM

good riddance!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you do know that the bcs is the brainchild of the sec,right?

Dec 2, 2013, 6:35 PM

man, at least our fan base knows some football !

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is being shut out better than being dominated?***

Dec 2, 2013, 2:57 PM

Re: Is being shut out better than being dominated?***

Dec 2, 2013, 2:58 PM

Lot of teams did not make a BCS bowl but only one gave up 70+ in their only trip.

I guess that's better than never going?

Dec 2, 2013, 3:00 PM

I guess that Hardee's trophy looks like sitting all by itself down in Columbia.

Maybe walmart will slap that on a tshirt for you.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Kinda like how y'all set a record in your ONLY SECCG

Dec 2, 2013, 5:30 PM

Appearance. By the way, you may have beat us with a little help from us but you will NEVER dominate us. Period

BCS era ends and that record will always belong to Clemson!***

Dec 2, 2013, 3:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Is being shut out better than being dominated?*** ]

Re: BCS era ends and that record will always belong to Clemson!***

Dec 2, 2013, 6:19 PM

Congrats on your record in the SEC Championship as well, in which you lost by the same margin.

LOL LOSER!

Re: BCS era ends and that record will always belong to Clemson!***

Dec 2, 2013, 7:15 PM

We lost to the eventual national champs (who we also lost to by 8 earlier that year) - you lost to the Big East Champs. lol That conference doesn't even play football anymore

Playing the best team twice in the same year isn't easy.

i really was hoping one of you idiots would go there. y'all

Dec 2, 2013, 7:32 PM

have won one conference title ever, correct ? we have been to one bcs bowl , correct ? the difference is y'all want to laugh at us for losing to west va. in the game.
in 1969, after winning the acc championship ( the only championship in y'alls pathetic history), y'all went to a bowl game. guess who y'all lost to? if you said west freaking virginia, you would be right ! however, since history only goes back 4 years, that don't mean jack, and btw,we are going back to a bcs game you can watch us in miami !

Re: i really was hoping one of you idiots would go there. y'all

Dec 2, 2013, 9:30 PM

> have won one conference title ever, correct ? we have
> been to one bcs bowl , correct ? the difference is
> y'all want to laugh at us for losing to west va. in
> the game.
> in 1969, after winning the acc championship ( the
> e only championship in y'alls pathetic history),
> y'all went to a bowl game. guess who y'all lost to?
> if you said west freaking virginia, you would be
> right ! however, since history only goes back 4
> years, that don't mean jack, and btw,we are going
> back to a bcs game you can watch us in miami !

Since "history" seems to be the only thing Clemson fans have now, I have a suggestion. There's an old saying that "those who ignore history are destined to repeat it." Maybe, just maybe, if you guys quit living in the "30 years ago" realm, you might get over the proverbial hump you now reside in. I'm just sayin....

Which hump would that be?

Dec 2, 2013, 10:07 PM

We've won championships. A lot. Some of them recently. You guys have one ACC championship from a billion years ago and a SEC East championship in what was arguably the worst year for the east. Actually, I'd say that this is probably one of the worst years for the east and you still didn't win it. Don't try to act like you guys are worlds ahead of us. You lost to a team that we beat the week prior (even though we knocked some of their players out) and lost to a terrible Tennessee team.

No, next question.***

Dec 2, 2013, 2:58 PM [ in reply to Is being shut out better than being dominated?*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Please tell me that CCU stands for Coastal Carolina

Dec 2, 2013, 2:59 PM [ in reply to Is being shut out better than being dominated?*** ]

University.

That school is a joke. LOL

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Please tell me that CCU stands for Coastal Carolina

Dec 2, 2013, 7:15 PM

^^^ Clemson class

Why don't you reference that SEC CG disaster

Dec 2, 2013, 3:25 PM [ in reply to Is being shut out better than being dominated?*** ]

most points against and largest margin of victory.

Re: Why don't you reference that SEC CG disaster

Dec 2, 2013, 5:51 PM

And a larger viewing audience

Dec 2, 2013, 2:59 PM

> It is like it never even existed for them

So does the last half decade for the tigers with losses to the coots. Do you really want to go there?

even in their most relevant era, the Chickens are irrelevent

Dec 2, 2013, 3:00 PM

they get to play an unranked lead-footed 3-loss Big 10 team with a noon kickoff. AGAIN. Will it be Iowa, Wisconsin, or Nebraska? the only question remaining.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very true

Dec 2, 2013, 3:05 PM

Worst loss in bcs history is a lot worst looking than not playing in a bcs game. Maybe the record for worst loss will be replaced this year tho. Bama could top it

Dec 2, 2013, 3:08 PM

You guys are really grasping at straws here... If they didn't limit the amount from each conference, there's no way the 8th ranked team at the end of the season gets left out of all 5 games. Only reason you guys make it to Miami, if you do, is because they can't pick SC or the loser of the SECCG after the winner and Bama are selected. Has nothing to do with SC's relevance but more to do with all the BS little rules that were attached to get the BCS passed, which is why it had to go.
What's worse, is all I read on here is how classy Clemson fans are and if you look at yourselves right now, you sound just like Gamecock fans used to.

All you had to do was beat Tennessee or Georgia

Dec 2, 2013, 3:10 PM

and you wouldn't have had to worry about it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: All you had to do was beat Tennessee or Georgia

Dec 2, 2013, 3:14 PM

Not true.... even with either win, if you don't win the SECCG, do you think anyone gets picked ahead of Bama?

You don't think you would've beaten Auburn?***

Dec 2, 2013, 3:18 PM

That's the coots problem. Why not cry on a coot board!!***

Dec 2, 2013, 6:24 PM [ in reply to Re: All you had to do was beat Tennessee or Georgia ]

Guess what coot?

Dec 2, 2013, 6:18 PM [ in reply to Re: The BCS Era ends with USC being shutout. ]

This is a Tiger board, so we can post anything we want and it not be classless. Go back to your own bord!

t-e-n-n-e-s-s-e-e. you want me to go slower ?

Dec 2, 2013, 6:38 PM [ in reply to Re: The BCS Era ends with USC being shutout. ]

we lost to yeo top-10 teams, y'all lost to one. and one top 120 team, regardless of division.

Re: t-e-n-n-e-s-s-e-e. you want me to go slower ?

Dec 2, 2013, 8:21 PM

F. I. V. E. in a row. Want me to go slower? You guys need to do better than this. Really.t

Re: t-e-n-n-e-s-s-e-e. you want me to go slower ?

Dec 2, 2013, 8:45 PM [ in reply to t-e-n-n-e-s-s-e-e. you want me to go slower ? ]

> we lost to yeo top-10 teams, y'all lost to one. and
> one top 120 team, regardless of division.

And the tigers lost to the coots who lost to Tennessee. How childish and stupid these arguments become when you lose to your arch-rival.

Wait until the 4 team playoff begins

Dec 2, 2013, 3:17 PM

They'll never get a shot at that one either.

Dec 2, 2013, 3:22 PM

There's the national championship...and then all the other bowls. Once teams like Northern Illinois started making the BCS games it lost all it's prestige to the real college football fan. It's not like a team like SC makes any more money by going. Just look at the attendance of those games...the Orange bowl looked like a Miami home game when Clemson was there. Everyone knows that WVU vs. Clemson wasn't one of the top 4 bowl games that year.

It's about the chance to play for championships...and the BCS hasn't meant anything for that in years. USC hasn't won any of those either...but who cares if you go to the Sugar Bowl or Orange Bowl if you don't have a chance to play for a title. For an SEC team I don't think fans care as much because the next group of bowl games are such good draws...if you're in the ACC it's a little different because you can quickly find yourself playing on Dec. 24.

Dec 2, 2013, 5:20 PM

It stands for Coot #### University!

Lmao

They win and still lose.

Dec 2, 2013, 5:26 PM

Also funny the didn't make the SECCG with that cupcake schedule and everyone else having terrible years. Only coots could beat Missouri and not make it to the SECCG.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

It's like those years they manage to beat UGA and still not

Dec 2, 2013, 10:10 PM

make it.

They know they're irrelevant...

Dec 2, 2013, 5:32 PM

We don't have to tell them. They'll always talk about their games with us while we move on to bigger and better things.

Dec 2, 2013, 5:51 PM

What is it about having only two teams from a conference in BCS games that you do not understand? Guess what Wake Forest made a BCS game once because it plays in a very crappy conference.

It's called being ONE of the TWO top teams in your

Dec 2, 2013, 6:30 PM

conference. Quit CRYING and start chanting SEC, SEC. Will make you feel better. LOL.

Now I know what it's like to be a taxpayer

Dec 2, 2013, 6:06 PM

Watching someone on foods stamps brag about the steak they just bought.

Re: Now I know what it's like to be a taxpayer

Dec 2, 2013, 6:21 PM

^LOL acting like he's not on food stamps.

Gas pumpers don't pay taxes? Mercy!!***

Dec 2, 2013, 6:32 PM [ in reply to Now I know what it's like to be a taxpayer ]

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic