Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Religion topic
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 1,074

Religion topic

Feb 15, 2021, 1:23 PM

So why is it considered a "Christian" responsibility to support the Jewish population of Israel? Are they not, by Christian doctrine, condemned people because of their refusal to accept Christ?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we are all the Children of Abraham

Feb 15, 2021, 1:30 PM

and the Bible affirms the right of Israeli land to the Jews.

Its in God's plan to return and he will return to that land first. Its sacred land and all a part of God's plan. Have to protect his plan and his people.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As an omnipotent deity, I would think God can do what God

Feb 15, 2021, 1:40 PM

wants to do; Why would he need human assistance?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I dont know, ask a preacher***

Feb 15, 2021, 1:42 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stop ruining the story with logic.***

Feb 15, 2021, 1:42 PM [ in reply to As an omnipotent deity, I would think God can do what God ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It doesn't work well with any religion.***

Feb 15, 2021, 1:45 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I dont think maniac said otherwise. The OP question asks

Feb 15, 2021, 3:44 PM [ in reply to As an omnipotent deity, I would think God can do what God ]

about a situation not proposed by the biblical account.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It seems he did.

Feb 15, 2021, 5:31 PM

Have to protect his plan and his people.

That implies its the people's duty to protect the plan. That's how it reads, unless Manac meant God had to protect the plan. Which then doesn't answer the OP.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

You never gave your kids busy work

Feb 15, 2021, 4:44 PM [ in reply to As an omnipotent deity, I would think God can do what God ]

just to keep them quiet and out of your hair for a bit?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: we are all the Children of Abraham

Feb 15, 2021, 1:52 PM [ in reply to we are all the Children of Abraham ]

Isn't that Old Testament scripture prior to Christ and the rise of Christianity? Why would God want to foster and nurture a race of people that he will ultimately condemn for their refusal to accept Christ as their savior?

Feb 15, 2021, 4:29 PM [ in reply to we are all the Children of Abraham ]

manac

Could you guide me to the part of the bible that affirms this "right" of the Jews.

At some level

Feb 15, 2021, 4:57 PM [ in reply to we are all the Children of Abraham ]

does this not seem absolutely insane...that we would base foreign policy and fight wars based on an interpretation of a book best used as a moral/spiritual guide? As a Christian, I believe that those who choose to use the Bible as a literal historical/prophetical text will indeed be the death of us all.

Re: At some level

Feb 15, 2021, 5:16 PM

Kind of like using Nostradamus to guide one's foreign policy.

Feb 15, 2021, 5:30 PM [ in reply to we are all the Children of Abraham ]

If the Bible is true, God doesn't need anyone's help in doing that. He'll make it happen.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Feb 16, 2021, 2:14 AM

God didn’t need Moses to free the Hebrews, yet he used Moses.
God didn’t need Paul to evangelize, yet he used Paul.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Right...

Feb 16, 2021, 8:27 AM

But I don't recall Moses and Paul acting like they were tasked with carrying out God's will before God charged them to do so.

Re: Right...

Feb 17, 2021, 3:16 AM

That must be because you are unfamiliar with the Bible, or maybe just forgot whatever it was you read.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I know we have our difference, but I hope you're part of the

Feb 16, 2021, 8:55 AM [ in reply to we are all the Children of Abraham ]

144,000 that make it to heaven that are not Jewish.

If not. ####. Sorry.

I like your funny words magic man

Re: Religion topic

Feb 15, 2021, 1:55 PM

I am not certain what you mean by "support the Jewish population of Israel" but, God still has plans for them.

By condemned i gather you mean rejected? Much too deep to discuss just in a few sentences but, Israel is still God's chosen people through the covenant with Abraham and as such are not a discarded people. Yes, they rejected Jesus, the Messiah that they waited so long for. They still reject Him as their Savior nationally today. But God will restore the nation of Israel. It will, however, be a painful process for them. Think tribulation. Think about this phrase - the time of Jacob's trouble.

The church will be raptured out of the tribulation but Israel will remain for it. Remember this too, when the Jewish people cried out for Jesus to be crucified they said, "Let His blood be on us and our children!" well...

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Feb 15, 2021, 2:02 PM

see Ineligible user® this is why we needed a preacher We all learn.

Feb 15, 2021, 2:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Religion topic ]

So, in order to receive salvation, you must accept Christ as your savior.
***unless you are Jewish and reside in Israel. You are given salvation regardless****

No

Feb 15, 2021, 2:08 PM

not what I said. Are you now asking about Salvation? If so, then you should clearly state your question that way.

Further, please explain your understanding of salvation: what it is, how it is "achieved", can it be lost once it is found, are there signs to identify if one is saved, is there a limit on how many can be saved, are there restrictions on who can be saved, and.... well, i'll save a few more for you until you answer those questions.

Thanks for your genuine interest in this matter.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Slightly on topic

Feb 15, 2021, 5:43 PM

How do you feel about the 144,000? Do you believe it will be literally 144,000 as mentioned in Revelations, or do you take this to be a figurative number? I know there are disagreeing interpretations.

Re: Slightly on topic

Feb 15, 2021, 5:56 PM

to begin, I don't think it relates to anyone but the Jewish people, and by the tribes that are listed for each in Revelation (no "s"). I do think it is a literal number to the Jewish nation in that regard.

It's mostly a bunch of GOP/Evangelical bullsh*t.

Feb 15, 2021, 2:21 PM

If you haven't noticed, I am on an anti-Evangelical tear.

Anyhow, as others have mentioned, the Bible does indicate the specialness of the land of Israel and the Jewish people in G-d's redemptive plan. We are told to pray for the peace of Jerusalem, etc.

HOWEVER, like so many other things, this has been heightened and twisted to be used by unscrupulous politicians (oxymoron, that) to win the Evangelical vote.

Interestingly, if one looks at the history of religious Jews and at the beliefs of the "Ultra Orthodox" today, they are mostly NOT Zionists. They believe only G-d himself can restore Israel, not the actions of politicians.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haredim_and_Zionism

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is not how the story unfolded. No one is rejected

Feb 15, 2021, 3:41 PM

because one rejects Jesus. We all have put ourselves in an estranged position already. An offer to return Home has been made. One accepts it or not. If not, no new judgement is made. It is all our choice.

But as to "support", that is a fair question, but would need to know what you mean by that. Do they have a right to defend their national security? Do they have a right to take lands not given to them after WWII? What exactly is the question?

Message was edited by: CUintulsa®

Re: That is not how the story unfolded. No one is rejected

Feb 15, 2021, 4:31 PM

:) Stay on the subject.

Feb 15, 2021, 5:25 PM

The opposite of deep, actually. We are all the Prodigal Son. The door was always open for him. Had he not chosen to come home, did his father reject him because he didnt come home, or was he in the pig sty because he was the one who chose that road long before. The latter, yes?

Message was edited by: CUintulsa®

Feb 15, 2021, 4:32 PM [ in reply to That is not how the story unfolded. No one is rejected ]

Tulsa

My interest is simple. Will Jews go to hell when they die if they do not accept jesus christ as their savior.

There is no answer for Jews or Muslims, or Christians,

Feb 15, 2021, 5:36 PM

for that matter. The answer is for the person in the mirror. John 3:16 is Jesus's own words, a Jew talking to a Jew. There can be no more to know. What answer can there be other than that one?

Feb 15, 2021, 7:32 PM [ in reply to Re: That is not how the story unfolded. No one is rejected ]

John 14:6

6 Jesus said to him, “I am lthe way, and mthe truth, and nthe life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Seems pretty clear to me that Jews do not get to heaven since they reject Jesus Christ. Which begs the question, why do Evangelicals in this country feel that it's the Christian thing to help a people prosper who are destined for damnation?

Feb 16, 2021, 2:17 AM

Jesus can’t show grace and mercy and allow the Jews, and anyone else he wants, in through him?

You might want to read all of Romans 11. Your answer, whether you like it or not, is there.

Feb 15, 2021, 4:33 PM

I just want to know why mosquitoes were taken on the ark.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 15, 2021, 5:22 PM

bat food

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 16, 2021, 2:19 AM [ in reply to Re: Religion topic ]

Mosquitoes love floods. No ark required.

Here you go

Feb 15, 2021, 8:37 PM

Re: Here you go

Feb 15, 2021, 10:37 PM

How do you read this scripture and what it means for the nation of Israel as they have completely rejected Jesus Christ?

John 14:6

6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Re: Here you go

Feb 16, 2021, 6:46 AM

That scripture is clear. Also, the Bible gives a clear example of a jewish leader talking to Jesus about the subject of eternal life. ( Nicodemus). Jesus tells him in John 3:3 that no one inherits the kingdom of heaven unless he is born again. No Jew, no Muslim, no atheist, no Baptist sitting in a pew playing church , no one unless he is born again.

Not sure if already posted, but in my experience with

Feb 16, 2021, 8:31 AM

conservative evangelical Christians who are rabidly in favor of unlimited support for the nation of Israel (and I have a lifetime of such experience, including probably 95% of my friends)

It's all about Genesis 12:3. The entire philosophy is from 14 words at the start of this verse.

"And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed."

They literally believe that if the USA "support" Israel

Feb 16, 2021, 8:36 AM

then the USA will be prosperous, and if they don't "support" Israel, the USA will go in the toilet.

Re: They literally believe that if the USA "support" Israel

Feb 16, 2021, 8:53 AM

Well they are our only friend in that part of the world so there’s that reason to support them.

Maybe true, but the people I know, that has nothing

Feb 16, 2021, 9:08 AM

to do with it. It's all about Genesis 12:3.

If Israel came out saying that they didn't like the USA wanted to fight them, then these people would take Israel's side, because of Genesis 12:3.

This answer actually makes the most sense...

Feb 16, 2021, 9:10 AM [ in reply to They literally believe that if the USA "support" Israel ]

Compared to all the other responses.

I personally believe that God is talking to Abraham

Feb 16, 2021, 9:15 AM

and referring to Abraham. But I'm in a small minority on that. Most of this segment of Christians believe is he making a statement about the entire people that came from Abraham (Israel).

Even if the latter is true, to me, that's more about treating people of Jewish decent well, not supporting a government/nation-state. But again, I'm in the minority.

Feb 16, 2021, 9:19 AM [ in reply to They literally believe that if the USA "support" Israel ]

Too funny. So they believe we must give reach arounds to non Christians who reject Christ in order for us to prosper. LOL, you can't make this up

Feb 16, 2021, 9:23 AM

There is one fate for both Jews and Gentiles who reject Christ.

Replies: 45
| visibility 1,074
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic