Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Keep waiting for some good recruiting news
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Keep waiting for some good recruiting news

Jul 25, 2018, 5:48 PM

So far it seems(to those like me that don’t understand) that we are losing out on a lot of our “targets”and I’m not sure why? We have Wonderful facilities, great coaches, great record over the last 5+ years. Just concerned that this may be a bad sign of things to come. I sure hope not.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Keep waiting for some good recruiting news

Jul 25, 2018, 5:54 PM

With the likely combination of size and potential talent 2020 has the potential to be our best class ever.

Jul 25, 2018, 5:57 PM

I'm hearing that too Xeno, got a buddy who is a member of Tiger illustrated and the talk on there seems to be this year is a depth building class and next year's will be star studded.

Jul 25, 2018, 6:04 PM

If/when we get DJ Uiagalelei, especially if he has a timeline similar to TL, that could give us a major leg up on recruiting other guys. He could start working on guys like Julian Fleming and my personal 2020 man crush Justin Flowe, who's supposed to have interest but will be a tough pull probably; we're more likely to wind up with Sergio Allen who's really good too, but Flowe could be Ray Lewis on the field.

Jul 25, 2018, 6:22 PM

Sergio Allen has already been projected by Paul Strelow

Jul 25, 2018, 6:24 PM

Saw that as well and Strelow has a great track record. It will be a very nice piece to start the class with. However, we need a bell cow to start the class and I’m hoping that it is DJ.

Jul 25, 2018, 6:27 PM

Capehart started the class and is legit.

Jul 25, 2018, 6:29 PM

Touché... he is also a legit talent on the same level as Allen so in that regard yes he got us started and especially at a position of need.

Guess what I meant is that guy who is the clearcut ring leader, especially at QB that recruits know can win a natty and DJ is that guy. Seems like we lead but distance worries me.

Jul 25, 2018, 5:54 PM

We're not cutting checks like some of the other schools are....lol. We gonna be ok. Clemson ALWAYS coaches up the talent regardless so as long as the product on the field is good we ok.

That is literally the most moronic post I've ever seen on this site since 2003

Jul 25, 2018, 5:55 PM

And believe me buddy I've seen some doozies

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: That is literally the most moronic post I've ever seen on this site since 2003

Jul 25, 2018, 5:58 PM

Might be getting some as soon as tomorrow

Re: That is literally the most moronic post I've ever seen on this site since 2003

Jul 25, 2018, 6:02 PM [ in reply to That is literally the most moronic post I've ever seen on this site since 2003 ]

Please explain why my questions were moronic? The fact is this hasn’t been a stellar recruiting season so far, no denying that. I suspect my comments make you uncomfortable but you aren’t willing voice concern. If I’m a moron then hey, so be it. BTW, we’re on the same side, lighten up!

Jul 25, 2018, 6:09 PM

I wish I could say this post was moronic but I can’t. Anyone that can’t recogize this recruiting class is below average for the standard we have set is blind or naive. It has some ok pieces but we have flat missed on a lot of guys this cycle. Couple that with a down cycle and it has hurt.
Good news is that 2020 could be huge with talent and numbers. The bad thing is due to this class it has to be and not a hope to be. I do think 2020 will be great for us so it won’t be an issue we just have to close. Final point this class isn’t all bad so there are some pieces, just a lot of projects and developmental guys that may only contribute 3 years down the road which is dangerous when we have had back to back small classes.

Jul 25, 2018, 6:22 PM

We still got a top 10 class tho right? I'm not exactly thrilled with some we've missed on already but we got plenty of time to lock down others. We shall see...

I 've seen more moronic posts......

Jul 25, 2018, 6:17 PM [ in reply to Re: That is literally the most moronic post I've ever seen on this site since 2003 ]

But we aren't on the same side. I smell chicken. Looking at your percentage and the words your typing. Try to fool someone else.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

deer concerned in chesnee...

Jul 25, 2018, 8:02 PM [ in reply to Re: That is literally the most moronic post I've ever seen on this site since 2003 ]

the class you speak of, for clemson, is a top 10 class. funny you didn’t notice, nor respond, to the obvious good and knowledgeable poasters above discussing 2020 - btw, which will be another top 10 class, if not top 3. so, hope this answers a question to clearly a c0cklover.

#tryharder

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Jul 25, 2018, 6:30 PM

I defer to the coaching staff to decide whether or not to be down about the 2019 class. They seem alright with it thus far , so so am I .
I won't get too emotionally unstable until something really bad happens . Which never seems to happen at Clemson anymore ... not since this Dabo fella showed up and started winning championships.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 25, 2018, 6:43 PM

Guessing you don’t have a lot of experience in management. No coach/manager is going to say they are disappointed in their workers or in this case players.

That doesn’t mean you can’t look at a situation and honestly talk about what is going on. We lose a large number of players after this year, and due to small class sizes we don’t have a lot of depth at several positions (CB, Safety, OL, RB to name a few) starting in 2019. The problem with this class is name me the studs that can add depth as freshman. Who are the TLaws, XT, kJ, McMichael, Goodrich, DK, etc? The 2019 class has a few but mostly a lot of projects and depth fillers which is ok if your last 2 classes combined barely equal a full class.

It means 2020 is a must to fill with immediate impact players who are ready to contribute on the 2 deep. Could be no problem if no injuries occurn and Trevor can go all Deshaun and beat people by willing the team. However, to say there is no concern because Dabo said so is a bit naive.

Jul 25, 2018, 7:11 PM

I've been a tugboat captain for 20 years , that's about as managerial as it gets in my book .
I come from the old school of training I guess .. I believe in letting people know where I stand and where we as a team stand . Lends itself to limiting further damage and correcting the current problem should there be one . I don't see where our current class is as bad as some would have us believe ... because I trust what this staff can do ... based on outstanding results .
Dabo and I are the same age and from loosely the same upbringing ... I would hedge a bet that if he were worried or disappointed about the 2019 class he would say it . Think BV would too .

Message was edited by: Tigerdug23®

DB23

Jul 25, 2018, 7:22 PM

Well I am younger but manage a full team and never once have said in public the team wasn’t where I wanted it or that I feel like I missed on my top target and had to settle for the next best engineer.

Not sure if Dabo would say it or not, but he is an eternal optimist so probably no. However, I don’t feel like him saying something or not negates the points I made about small class sizes and depth concerns. Reality we are getting guys that will need development time and due to small classes we aren’t afforded that luxury. This means 2 things due to his class, we can not afford an injury and several key positions the following year and we absolutely need first year contributors to commit in 2020 class. It’s not a doom and gloom we go 3 and whatever while losing to the Citadel but also doesn’t mean we can be have an Alabama team like last year and have several key injuries and not miss a beat. Ideally we have talent and ready made depth but this class puts a few years behind after this year.

Jul 25, 2018, 7:29 PM

That's a fair point, we'll just have to wait and see how it shakes out in 2020 and further on .
Where are we ranked right now by the national pundits in our 2019 cycle ? Should be a decent number . We were top 10 last weekend .
Somebody likes our mediocre class that doesn't address our depth issues and so forth .

DB23

Jul 26, 2018, 12:49 AM

I remember Danny Ford signing an unrecruited "2 star" at the last minute because he had a spot to fill and this kid actually looked pretty good, so what the heck... his name was Levon Kirkland.

When is the last time you’ve heard

Jul 25, 2018, 7:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Keep waiting for some good recruiting news ]

Any coach say their recruiting class wasn’t what they were hoping for? None worth their salt would ever say that because they’d get crucified on the recruiting trail by other coaches negatively recruiting using their own words.

Not me.

Jul 25, 2018, 7:31 PM

But that’s because I stay busy living my best life.

Good luck with your problems.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

might get some good news tomorrow***

Jul 25, 2018, 7:34 PM

I think speaking to any reasonable person

Jul 25, 2018, 7:34 PM

This class isn’t shaping up how we’re used to them shaping up recently and it’s perfectly fine to admit that. We’ve still got some good players on board and will be adding some more in the next few days.

Battle is not a huge miss for me as I think we’ll land Booth and I think he’s much better.

I think it’s about time to start worrying about the lines. DE we have plenty of depth so that’s not concerning but DT and all the high profile targets on the OL that we continually miss on is getting to be alarming.

Re: I think speaking to any reasonable person

Jul 25, 2018, 7:58 PM

I can see both sides of the argument. We still have several opportunities to enhance this class. The recruiting for both lines is of some concern, but the staff understands where we are at the moment. If in November we are still having this discussion I’ll be concerned.

For sure

Jul 25, 2018, 8:12 PM

If we get Ngata, Phillips, Bentley (all very likely IMO), Booth (still feel good about him), and Davis (don’t feel as good) people are talking about this class differently.

Unfortunately I don’t see a lot of big time OL targets still out there that I think we have a shot of landing. But like a lot of people will constantly tell you, OL is the hardest to evaluate so taking some lower ranked guys that we think will be good and letting them develop is okay there. Not ideal but just having somewhat capable bodies is better than not.

There's no reason to seriously get worried unless

Jul 25, 2018, 8:00 PM

this happens again next year. We can easily survive 1 down class.

Re: There's no reason to seriously get worried unless

Jul 25, 2018, 8:05 PM

The problem isn’t one down class. The problem is one lower class after 2 small classes. That situation stresses depth and puts 2020 as a must have class of talent and depth.

Re: There's no reason to seriously get worried unless

Jul 25, 2018, 8:21 PM

This is literally the definition of bitching to #####

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Lol***

Jul 25, 2018, 8:15 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 25, 2018, 8:27 PM

I’m surprised you get out of bed in the morning looking through a prism as miserable as that.

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic