Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
That Furman reliever is good.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,625

That Furman reliever is good.

Mar 5, 2019, 8:31 PM

9 innings, 7 K's, 1 hit.

We couldn't touch him.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That Furman reliever is good.

Mar 5, 2019, 8:34 PM

Indeed. We were the victim of some ugly swings on his off-speed pitches. He made Byrd fall. It’s really cold tonight though. I’m glad to see the pitching and defense perform well

Mar 5, 2019, 8:40 PM

Yes, they did what they had to do. Hope things warm up by Friday.

Mar 6, 2019, 9:09 AM [ in reply to Re: That Furman reliever is good. ]

We have had the same kind of swings against the few good pitchers we have seen this year. This team has a terrible approach at the plate. Wilkie is the only hitter willing to go the other way with pitches on the outside part of the plate. We take too many pitches down the middle and swing at pitches low and away with regularity. We are atrocious trying to hit the curveball.

Mar 6, 2019, 9:45 AM

Why are you so negative toward Clemson's baseball team?

I checked through some of your posts to make sure I was not falsely accusing you.

I'm pretty sure the nicest thing you have said about any baseball player is that Clark is good out of the pen but you don't think he can start.

Just curious.

Mar 6, 2019, 4:21 PM

Not negative,just call it like I see it and that rubs the Kool-Aid crowd the wrong way. I am seriously concerned about player development. I fail to see positive development from Byrd,Greene,Crawford,Hennessy,Davidson or Marr to name a few who have been here for at least three years under the current coaching staff. I also think Wilkie and Hackenburg have horrible mechanics behind the plate. I am a huge Clemson baseball fan and have been since graduating in 1972. I attend most games and really hope we will be successful under Lee. Now with him in his fourth year I believe we are looking at our weakest team since Leggett left. For the record,I am not one of the "Leggett lovers". He did a good job for a long time but it was time for him to go. I do think this freshman class is the most talented class Lee has brought in. I am just not sold on this staff as far as player development.

Mar 6, 2019, 5:34 PM

Wilkie, Meredith, majowski. About the only 3 willing to hit the other way. I believe monte will develop the players he has recruited. Leggett’s team we’re too small ball oriented. Monte’s teams seem to be too power/strikeout oriented. We need to find a middle ground there and I believe coach is trying to do that.

Mar 5, 2019, 9:26 PM

Would ya'll believe me if I told you I played ball with him on the same travel team for years... lol the glory days

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 5, 2019, 9:48 PM

What's he like? Looked like a serious dude.

Mar 5, 2019, 11:39 PM

Haven’t talked to him in a good couple years but he could have gone to a bigger school I think personally he obviously has the stuff. Really focused on academics as well so I guess Furman was a good fit for him bc aren’t they private which = bigger schollys

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 6, 2019, 7:15 AM

Furman's something like 60 grand a year but they do give bigger scholarships.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,625
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic