Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
START HUNTER JOHNSON!!!! Period.....the guy
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

START HUNTER JOHNSON!!!! Period.....the guy

Oct 15, 2017, 12:44 PM

is the most accurate passer and has the quickest release...plus he can run. Any other questions???

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: START HUNTER JOHNSON!!!! Period.....the guy

Oct 15, 2017, 12:51 PM

Yes, just one.Have you informed Dabo of your preference?

oh snowflake....seek help***

Oct 15, 2017, 1:05 PM

Oct 15, 2017, 2:19 PM [ in reply to Re: START HUNTER JOHNSON!!!! Period.....the guy ]

How dare you question Danny Ford...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What makes you think he has command of our entire playbook?

Oct 15, 2017, 12:55 PM

He's thrown 11 passes this season against three teams. Kent State, Louisville and Wake.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4239998/hunter-johnson

You want to Willie Corn the kid or what?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly*****

Oct 15, 2017, 12:57 PM

Ever heard the phrase next man up? Ever think that Clemson

Oct 15, 2017, 1:03 PM [ in reply to What makes you think he has command of our entire playbook? ]

staff designs the offensive plays around the QB that is in the game at the time? Do you ever think that the week of practice could be used to fine tune the skills of the #1 QB in the nation to give Clemson a chance to win. Yeah thought so.

There have been plenty of number 1 QB's in the nation...

Oct 15, 2017, 1:07 PM

out of high school that weren't ready. Remember Gunner Kiel from the state of Indiana? He had to transfer a few times I believe and wasn't good anywhere.

Do you play the market?

Oct 15, 2017, 1:17 PM [ in reply to Ever heard the phrase next man up? Ever think that Clemson ]

You seem to be good at speculation. You could clean up with that talent.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trust meeee....entire playbook was not used...but even 6

Oct 15, 2017, 1:04 PM [ in reply to What makes you think he has command of our entire playbook? ]

plays he could tap into would have been helpful.....lol lol..nice try

Re: Trust meeee....entire playbook was not used...but even 6

Oct 15, 2017, 1:09 PM

I think I only saw between 10-15 unique plays Friday, it's not like we're running the Packers offense with Mike McCarthy's three foot long play sheet.

What makes you think he doesn't have command of it?

Oct 15, 2017, 1:06 PM [ in reply to What makes you think he has command of our entire playbook? ]

For that matter, what makes you think that Bryant and Cooper have command of it?

It's not just about understanding the playbook, it is also about executing it. I don't care how much longer Cooper has been at Clemson, or how well he seems to understand the playbook in practice or film sessions, because that has not translated into production on the field.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

What happens if none of them are that great and we are just

waiting for the real deal TL next season?

Under Pressure

Oct 15, 2017, 1:15 PM [ in reply to What makes you think he doesn't have command of it? ]

Cooper seemed to ""PANIC"" and just sling the ball toward receivers on third down plays ??? Jeff Scott says Johnson is gaining / close to Cooper ?? ( I hope he's close enough to get a shot against Ga.Tech ) -- we will have to trust the coaches, but I / we fans want to ""see"" what Mr. Johnson can do under pressure ___ don't we ?????

I hope Bryant's healthy and we can

Oct 15, 2017, 1:25 PM

quit debating who our number two QB is

I have as much evidence as those who contradict me.

Oct 15, 2017, 1:19 PM [ in reply to What makes you think he doesn't have command of it? ]

I don't know what part of 'WE DON'T KNOW,' you don't get Mr Keller. HJ played against teams after our starters put them away. Neither of those three teams he played has much of a defense.

Is that your argument against him getting an opportunity to

Oct 15, 2017, 1:10 PM [ in reply to What makes you think he has command of our entire playbook? ]

see what he can do?

We'll never know what he's capable of if he doesn't get the chance.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, it's my caution against crying for a change and...

Oct 15, 2017, 1:22 PM

insisting our coaches are making a mistake by not bumping Johnson up on the depth chart. We can speculate all day but when the sun goes down it's all speculation.

He obviously needs the opportunity to show what he can do.

Oct 15, 2017, 1:24 PM

Don't think we can win with what we've seen from ZC. There just isn't a good logical argument for Johnson NOT getting a shot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is that your argument against him getting an opportunity to

Oct 15, 2017, 1:59 PM [ in reply to Is that your argument against him getting an opportunity to ]

you said it best

Just curious. What time you got on the release for all 3 QBs?

I'll hang up and listen.

Hunter Johnson 2.1..Bryant 3.5 and Cooper 5.5

Oct 15, 2017, 1:12 PM

you are welcome

Re: Hunter Johnson 2.1..Bryant 3.5 and Cooper 5.5

Oct 15, 2017, 1:31 PM

What plays are those on. All the same? Quick slants? 3 step drops?

2.1 sec Holy bejeebers! He has a quicker release than every QB in the NFL. Our coaches really don't have a clue.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/198375/quarterbacks-quicker-release-a-product-of-subpar-protection

Thanks.

Re: Hunter Johnson 2.1..Bryant 3.5 and Cooper 5.5

Oct 15, 2017, 1:48 PM [ in reply to Hunter Johnson 2.1..Bryant 3.5 and Cooper 5.5 ]

Good lord you’re a moron.

Oct 15, 2017, 1:23 PM

If Hunter were better than Cooper, he’d be playing. Thinking otherwise is just foolish and saying the coaches have some sort of loyalty to Cooper over winning.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2017, 2:16 PM

It just depends what we are playing for. If we are playing not to lose than I agree with what we did against Syracuse. If we are playing for a National Championship, than we better recognize quick that our offense has some severe limitations. You can see it in the play calling. I think HJ could possibly give us the balance you need to win. Look at how many true freshman QB's are playing around the country. How about UGA? Somebody just needs the gonads to make that call. Maybe the loss is a wake up call.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic