Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Another example of blatant media bias.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

Another example of blatant media bias.

Apr 15, 2021, 7:38 AM

Cue in the idiots that say, “this is no different than Fox News and OANN”

That’s the only two conservative media sources you can cite. Meanwhile CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NPR, PBS, Time Magazine, NYT, Washington Post are engaged in blatant propaganda. The democratic party’s mouth piece. And you all think it’s ok.... because 1 other conservative media company also does it.

https://twitter.com/drewholden360/status/1382477293797400581?s=21

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Another example of blatant media bias.

Apr 15, 2021, 7:39 AM

Wrong board, you dope!

Dope is a very harsh word

Apr 15, 2021, 7:53 AM

Moran is more socially acceptable

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Apr 15, 2021, 7:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Another example of blatant media bias. ]

It may be the wrong board but he isn’t a dope.....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 15, 2021, 8:08 AM

Yes and they all have more integrity and are all more reputable than Fox, Oan, Newsmax, and Infowars. Due to nutty conservative sources we had an insurrection at the Capitol and there billions in lawsuits.

Apr 15, 2021, 8:20 AM

Lmao a whopping 200 people stormed the capital. Meanwhile the other news outlets fanned the flames of racial discontent the summer before and gaslit the American people while radical liberals burned down private businesses and federal buildings to the tune of over 2 billion dollars. But Fox is bad.

Spoken like a true FOX News bot***

Apr 15, 2021, 8:22 AM

Re: Spoken like a true FOX News bot***

Apr 15, 2021, 8:28 AM

And you continue to speak like the liberal toggaf you are.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Okay princess. Run along

Apr 15, 2021, 9:35 AM

wannabe tough guy.

Apr 15, 2021, 8:29 AM [ in reply to Spoken like a true FOX News bot*** ]

Lmao. Spoken like the buffoon you are. Point to what I said that was false. Btw haven't watched fox in years. I'm not a Pub not a Dem. I call out the idiots on both sides. Mostly people like you

Apr 15, 2021, 8:31 AM [ in reply to Spoken like a true FOX News bot*** ]

Don’t watch Fox News. Try again

Apr 15, 2021, 8:35 AM

B b but Fox news. You'll find this type doesn't have anything intelligent to add. Quite ironic it called me a bot.

Right. Your take was truly enlightening. How do I be more

like you?

Re: Right. Your take was truly enlightening. How do I be more

Apr 15, 2021, 9:55 AM

My post was factual and true. Something you wouldn't understand. You love your whataboutisms though

It was more than 200 people

Apr 15, 2021, 10:20 AM

You lie through your teeth and call it facts, and then are condescending about it?

Rich. Real rich. I wouldn't expect any better though from someone who pretends they can't count to make a point.

Re: It was more than 200 people

Apr 15, 2021, 11:15 AM

You're right, it was just over 375 people now charged. Almost double what I said, but not the thousands upon thousands of leftists that destroyed american cities over the summer. I'll admit when I'm wrong though.

Apr 15, 2021, 8:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Another example of blatant media bias. ]

Carlsbad® said:

Yes and they all have more integrity and are all more reputable than Fox, Oan, Newsmax, and Infowars. Due to nutty conservative sources we had an insurrection at the Capitol and there billions in lawsuits.

On Fox News I will give you Hannity and Laura Ingraham. What other shows on Fox News do you think are blatantly biased? I don’t watch Fox News anymore. I did a few years ago and I thought their daytime programming was pretty balanced. People on the network that hated trump had their own shows. And most shows always had a Democrat voice.

And comparing OANN, Newsmax, and infowars to the likes of msnbc, NYT, Washington Post, cnn, time magazine, etc is so idiotic I shouldn’t even comment. Where does one watch OAN, Newsmax, or infowars? Are they on cable?

So 90% of the media is democrat propaganda. And you have to comment on the other 10% that nobody watches (aside from Fox News)

Apr 15, 2021, 8:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Another example of blatant media bias. ]

Carlsbad® said:

On Fox News I will give you Hannity and Laura Ingraham. What other shows on Fox News do you think are blatantly biased? I don’t watch Fox News anymore. I did a few years ago and I thought their daytime programming was pretty balanced. People on the network that hated trump had their own shows. And most shows always had a Democrat voice.

And comparing OANN, Newsmax, and infowars to the likes of msnbc, NYT, Washington Post, cnn, time magazine, etc is so idiotic I shouldn’t even comment. Where does one watch OAN, Newsmax, or infowars? Are they on cable?

So 90% of the media is democrat propaganda. And you have to comment on the other 10% that nobody watches (aside from Fox News)

“More integrity” and “more reputable” because YOU agree with them.

Apr 15, 2021, 8:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Another example of blatant media bias. ]

That’s how it works. Got it.

Re: “More integrity” and “more reputable” because YOU agree with them.

Apr 15, 2021, 8:56 AM

That’s not what I said bozo. What programming do you think at Fox News is blatantly biased aside from hannity and Ingraham?

Now go back to your hole and cry about brownell more.

My reply was to Carlsbad, and I actually agreed with you on this topic.

Apr 15, 2021, 10:26 AM

Maybe you should try reading first, instead of immediately jumping to call people names?

Also- not sure what Brownell has to do with this. (strange fascination you have there)

haha...and there's your point made brilliantly by carlsbad

Apr 15, 2021, 9:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Another example of blatant media bias. ]

what i've learned through all this political drama for the last 10 years is...no one cares about the truth or the right thing or whats best for the country. We are all just tribal and will stick with our side no matter if its poison. Americans now are so arrogantly selfish that common sense has just eroded away because you just can't stomach that maybe your news peddler of choice might be in it for the click bait money instead of informing and possibly helping. All of major "news" of today i believe is simply created by inflammatory sensationalism and we've just all accepted it.

I've seen enough garbage and spin on all these news networks to know its all just a game and anyone who says any of them have integrity is just another game piece.

Lol..bull. every protest turned riot for the last

Apr 15, 2021, 9:45 AM [ in reply to Re: Another example of blatant media bias. ]

Year can be blamed on the media.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Apr 15, 2021, 9:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Another example of blatant media bias. ]

Now that's a joke and completely false, and biased.

Apr 15, 2021, 10:03 AM

My reply was intended for Carlsbad.

Apr 15, 2021, 8:48 AM

You notice how the only replies from leftists are whataboutisms? Not one rebuttal or factual response. Telling isn't it

Unfortunately, media bias has existed for a long, long

Apr 15, 2021, 9:20 AM

time. Even though I was far too young to know why, I can still remember that my dad would only watch Walter Cronkite's news program. He always referred to the other two competing channels as having "#### liberal Democrat" newsmen. I remember "The Huntley-Brinkley Report" as one competitor, can't recall the other one.

(Yes, there were only THREE channels back then. ABC, NBC, and CBS. Satellite TV did not exist, no FOX Network, and no one anywhere around us had an antenna that was geared to pick up those other "strange" UHF channels.) :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 15, 2021, 9:31 AM

People have a complete misunderstanding of how the media operates. None of those entities are the "mouth piece" of the Democratic Party. They are simply tailoring their news to the people that consume their content. That is the smart business strategy, and these are multi-billion dollar businesses after all. Take Fox as an example, if they started criticizing the Republican Party they would lose their viewers, and their revenue. Likewise, if MSBNC criticized the Democratic Party they would lose their viewers as well, and their revenue. These institutions know who watches their shows, so they adapt their content for their viewers, in order to raise their profits.

Of course the media is biased. That is the most successful business model. They want to report what their viewers will watch. They are biased because the American public is biased. They sew division and hate because the American public loves watching division and hate. Fox News was the first media corporation to use that model, and they were very successful. That's why Fox News's viewership dwarfs all the other outlets. Just look at what happened with Fox started reporting that the election was not rigged. They lost viewers to Newsmax and OANN. Their viewers didn't want to hear the truth, they wanted to hear how evil the Democrats were. That is the model that made Fox News so successful. The other media outlets saw their profits and decided to adopt the same model.

Apr 15, 2021, 10:01 AM

Not true at all. Those news companies blatantly lie and manipulate stories for political gain. The coverage of the Covington catholic kids is the perfect example. That one kid is filthy rich now because of it. They would actually be more profitable if they leaned more right. It's not about profit for them anymore. It's about getting what they want and many of them work hand in hand with democratic operatives. CNN had a producer give Hillary the questions she was going to asked ahead of time so she could prepare for them.

Apr 15, 2021, 10:38 AM

You know, I get the questions with my local media outlet (Sinclair) ahead of time before I do an interview. That is about as basic of an item as you get. Everyone tends to get questions ahead of time unless they are just stopping folks on the street. Does this make the media skewed to non-profit libertarian community workers? I guarantee that every candidate get the questions ahead of time.

Like the communist says (and communist have great critiques, horrible solutions) is that media companies are echo chambers to their own audience and ad revenue sources. Mainstream media is an echo chamber to the.... ummm mainstream while paying careful attending to whichever entity is paying their ad space. Leaning or bent media skews to their respective audience and then use that to market their audience to specific companies trying to do targeted marketing to whatever cohort that might be within the submarket. Don't be deluded, media "lean" is a business decision. If all media leaned right, it would cause what, 5-6 main media organizations to compete with the same 3-% of the total population so they would only be splitting the US adult population of about 200,000,000 down to 30% -IDs as conservative or about 60 million adults 5-6 ways, thus a viewing maximum of about 10 million if equal share. Really, it is better for all media to "pick a lane" and with "mainstream media" you have Fox on one side, MSNBC on the other and everyone "inbetween" you are then making a "rainbow" market split of that 200,000,000 adult population. SO everyone get about 60 mil potentially... since conservatives, indy/moderates, and liberals all basically split out to about 30% of the population with 10% libertarians, communist, greens coots, and other making the remainder. Of course this also assumes that folks tune into tv/cable tv and that in and of itself starts funneling down the audience. Ahh, market analysis is awesome.

Apr 15, 2021, 10:51 AM

It's weird that most adults don't understand this. They actually believe that there is some evil plot to destroy America by turning us into the new Soviet Union, when in reality, these are just multi-billion dollar corporations that are trying to make money. They are simply tailoring their content to their viewers because that is what keeps their eyes glued to the TV, which allows them to run more ads. Why would MSNBC try and be balanced? Right-wing people don't watch their shows. Why would Fox News try and be balanced when left-wing people don't watch their shows? The media outlets are simply businesses that are trying to make money. That's it. I swear it's frustrating watching adults delude their minds into conspiracy thinking. Stop being a child.

Apr 15, 2021, 11:19 AM [ in reply to Re: Another example of blatant media bias. ]

No they don't give questions ahead of time during election cycles. It was a big deal when it was found out. You actually think any of the news outlets have Trump a copy of what questions they were going to ask ahead of time? Show me

There's a reason they were forced to fire her once it was leaked

Apr 15, 2021, 11:26 AM

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/donna-brazile-leaves-cnn/

Apr 15, 2021, 10:43 AM [ in reply to Re: Another example of blatant media bias. ]

Ahhh, yes, I'm sure the board of directors no longer care about raising their profits. You are so right, CEOs stop caring about profits these days. I forgot that I read an article about that on the Onion.

The media is biased. Shocker. Either way this is

Good news if they can pull it off.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Apr 15, 2021, 10:07 AM

‘That’s the only two conservative media sources you can cite.”

Why would anyone who doesn’t give a #### about right-wing propaganda media companies be able to name a large number of them? I don’t give a #### about the football programs at South Carolina or Georgia and consequently can’t come up with the name of their websites off of the top of my head.
You guys think that every media outlet that doesn’t absolutely fawn over trump is biased; grow up. There are certainly biased outlets like CNN and MSNBC, but beeching every time some middle of the road outlet says something you don’t like and claiming bias makes you look like a bunch of crybabies.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What is this have to do with Clemson sports?

Apr 15, 2021, 10:14 AM

Keep your political rants confined to Facebook please

Not Clemson football.

Apr 15, 2021, 10:16 AM

Take your idiocratic blowhard sheep drivel over to the P&R Board where it belongs.

TIA in advance.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To be fair, assuming you don’t get your news from Twitter,

Apr 15, 2021, 11:08 AM

CNN’s article about Biden’s announcement also discussed the same concerns that were discussed when Trump announced pulling troops out. They didn’t ignore them just because it was Biden announcing it, they highlighted many of those same concerns.

I remember plenty of news when Trump wanted to exit Afghan

Apr 15, 2021, 1:02 PM

Most folks supported this. Military advisers advised against it. How is that so different from this week's news?

Trump wanted a May 1st exit. Biden extended it to later this year.

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic