Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A slightly different perspective...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,259

A slightly different perspective...

Jan 14, 2016, 3:07 PM

Great, great season for Clemson fans. Given what Dabo has built I think we will be in the NC discussion for years to come now. O and D Line play in the game was just outstanding, and of course, DW4 was just his usual awesome self.

And while the loss was disappointing, I take some solace in this revelation. We had the darlings of ESecPN, the 33rd NFL team, the all mighty Tide and their whole RTR nation, scared. Scared bad. Scared enough that they needed a trick play to beat us.

They didn't line up and steam roll us. They didn't grind us down. They didn't wear us out. They didn't out skill us with a never ending stream of super humans. And at the end of the game, when the "experts" said they would "take over" with brute physical strength and depth and mystic mojo and so much hoodoo, they knew they STILL couldn't beat us straight up so they dug into their bag of tricks to find any edge they could. And that's ok. It's how they game is played. We've needed a spark like that ourselves in games.

But what it shows is that we went toe-to-toe, head-to-head, face-to-face with the the "Dynasty", on the biggest stage in the land, with the nation watching, and came within a play of victory. Even with all they had, even falling to their ploys, we still had a chance. A good chance. We are now elite. We are the equal to the best. We put fear in them, matched them strength for strength, and they were lucky to escape with a victory.

We are there, friends, we are there. And we will be for a long, long time.
Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so you saying we had a moral victory?

Jan 14, 2016, 3:09 PM

I hate moral victories.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: so you saying we had a moral victory?

Jan 14, 2016, 3:15 PM

No I didn't read anywhere in there of a moral victory. I did read a man that laid out clear, irrefutable facts. I take no joy In any loss but there is plenty of reasons for hope and believe we're are as good as, can play with and can beat ANYONE! Period! Go Tigers!

Jan 14, 2016, 3:16 PM [ in reply to so you saying we had a moral victory? ]

But Fordtunateson makes some good points. Just think about the debacle in 2008 against Alabama. We couldn't run AND we couldn't pass. I think our only touch down was a punt or kickoff return. When I attended CU back in the day, the Tide beat the Tigers by about 50 points. I do believe Clemson will win a Natty before too long.

It's got nothing to do with moral victories

Jan 14, 2016, 3:18 PM [ in reply to so you saying we had a moral victory? ]

Clemson is the best damm team in the country and I want them to take the field down on the plains next September believing that. Under Saban Alabama has missed out on maybe 3 other national titles because of bad luck but I am sure he had his team believing that they were still the best regardless of a bad bounce (even if that bad bounce cost a natty).It's not about one game or one year. You go back out more focused than before knowing you're the best and you beat your way to a title. This game was just the beginning.

No, but we're pre-season #1 by numerous accounts...

Jan 14, 2016, 3:18 PM [ in reply to so you saying we had a moral victory? ]

They "big played" us in the 4th... Won't happen again. That's the "moral" to the story (not victory).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2016, 3:34 PM [ in reply to so you saying we had a moral victory? ]

So do I but, we made Alabama look beatable, like mere mortals.

But we already knew we could beat them, this game

Jan 14, 2016, 3:59 PM

didn't change my opinion that our team is for real.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It will be tough to return to the NCG immediately...

Jan 14, 2016, 3:40 PM

...there are a lot of teams that Clemson beat this year that will be seeking some nasty revenge next year...FSU being tops on that list.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,259
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic