Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So when should I buy a pair of tickets
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

So when should I buy a pair of tickets

Jan 2, 2017, 5:30 PM

Now, in case prices go up?

Wait for Wednesday or Thursday when I hear student tickets get released and prices may drop?

Just before game day?

At the stadium?

I would hope to either save a little or get better seats good the $$.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So when should I buy a pair of tickets

Jan 2, 2017, 5:34 PM

I am waiting and trying to buy one at the stadium

I just would be a little nervous

Jan 2, 2017, 5:40 PM

Too many others would do the same. At face value starting at $450, will we be able to save enough to justify the chance?
Do you do this often? Do you go with the guy to the gate to make sure they are legit?

Re: I just would be a little nervous

Jan 2, 2017, 5:54 PM

I've done it for many years and have never sat outside a stadium and missed a game. Did it in Glendale last year. I normally try to look for actual Clemson fans rather then scalpers to buy from, prices are usually a lot more reasonable that way too. I don't have $800 to spend on a ticket. Everyone can freak themselves out and convince others that prices won't drop but I'm not buying it. I expect to find a ticket before the game. Not sure of what price I'm hoping for but I just don't think this $800 per ticket will last all the way to Monday night

Jan 2, 2017, 6:33 PM

Totally agree. The people pressing others to buy now are the ones hoping to keep prices high because they're selling. Be patient friends. I bought four last year for $200 each in the endzone two days before the game. I don't expect them to go that low but they will drop if people don't panic.

What was face value last year?***

Jan 2, 2017, 6:40 PM

Jan 2, 2017, 5:57 PM [ in reply to I just would be a little nervous ]

Others might do the same but there is always circumstances that come up and a good ole Clemson fan will end up having an extra ticket because his granddaughter got sick or whatever else. I've seen it all. And they just want to get some money for the ticket and go enjoy the rest of the tailgate or go in the game. I guess I'm just confident because I've done it so many times before. But if I were to stoop down and buy from a scalper, I'd have it checked by someone first to make sure it's legit most definitely

Jan 2, 2017, 6:04 PM

My nephew bought 3 last week in Glendale for $70 each.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2017, 5:42 PM [ in reply to Re: So when should I buy a pair of tickets ]

Well for the Fiesta I waited and kept looking on stub hub. NEver really felt like making the drive from Cali but was thinking about it.

On Tuesday or Wednesday before the game, I found a 2 tix on lower level about 30 yard line Clemson side for 152 a piece. A week earlier those tix were about 350 a piece. I did not pull the trigger and the next day, those 152 tix were gone and the prices in lower sections rose back up to 300 or more. There wee plenty of tix in lower section around 152 and 175. I just hesitated. I'm glad I watched from the local pub where I've enjoyed every victory this year.

So if the Natty follows that, the tix may go down around Tuesday but may jump back up significantly.

Go Tigers

Jan 2, 2017, 6:02 PM [ in reply to Re: So when should I buy a pair of tickets ]

Me too

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Student Tickets

Jan 2, 2017, 5:48 PM

If I understand correctly student tickets wont have any affect. As far as I know there are only 500 tickets available to students. These 500 are paid for by Taco Bell and free to the students. The catch is students have to pay $550 to enter the lottery for the free tickets and once they get their ticket in Tampa the money will be put back into their bank accounts. Any student winning a free ticket who doesn't show up to Tampa will not have their money refunded. If you are not one of the 500 chosen in the lottery then you will get a refund Wednesday night. Last year in Phoenix when a student got their free ticket they had to go in the gate right then. no selling or giving them to someone else. Last year there was 500 available to purchase for students at face value, doesn't look like that is the case this year.

Thanks for good info***

Jan 2, 2017, 6:24 PM

Jan 2, 2017, 6:00 PM

I've been wondering the same thing. I don't expect a great deal either way but I do think prices eventually go down. It's nerve racking to wait until just before the game but I've always paid less doing it that way. Nobody wants to walk into a stadium with an unused tix in their hand.

It's certainly possible to buy tickets outside the stadium

Jan 2, 2017, 6:01 PM

But I do not expect many to be available since the game is between Clemson and Alabama. Both fan bases are predominantly located within a reasonable drive of Tampa, and both teams' fans travel well.

Waiting until you get to the game means dealing with the stress of looking for a ticket, possibly overpaying for a ticket (even more than they are now), buying a counterfeit ticket, or not finding a ticket at all. I personally wouldn't want to make a trip and pay for lodging and not have at ticket - too stressful and too many things can go wrong. But that's just me.

I would keep watching online for tickets, just to see if prices drop some over the next few days. If not, I would buy what I know to be an authentic ticket on StubHub before heading down to Tampa.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

there are Clemson folk all over headed south - this will not

Jan 2, 2017, 6:07 PM

be a easy ticket. is what it is.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree. People comparing it to last year are comparing

Jan 2, 2017, 6:14 PM

apples and oranges.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I agree. People comparing it to last year are comparing

Jan 2, 2017, 6:40 PM

Correct, and people comparing it to other games they've gotten tickets outside the stadium for is also apples to oranges.

No way I'm trusting handing $500 to a person outside unless he walks me in the gate. Will they even let them sell tickets that close to the stadium? I don't recall seeing any in Phoenix, but then again I wasn't looking.

This ain't an FSU game though. It's a while different level.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree. People comparing it to last year are comparing

Jan 2, 2017, 6:44 PM [ in reply to I agree. People comparing it to last year are comparing ]

No comparison to last year. I had some extra tickets thru IPTAY (my brother and his family had to bail) and I sweated getting rid of them. Almost got stuck with them.

This year, I've had more than a dozen folks already call/text looking for tickets. I have talked to four other groups that have booked hotels, airfare, etc. and don't have tickets, but plan to find them prior to the game.

The demand on this one is >>> than the supply I'm afraid...

This post convinced me to not wait until the game***

Jan 2, 2017, 7:15 PM

I don't expect them to go much higher

Jan 2, 2017, 6:44 PM

most people cannot afford to pay $4000 for a pair of tickets. Demand will fall if prices are too high.

At the current prices, I don't see that there is much risk in waiting to see if they come down.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the scary thing is - stadium only holds 65,000***

Jan 2, 2017, 7:23 PM

Re: the scary thing is - stadium only holds 65,000***

Jan 2, 2017, 7:32 PM

Small stadium and not many extra tickets equals a higher price, unless you get lucky!

Jan 2, 2017, 7:18 PM

My uncle has never bought bowl tickets in advance. He always sits lower bowl between the 40's where I get tickets early and sit in upper deck or end zone

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

this game is a whole different animal

Jan 2, 2017, 7:21 PM

no precedent for this one, except maybe the 1981 Orange Bowl.

Jan 2, 2017, 9:24 PM [ in reply to Re: So when should I buy a pair of tickets ]

Tell him to take a generator and a tv to watch it in the parking lot. This ain't a normal bowl game or playoff game. It's also not on the other side of the country. Ticket demand is thru the roof.

Jan 2, 2017, 7:26 PM

Not sweating. I'll get mine day of.

You seem confident. What's your

Jan 2, 2017, 7:30 PM

best wild guess at what you will pay day of?

Looking for the follow up on this one /\ /\***

Jan 3, 2017, 8:17 AM [ in reply to Re: So when should I buy a pair of tickets ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Jan 2, 2017, 8:45 PM

You will likely be buying a fake at the game. It is worth paying a few dollars more to insure that your ticket is authentic.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic