Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Should Texas A&M move up in rankings
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,641

Should Texas A&M move up in rankings

Sep 8, 2019, 12:20 AM

You know, because they played the number 1 team and hung in there with us. (using Herbstreit logic)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good question, ask Kirk Herbalstreeter as he seems to be full

Sep 8, 2019, 12:25 AM

of pretty silly thoughts on rankings tonight. They are maybe 18-20 at best. BUT, as SEC members and the wonderful excuses they make, then they will move into top 10 after a moral win over Clemson who got lucky to win. ?????

I'm not anti Herbstreit or anything

Sep 8, 2019, 12:30 AM

But when he suggested UGA should move up after a close loss to Bama, he lost credibility with me. Granted today's game wasn't that close and I was making a pun, but still, if we had won in overtime by a field goal, I know there would be talk about it. I'm so sick of the SEC bias.

You and me both. Actually I feel terrible for Alabama as they are

Sep 8, 2019, 12:36 AM

the reason anyone even thinks the SEC is great. Yes they have some good teams, but Alabama carries the mantle for all those SEC homers... it’s sad really, if you can’t win join the best team and chant conference affiliation. Anyway, glad the Tigers handles business today and did not have to show much to get it which is even more impressive.

Wait for our Tigers to get rolling and whomever is in the way will get rolled. Next week I think Clemson crushes Syracuse, my thought is a 59-17 W ????

Re: Should Texas A&M move up in rankings

Sep 8, 2019, 12:32 AM

Probably, I mean my garbage can is pretty rank sitting out in the Texas sun, but all I can smell right now is rotting Aggie carcasses.

Sep 8, 2019, 12:47 AM

I don't totally disagree with "herbstreit logic" but Heck no we aren't moving up in rankings. Our defense looked good but y'all's offense wasn't clicking on all cylinders AT ALL. Our offense looked like a bunch of freshmen backups who never thought they would play and end up getting thrust into a game where they are scared that the big bad tiger defenders were gonna hurt them. We drop a few spots.

Sep 8, 2019, 2:52 AM

I hope this is not taken the wrong way, but I do agree with the prevailing thought that the ACC is a very weak Conference right now. Going into this year the majority of people would think Syracuse was the second best ACC team. Right now it looks like the Tarheels are. In the SEC Bama, UGA, LSU, and TA&M all look better than any ACC team except Clemson. I do not see any ACC team that I fear Clemson might get beaten by. That is not saying that another ACC team could not surprise me, because no team is unbeatable. UNC will likely be ranked in the next poll which will be helpful in the SOS. We have a decent chance at repeating, but let's not make the mistake Bama made last year by thinking we should go ahead and engrave the trophy. There are a lot of games yet to play, and even the most talented team will only go the distance if they put in the work.

It's college football in general...

Sep 8, 2019, 7:07 AM

There's such a chasm between the top teams and the rest. Coupled with programs wanting immediate success, the tenure at most schools is remarkably brief. Can you imagine a Coach K or Beamer trying to start their careers now? Look at Dabo...had TDP not been the AD, would he still be here...would the last ten years ever have materialized?

Listen to a lot of these coaches and then ask yourself why the programs should be better than they are? With few exceptions, they're not comfortable in their own skin...rather, they're more like politicians trying to do what it takes to stay in office...but they lack the 'snake oil' skills of politicians. Honestly, I'm a bit embarrassed when I hear some of these guys speak...it's cringe-worthy.

Did many of you see the shenanigans by the LSWho players during warm-ups? Would you be a proud fan if that's how your school was represented? Does anyone think Dabo or Venables wouldn't have planted those players butts on the bench in a nano-second? Wouldn't you want them to?

I get that a lot of 4 and 5-star players like attention. I also know that not all such players like the spotlight, or being the big fish in a little pond. They know they're blessed with remarkably physical traits and skills, but they also want to be teenagers and want a life experience. Dabo's figured that out...and Clemson is better for it. Far too many coaches and universities haven't...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not with that sec offense and all those cramps ***

Sep 8, 2019, 7:11 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,641
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic