Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Shocking!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 3,781

Shocking!

Jan 29, 2021, 4:28 PM

Notre Dame is returning to football as an independent school. Who could have seen that coming? :)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That was always the intent...

Jan 29, 2021, 4:38 PM

The Bee Bee Heads have made it abundantly clear over the years that they fully intent to remain an independent in football, and that is not going to change as long as the CFP continues to kiss their a$$ and give them preferential treatment/consideration.

Frankly, the ACC should have told Notre Dame before the 2020 season that they're are either all in in all sports, or they can go pi$$-up a rope.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: That was always the intent...

Jan 29, 2021, 4:47 PM

Totally baffles me that even as weak as swoftie is, that the acc didn't insist. They had zero football if they'd said no... And the alum would have buried them and insisted they join.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I just think Swofford is paid millions to NOT be emotional

Jan 29, 2021, 4:53 PM

Two things that I think would not have benefitted the ACC:

1) Flipping Notre Dame the bird and saying "Hey, you were the ones that didn't want to be full members, so sucks to be you."

2) Saying that they could join but only as a full-time, ongoing member.

Notre Dame isn't going to find a conference home because a pandemic forced their hand and a conference forced them to join all-in. And they aren't going to join the conference that flips them the bird. I'm all about these emotional "Tell them to go pound sand" responses. That's my prerogative as a fan. The brass gets paid a lot to think long term.

If ND does decide at some point to join a conference, it can't be through extorsion. It has to be "win-win" and mutually agreed-upon.

null

I might agree if....

Jan 29, 2021, 5:20 PM

Notre Dame had any real intention of EVER joining a conference in all sports.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: That was always the intent...

Jan 29, 2021, 9:39 PM [ in reply to Re: That was always the intent... ]

Swofford has nothing to do with this.

exactly.***

Jan 29, 2021, 4:56 PM [ in reply to That was always the intent... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like a classy way to treat an ACC school

Jan 29, 2021, 10:01 PM [ in reply to That was always the intent... ]

that is a conference member in everything but football.

I’d love for them to be in the ACC in football too, but it’s not as simple as giving them an ultimatum. When/if they decide to join a conference for football, I’m sure the ACC will be their top choice and the conference can decide then if it is still interested in the Irish.

Let’s be honest, ND brings way more to the table than the other crappy options I see mentioned here regularly like East Carolina, West Virginia, Navy, Cincinnati, etc.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

They know that when the CFP expands to 8 teams

Jan 29, 2021, 5:00 PM

They have a far better chance of getting in as at at large team than ACC champs. They’re just taking the low road

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Shocking!

Jan 29, 2021, 5:24 PM

Money talks and they don’t want to share

Jan 29, 2021, 5:30 PM

Yep, they told Swofford after we beat the brakes off them in the ACCCG to suck off. That as an independent, they could choose the team that will play, and that Clemson wouldn't be one of those team to often!!! That the only way they can beat Clemson, is if we take out the starting QB, and several other key players, and for him and the new commish to never ask them to join the acc ever again!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 29, 2021, 5:44 PM

And the day will come when they want to join....That is when we tell them to go to heck....

ND should NEVER be allowed to play in ACC title game again!

Jan 29, 2021, 6:42 PM

So very glad we put them in their place in Charlotte.

Let’s dont get in a position of ever having to do that again.

Re: ND should NEVER be allowed to play in ACC title game again!

Jan 29, 2021, 8:29 PM

I won't miss them at all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 29, 2021, 9:38 PM

Shocking! There have been over 2.2 deaths for the awful plague COVID 19 worldwide and 436,257 deaths in the US. Hopefully by the football season starts, we will be back to some kind of normal which includes schedules as we knew them before.

Jan 30, 2021, 1:00 AM

Shocking and shortsighted.

They are letting their past and their ego, errrr arrogance, get in the way of what’s actually best for them. They were more relevant this year than they have been in decades because of being in the ACC and playing Clemson twice!

Replies: 15
| visibility 3,781
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic