Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Running Backs
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Running Backs

Aug 10, 2015, 9:34 PM

Here's how I see it playing out this year:

Gallman is the lead dog (no surprise). Davidson spells Gallman sporadically at the start of the season unless/until any fumbling issues arise or someone else rises up the ranks (hint: keep reading).

The coaches hold Choice from action early on to give the other guys some reps and end up determining that he should redshirt this year to get fully healed (or Choice pulls a Blanks). Brooks comes in on rare possessions for his ability to catch the ball, but is limited due to his lack of size, and pass protection issues. Dye gets some early playing time to prove himself, but gets passed up by Fuller as the bigger back we need in short yardage due to fumbling issues and/or being outplayed by Fuller.

By mid-season, I see it as Gallman and Fuller with a sprinkling of Davidson to take advantage of his speed. If Choice doesn't redshirt, I suspect Fuller and Choice get rotated based on the hot hand and if the coaches are interested in trying any trickery with Choice's passing ability.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

According to Tony Elliott, Davidson is currently fourth in

Aug 10, 2015, 9:36 PM

the rotation. Still a lot of time left for him to move up, though.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

who is picking up the blocking schemes / or isn't

Aug 10, 2015, 9:39 PM

null

Gallman is handling it the best.

Aug 10, 2015, 9:44 PM

nm

Re: Gallman is handling it the best.

Aug 11, 2015, 7:14 AM

Hmmm? Gallman whiffed on numerous blocks last season. I'm not sure whether he has improved drastically and that is good news, or the other RB's are that bad, and that's bad news.

You can go back and look at our games from last season, and Gallman looked lost on some of his blocks if you think that he was really good at doing that. That's JMO, so maybe I'm wrong.

This /\/\/\***

Aug 10, 2015, 9:45 PM [ in reply to who is picking up the blocking schemes / or isn't ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: According to Tony Elliott, Davidson is currently fourth in

Aug 10, 2015, 9:44 PM [ in reply to According to Tony Elliott, Davidson is currently fourth in ]

I thought Fuller is currently 4th. Either way, everyone knew Howard didn't deserve to start but he still did early on last season. I think you see Fuller rise in the depth chart after the first two games. I suspect Dye and Fuller will play most of the second half of the first two games - along with Brooks.

Supposedly Fuller has looked great all summer.

Aug 10, 2015, 9:50 PM

nm

brooks was #1 until he got hurt, howard earned the start...

Aug 10, 2015, 11:24 PM [ in reply to Re: According to Tony Elliott, Davidson is currently fourth in ]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ou_6nweow8

because he knew what he was doing and would stick his nose in the defenders numbers. that's what the younger guys had to overcome and that's why elliott calls it out when talking about the rb competition happening now.

that block made that play happen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: brooks was #1 until he got hurt, howard earned the start...

Aug 10, 2015, 11:48 PM

Classic Clemson OL. 2 guys blocking absolutely nobody.

ehhh, zone blocking & 58 got hung up at top on the stunt.

Aug 10, 2015, 11:57 PM

gore needs to hit someone this year; he's got the tools.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Running Backs

Aug 11, 2015, 12:14 AM

I think Davidson and Brooks get kinda lost in the shuffle. Dye looked blistering fast in some chute drills recently. That size and speed is impressive. Same with Fuller. Gallman will get his fair share of carries as well. Choice looked good last season. Not sure where he fits in. I'm surprised we haven't heard rumors of any impending transfers. We're loaded at this position with good players. Then Feaster gets here and it sounds like everyone else will take a backseat to him. Good problem to have I guess.

Re: Running Backs

Aug 11, 2015, 7:19 AM

When Elliott was interviewed, it did not sound all that promising for Dye. It sounded to me like Dye was way down the list and still recovering from his injury. I think Dye could make a difference if he can manage to get healthy for a few games.

That, and he has not been able to hang onto the ball in

Aug 11, 2015, 8:13 AM

practice.

Re: Running Backs***

Aug 11, 2015, 12:46 AM

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic