Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
RIP Doak Campbell
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

RIP Doak Campbell

Jun 20, 2020, 10:03 AM

P

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: RIP Doak Campbell

Jun 20, 2020, 10:06 AM

Charlie Ward Feild at Bobby Bowden Stadium.

That's what the petition is calling for. I'm surprised they want Bobby's name associated with the stadium. He's a Southern Baptist so, in this PC word, that makes him a racist.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so what did Doak do?***

Jun 20, 2020, 10:07 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

never mind

Jun 20, 2020, 10:10 AM

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2020/06/former-florida-state-players-call-for-doak-campbell-stadium-to-be-renamed

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It doesn’t matter.

Jun 20, 2020, 2:21 PM [ in reply to so what did Doak do?*** ]

If the Reich Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda decides that a monument must be torn down or a facility must be renamed, thus it will be. I would advise you not to ask such thing... it could bring your loyalty into question.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It doesn’t matter.

Jun 20, 2020, 2:29 PM

^^^^^^ This guy gets it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Nazi reference is hysterically ironic...

Jun 21, 2020, 5:01 PM [ in reply to It doesn’t matter. ]

...given the fact that at least Germany had the decency not to honor the Third Reich after it fell.

Can you say the same for your ilk? Or are you still clinging onto your participation trophies?

I’m comparing the nazis to...

Jun 21, 2020, 9:31 PM

the meatheads that have been burning down and looting private businesses and indiscriminately tearing down statues regardless of the history behind them. That’s happening now, by the way. Who are you comparing the nazis to, genius?

Jun 20, 2020, 10:08 AM [ in reply to Re: RIP Doak Campbell ]

Need to work "reading library" in there somewhere because it will continue to be that for a few years thanks to Jimbo.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2020, 2:33 PM [ in reply to Re: RIP Doak Campbell ]

Bowden earned it, so I can not see how most FSU fans would be upset with this.

Jun 21, 2020, 4:03 PM

Bowden put FSU football on the path of national prominence and then he kept them there for a long long time .
Anyone who says that CBB shouldn't have a name on that stadium is out of their mind .
If it's gonna get a new name , his should be on it .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jun 20, 2020, 10:30 AM

As I have said several times before, just number the buildings so no one will be offended in the future. Just skip the number 666.

And number 13. Can't offend those with Triskaidekaphobia.

Jun 20, 2020, 11:25 AM

:(

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 21, 2020, 3:12 PM [ in reply to Re: RIP Doak Campbell ]

Have to go back and see who invented numbers and make sure their past was clean...

Rename it Jameis Winston Stadium

Jun 20, 2020, 12:07 PM

Crab legs for everyone!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Rename it Jameis Winston Stadium

Jun 20, 2020, 1:22 PM

Sponsored by Publix

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I still don’t care

Jun 20, 2020, 12:41 PM

Yawn

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I still don’t care

Jun 20, 2020, 12:52 PM

It's called lack of a backbone or skeered

You are crying over a stadium that doesn’t impact you?

Jun 20, 2020, 2:05 PM

Do I think changing name will change anything? No.
Do I care if they change name Or get mad about it? No.

So, when they get around to demanding...

Jun 20, 2020, 2:24 PM

that all statues and memorials of George Washington be destroyed and that the Jefferson Memorial be replaced with the George Floyd memorial, you won’t care... that won’t matter to you. Is that what you’re saying?

Yes cause he's a wacko lib

Jun 20, 2020, 7:51 PM

It's like a game he feels like he's winning.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude you worry more than my wife

Jun 20, 2020, 9:32 PM

Chill out.

Have they gotten that far?

Jun 20, 2020, 9:30 PM [ in reply to So, when they get around to demanding... ]

Are you fighting some future fiction by crying over the FSU football stadium naming rights?

No matter how many times the slippery slope fallacy

Jun 21, 2020, 5:02 PM

is employed and then kindly explained, these morons just don't get it. They don't want to.

Slippery slope?

Jun 21, 2020, 9:35 PM

Holy crap you’re a moron. Those things are already being discussed, and if people with regard for history and a concern for the rule of law don’t stand up and say ENOUGH, it very well COULD happen.

You’re either a liar or an abject idiot.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/protesters-portland-oregon-topple-george-washington-statue/#app

It's not a fallacy when it's actually happening #######...

Jun 22, 2020, 11:16 PM [ in reply to No matter how many times the slippery slope fallacy ]

they tried to take down an Andrew Jackson statue in D.C. today, tore down statues of Washington and GRANT (of all ####### people) in the last week.

You just keep hollering slippery slope as they destroy American history, and when it's over you'll rationalize that #### to.

#### you.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dillard's Stadium****

Jun 20, 2020, 2:47 PM

>

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Crusty Crab Legs Cotillion". Kinda has a ring to it. Fans

Jun 22, 2020, 8:41 PM

could come to games dressed as their favorite paperback book, in case the games get out of hand again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic