Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Record in the last 5 games?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Record in the last 5 games?

Oct 15, 2017, 10:01 AM

Gt,Nc st,Fsu,citadel,Usuck

How will we finish will determine the result of this season. I could change my mind after the Gt game. But based on where we stand right now I say 4-1. To many questions remain about KB health. And to rather Hunter Johnson plays if KB is not healthy. And if Dabo Elliott and Scott gets smart with our running backs. But right now I say we finish 10-2 loss to Nc st and a New Years six bowl. Good season but if we miss the playoffs the blame will be on the coaching staff. Because from a talent standpoint we are one of the best 4 in the country.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Record in the last 5 games?

Oct 15, 2017, 10:08 AM

Well the coaching staff is the reason we have the talent, so you "blame" who you want, I'm not "blaming" Dabo and crew.

Oct 15, 2017, 10:11 AM

It is one thing to recruit the top talent . It is another matter to use it properly and therein lies the problem.

Oct 15, 2017, 10:32 AM

When we've won 3 ACC Championships and the National Championship with Dabo and this staff , what you're saying sounds ill concieved .

That's a nice way of saying you're an idiot.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Oct 15, 2017, 10:36 AM [ in reply to Re: Record in the last 5 games? ]

Fact is that Dabo and company are fantastic recruiters. The question is what happens after that. Sure we won the Championship last year but had several close calls a couple of which could have been avoided but were not. IMO the dual OC's is turning out to be a nightmare but won't be changed because Dabo is too stubborn to see the handwriting on the wall.

Let's not forget that we got beat by a team comprised of mostly 2, and 3 star players coached by one of the lowest paid staffs in the ACC , playing in a run down, outdated facility, with total football facilities not even to be mentioned in the same sentence as those at Clemson, with a team that has no depth whatsoever, that utilizes the same hurry up offense we use to use and yet couldn't figure out how to stop it.

This is simply not a "loss" but might be a clear indication that something is amiss in the Tiger football program. I am afraid that our rise to the mountain top has possibly come and is about to go the other way. Most disturbing to me was the way we were not prepared to play, then the playing of a clearly injured player when there were other alternatives, the statement by Dabo that the failed fake punt was called by him, etc.

Clemson University has through its finances and those of IPTAY provided the football program with all the ingredients to be successful which we have been to some degree. Apparently most on here are satisfied with that loss to the Cuse and specifically with all the circumstances surrounding it. I find several aspects of that loss to be most disturbing and our performance did not reflect Dabo's saying of being THE BEST!

I happen to believe that we are a long, long way off from that goal based on what I saw last Friday evening. I know the players will have good and bad performances and that is part of the game. However, the lack of preparation, what appeared to be a meltdown of coaching amid the confusion, and an offense that is in a state of shambles can only lead to the possibility of some bad things down the road. I hope not but seems to these old eyes that Dabo has some pretty larger decisions top make.

Oct 15, 2017, 10:09 AM

So you think NC State makes the playoffs?

Oct 15, 2017, 10:15 AM

No but I question the health of KB. And do not believe cooper can lead us to victory against Nc st defense. Maybe after bye week this looks like a different team against Gt. But based on Friday night there’s reasons for concern

Oct 15, 2017, 10:35 AM

You think your Coot quarterback is better than any of our 3 QBs ? I mean ...he beat the NC State defense and watching him against our defense last year I couldn't determine if the Dirtpecker coaches had accidentally sent their place holder out there.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

No becuase there is a bylaw that the committee follows which

Oct 15, 2017, 10:38 AM [ in reply to Re: Record in the last 5 games? ]

reads, "any team that loses to South Carolina is automatically disqualified from the playoff (direct quote from section 63.17)."

5-0

Oct 15, 2017, 10:12 AM

Thanks for the reality check, ‘Cuse!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2017, 10:25 AM

Coaches coach and then players must execute.
That is what happened Friday night players did not execute.
Coaches will coach again and then it is up to the players against Ga. Tech.

Oct 15, 2017, 10:35 AM

I did not see very good coaching going on either. It was both. Poor decisions and not so good game plans. We were outcoached and outplayed.

I think it is plausible that we drop 2 more. I think KB will be back by NC State, but GT is a much improved team. They do not match up well against us though.

Not sure that we can with ZC or HJ. Verdict is still out on HJ as I have not seen enough of him. This team needs a healthy KB at QB.

If ZC is the starter, he is going to have to run the ball more.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

5-0***

Oct 15, 2017, 12:11 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic