Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
"ran first ALL the time"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,109

"ran first ALL the time"

Sep 21, 2019, 9:54 AM

Herby comment about KB performances.... We used to call him "greedy" with the ball.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "ran first ALL the time"

Sep 21, 2019, 9:59 AM

I rather think of it as (and to give him the benefit of the doubt) KB did what he was more comfortable - and confident - with doing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Sep 21, 2019, 10:02 AM

^^This. Bryant was a great athlete. His best asset was his running ability, and he wasn't great at diagnosing defenses and going through progressions if his first read wasn't open. So when you get flustered, it's a natural tendency to fall back on what you do best.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 21, 2019, 10:19 AM

And Nick Saban and Bama knew all to well what it would take to shut our offense completely down. I bet they were joking and laughing about how they were going to deal with KB on the field. They couldn't wait to leave the locker room and show the country how to beat Clemson!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 21, 2019, 10:58 AM [ in reply to Re: "ran first ALL the time" ]

What gets to me the most, and causes the ill feelings I have with KB, is that he would rather be the starter and risk losing the game running around with the ball after Bama showed the country how to stop Clemson, than to gracefully hand the ball to Trevor that was 10 times better at throwing the ball than he was and he knew that. Losing was OK with KB as long as the ball was in his hands, and nobody can deny that being the absolute truth bc KB proved it to be the truth with his actions after the coaches told him that our chases were better with Trevor behind center.

Our coaches knew what other teams had to do to stop us, but they used those short passes that KB could make 50 to 60% of the time to cover up KB's shortcomings in the passing game. But after Bama had exposed us to the rest of country, Dabo and Streeter I'm sure told KB that he had to get better in the off season with his long ball accuracy, and he didn't make that much improvement, and Paul Johnson and GT was exposing KB in that game with them. What choices did Dabo and Streeter have other than going with true freshman Trevor Lawrence, and that didn't set well with KB and he just quit.

That is what I believe is the absolute honest truth of what brought on all the KB drama. Once your weakness has been exposed in any sports competition, get much better or you are done. KB didn't do all he could do to improve his passing game until everything with him and Dabo crashed around him and he got mad and quit. Hopefully he really has improved his long ball game bc if he hasn't, the coot D will expose him today!!! I know if his new team played us, BV would shut him completely down if he couldn't throw an accurate down field ball!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 21, 2019, 12:41 PM

After all he went thru with his health issues, I can sympathize with him. However, I wish he would have switched positions. I don't see him as an nfl QB, but he is talented enough to make a team as WR/DB.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,109
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic