Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Quote of the day...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Quote of the day...

Mar 29, 2021, 11:16 AM

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
- Thomas A. Edison

I thought it was Clemson appropriate.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Quote of the day...

Mar 29, 2021, 11:32 AM

A fact for Millennials.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2021, 11:52 AM

Why did you take it that direction? Anyway...

Take your pick

Typical - you don't know that Millennials work harder. Period.

“This is a group that came into a really rough economy,” she reminded me. The first Millennials (like me) came of working age amid the wreckage of the dot-com bubble, and many younger Millennials were searching for jobs during the Great Recession. In other words, to Millennials, a weak economy is the norm. Since this generation also faces historically high levels of student debt, it makes a certain amount of sense that they wouldn’t want to jeopardize their jobs.

Millennials are also more likely to forfeit unused vacation days than other groups — 24% of Millennials, 19% of Gen Xers, and 17% of Boomers forfeited time off that they’d earned. (This ought to be an especially bitter pill for Millennials to swallow given that, due to their juniority in the workforce, they earn less vacation time overall than older workers.)

https://hbr.org/2016/08/millennials-are-actually-workaholics-according-to-research

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Give Millennmials a Break

Mar 29, 2021, 12:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Quote of the day... ]

I personally think we should give Millennials a break. They all were youngsters for 9-11, they came of age during the Afghanistan and Iraq Wars, and did most of the dying for their country in those wars, and we handed them multiple, significant recessions in 1987, 2000 (dot.com bust), 2008-2009 when our financial system betrayed us, and again in 2020-2021 when COVID struck. As the father of two Millennials, one of whom is a Clemson grad, I am pretty darn proud of what this generation has accomplished given what it has had to endure.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aww. Those poor, poor Millennials.

Mar 29, 2021, 4:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Quote of the day... ]

They've had it so rough, but they have lots of little soccer participation trophies, which is nice. Just don't say anything that's not supportive or they might melt.

Ok, boomer?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I think he said that right after he finally got a patent

Mar 29, 2021, 11:37 AM

for the cotton gin.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Watch it. Judge Keller is back and he doesn’t like overalls

Mar 29, 2021, 11:46 AM

particularly orange ones.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2021, 11:58 AM

what were edisons thoughts on

jerseys?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Khakis and Oxford shirts for most Tiger Grads

Mar 29, 2021, 12:04 PM

I would think for the engineer, manufacturing supervisors and tech. grads?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Thomas Edison couldn't get into SCar".. Tesla.***

Mar 29, 2021, 12:27 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic