Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question about Clemson dorms
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 51

Question about Clemson dorms

Mar 18, 2015, 11:21 PM

I am currently doing to housing application for Clemson and I cannot decide if McCabe Hall or Clemson House should be my number 1. I love how McCabe is right next to the football stadium, which is something I could look at forever. Then, there is the Clemson House which has everything you need near it. What are yalls thoughts?

TigertownBound

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Question about Clemson dorms

Mar 18, 2015, 11:24 PM

get an apartment of campus

tml

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 18, 2015, 11:38 PM

CLEMSON life in Cans!
Stay where they Put You!
But Name your Roommate!
It's a New World without Mother and Dad !
Enjoy

I lived in McCabe, top floor

Mar 18, 2015, 11:44 PM

View was awesome, and you're close to the Chick-fil-a if it's still there. Right by the dining hall. I highly recommend it. You're also much closer to the shoeboxes and are therefor more likely to get freshman punani.

Was in CH first 2 years - great place - had private bathroom

Mar 18, 2015, 11:47 PM

unlike the cattle call showering of Johnstone . . .

The dining at CH was really very good . . .

And the women's Bball team was on the 3rd floor . . . and it was a lot of fun.

Not Johnstone nekkid beer sliding fun - but fun . . .

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Mar 18, 2015, 11:47 PM

McCabe is usually reserved for upperclassmen but that may have changed. Suite style dorms are nice, no lie; but, I'd shoot for Mauldin or Byrnes if I were an underclassmen. That side of campus is the place to be for the early years.

Mar 19, 2015, 12:17 AM

Just B glad your aren't living in the "Tin Cans" of the Sixties.

Mar 19, 2015, 6:04 AM

Hey, I lived in those "tin cans of the sixties" and apart from the gang showers, the row of toilet stalls with no doors, the one pay phone down the hall that everybody had to stand in line for with enough change in their pocket, or you had to answer and shout the guy's name to come pick it up, and the thick film of asbestos particulate you had to wipe off your bed that fell from the ceiling every day (it was fun to walk down the hall and jump up and scrape a big wad of asbestos finish off the ceiling and then shake it out of your hair and off your shoulders), and the sheet metal thin walls though which you could hear someone scratching his pencil on paper (let alone the AR speakers and the 100W Harmon Kardon amplifiers blaring Brain Salad Surgery (a great album, btw) through a thick haze of the finest Columbian, or anything of a more intimate nature), and the trash can fires near the stair well that someone would invariably light about once a week in the middle of the night, it was a nice place to live. (Oh, and did I mention the Harley that would occasionally cruise up and down the hall on a weekend night?) I had a girlfriend at the time who was among the first group of students to occupy a portion of the Clemson House, and compared to the tin cans, it was reeaally nice. The shoe boxes were exclusively co-ed at the time with very strict visitation protocols, as were Mauldin and Byrnes. I lived in Lever my 3rd year, which was nice and very convenient, and off campus my 4th and 5th years, which is a different story altogether.

I can offer no advice and I have no clue regarding the state of dorm facilities, or apartments at Clemson today, except that I know the 'Cans have been entirely renovated and offer a luxury I was never personally familiar with. As someone said, you can take what comes and make the most of it, which is certainly a large part of University experience, or act on someone's considered advice and do the same thing. Good luck, take your work seriously and have fun!

Mar 19, 2015, 11:32 AM

Me too. 65-68. Lived in Lever senior year. Your post brought back the memories, mostly good and/or funny.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The tin cans were still there in the early 90s***

Mar 19, 2015, 7:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Question about Clemson dorms ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Mar 19, 2015, 7:52 AM [ in reply to Re: Question about Clemson dorms ]

You say that about Johnstone and I get it But my God how much fun I had living in there! Made lifelong friends, I was in Johnstone D-2, it was probably the smallest of all of the floors/sections and we were all very close! Fond memories, wherever you choose to live, just take time to really enjoy Clemson! It is a life changing event!

calhoun courts

Mar 19, 2015, 12:39 AM

Choice 1, 2, and 3

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this***

Mar 19, 2015, 11:51 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Clemson House!!!

Mar 19, 2015, 12:43 AM

I stayed in Clemson house my freshman year and loved it!! I wish I could go back I loved it so much. It feels like home. You have your own bathroom and a dinning hall right there so you don't have to leave the building if the weather is bad. Highly recommend it.

Mar 19, 2015, 8:37 AM

Well, right now I can't decide if Clemson House or McCabe Hall should be my number 1. But Mauldin is my back up

Mar 19, 2015, 8:45 AM

If you're a freshman, I wouldn't expect to get into McCabe or Clemson House. Isn't McCabe an honor's dorm or something like that, anyway? Or maybe I'm thinking of the Stadium Suites. If I were you, I'd put McCabe as my #1 but I would prepare to be in a high-rise or shoebox.

Good luck!

McCabe is for sophomores and up.***

Mar 19, 2015, 11:50 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Mar 19, 2015, 9:54 AM

Lived in CH for 2 years... That walk up the hill gets old.

Mar 19, 2015, 10:13 AM

What was your old screen name?

null

Mar 19, 2015, 10:05 AM

I live in Byrnes my Freshman year. 65C

null

Mar 19, 2015, 11:30 AM

Are you a freshman? I'd suggest living in Clemson House like a few of my buddies did. Then move into an off-campus apartment or house after freshman year. If you look for a while, you can find houses and townhomes downtown for a very reasonable price.

McCabe is the best dorm on campus.

Mar 19, 2015, 11:48 AM

The only thing better is Lightsey II (apartments). McCabe is in the center of everything.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: McCabe is the best dorm on campus.

Mar 19, 2015, 11:57 AM

That was the problem with Lightsey though...it feels so far away! I spent my first two years in Calhoun Courts and remember dreading my walk to classes. Granted, I was a business major so the majority of my classes were at the far end of campus.

Replies: 22
| visibility 51
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic