Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Plyler's Blog: South Carolina State Review
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,294

Plyler's Blog: South Carolina State Review

Sep 19, 2016, 10:26 AM

South Carolina State Review

South Carolina State Review
I know many people in the stands Saturday may have been more concerned about the Louisville-Florida State score and some may have been looking ahead to Clemson's next trip to Atlanta. However, there was a football game going on in our stadium, and this one could

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

54 minutes

Sep 19, 2016, 10:51 AM

#mackeydoesmath

Maybe he thinks we played bad for 2 minutes?***

Sep 19, 2016, 11:09 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Re: Plyler's Blog: South Carolina State Review

Sep 19, 2016, 11:01 AM

Hmmmm. math skills. 30+12+12= 52..... really?

Hang lose, I'm sure he'll do better next time.***

Sep 19, 2016, 11:04 AM

Re: Hang lose, I'm sure he'll do better next time.***

Sep 19, 2016, 11:26 AM

We are talking Plyler here!

Re: Plyler's Blog: South Carolina State Review

Sep 19, 2016, 11:20 AM

FYI, that mercy shortening has been done several times:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/ct-college-football-shortening-games-spt-20160918-story.html

"The shortening of this game was hardly unprecedented. Here's a sampling of games over the last five years in which a lopsided score caused some changes in the timekeeping.

2012: Florida State 55, Savannah State 0: After a 56-minute weather delay in the second quarter with Florida State ahead 48-0, officials agreed to use a running clock. The game was called for good in the third quarter due to lightning.

2013: Louisville 72, Florida International 0: A running clock inadvertently was used for portions of the second half of the Cardinals' shutout. Gerald Austin, the coordinator of officials for Conference USA, said after the game that FIU coach Ron Turner had commented to officials that he wanted to run the ball in the second half because injuries had limited the number of players he had available. An official misinterpreted the comment. Austin said there were five times that the clock should have been stopped when it kept running. Neither coach requested a running clock.

2013: Miami 77, Savannah State 7: The fourth quarter of this game was shortened to 12 minutes. Miami also ran the play clock almost to expiration before each of its snaps in the final period. Miami already was leading 77-7 through the end of three quarters.

2013: North Carolina 80, Old Dominion 20: The fourth quarter of this game was shortened to 10 minutes. No points were scored during that final period."

It was also done like it was at Clemson during the 1916 GT vs Cumberland game, known as the most lopsided victory in history. Last 2 quarters were shortened to 12 minute quarters, GT still won 222-0.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1916_Cumberland_vs._Georgia_Tech_football_game

Furthermore, I've seen us use a running clock before

Sep 19, 2016, 11:36 AM

At least once in recent memory.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,294
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic