Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Playoff teams match-ups and weaknesses
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Playoff teams match-ups and weaknesses

Dec 10, 2019, 8:35 AM

Our ability to man up against OSU's #41 passing offense and stop the run should give us an advantage, but not as a big of an advantage as one dimensional LSU gives us. Oklahoma is the only balanced team Clemson could face, unfortunately for them Clemson still has the advantage in every match-up. In fact OSU is the only team with an advantage in any match-up vs Clemson. If they can produce anything through the air they could make it difficult on us.

Clemson
Passing Offense #20
Rushing Offense #10
Passing Defense #1
Rushing Defense #9

OSU
Passing Offense #41
Rushing Offense #5
Passing Defense #2
Rushing Defense #7

LSU
Passing Offense #2
Rushing Offense #62
Passing Defense #56
Rushing Defense #24

Oklahoma
Passing Offense #16
Rushing Offense #12
Passing Defense #24
Rushing Defense #32

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Playoff teams match-ups and weaknesses

Dec 10, 2019, 8:55 AM

My concern is OSU establishes the run against us making it easier for them to pass. Virginia showed there are passing lanes against us and I imagine OSU will try to exploit Tanner Muse in the passing game.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2019, 9:16 AM

They will have to establish the run vs a loaded box. Our corners are talented enough to match up 1 on 1 vs the OSU passing attack. If we can bring pressure and spy Fields they are in for a long day. Also with little respect for the passing attack, Venables can bring pressure off the edge to disrupt the backfield. They may be able to pick up a few chunk plays but when the field gets short we will make them pass into tight windows.

null

Dec 11, 2019, 9:15 AM

I think you've got to be careful bringing extra people off of the edge because they run it so well up the middle. Blitz in the middle to help stop the run and let our back seven cover well enough to force the young Fields into bad throws or taking the delayed sack. He has shown a propensity to hang onto the ball a bit too long.

Dec 10, 2019, 9:10 AM

I still think that OU is going to give LSU a lot more trouble. LSU ran roughshod over the SEC by basically being a very good B12 team. OU is much better at handling LSU's offense.

As for Clemson vs 0SU, both teams stats are diluted due to scrub time. However, the lack of stats by OSU passing game is interesting as well as their passing defense being over-rated. The ACC is a much better "passing" league. Not B12 level but a LOT better than the B10 (which best passing teams were 31-0, Minn, Indiana, Mich and Ped State. Considering Ped State is on that list should say something. Basically, 0SU really has not face a pass happy team... Given that Wake, UNC, FSU and Virginia all rank higher as a passing team than anything outside of Indiana that OSU has faced, that should say something.

B10 Ind (13th) OSU (41st) Michigan (50th) in passing.

if you are not a top passing defense in the B10, you aren't trying.

Dec 11, 2019, 3:06 AM

Biggest difference between now and 16 I think is Fields has a very good deep ball and we have some very good deep threat receivers especially Olave. I don't think LSU would beat OSU or Clemson, this game will be compelling.

Dec 11, 2019, 4:52 AM

I don't think ranking numbers mean much since we play different levels of competition.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic