Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Pay thoughts
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 952

Pay thoughts

Mar 27, 2014, 8:55 AM

My thoughts are this. Many won't agree I'm sure . Our student athletes are allowed 20 hours per week in season per NCAA rules for training practice and game time (3 hours) for there prospective sport. Would it be so hard for you people to imagine they are worth federal minimum wage for these 20 hours . There are other amounts for out of season I'm just saying they are worth it. They can't hold a part time job like most can because there simply isn't enough time in the days. Figure it this way ... That's 145 per week minus taxes so they clear about 110 dollars per week . That's 90 schollies at 145 per x 52 let's say its 600k . Keeping it simple divided by 40k season ticket holders it's under 17 dollars per ticket . So yea I do believe ever single one of us could honestly say we would pay 17 bucks to help our guys live a little ... They gotta buy gas too ya know . They like a night out too . Dinner a movie I meen come on folks it's a hundred dollars a week I'm talking about I know that's not much but in the eyes of these kids it would really help. Maybe it would cure all this booster handout crap as well . Ps DABO would pay the 600 outta his salary just saying!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thousands of kids with strong

Mar 27, 2014, 8:59 AM

Academic backgrounds would love to have the opportunity to cry about the injustices of college life at Clemson. They don't because they get rejected while a kid who by all rights wouldn't have the skills to work at piggy wiggly get a full ride.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Shhhh...being a football player is oppressive.***

Mar 27, 2014, 9:03 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: thousands of kids with strong

Mar 27, 2014, 9:05 AM [ in reply to thousands of kids with strong ]

Got news for ya ! If your on a full ride your busting your *** almost every day . 1 day off per week . See my post on pay question ? Also answer my how many games you been at ?

wait a minute now.....you joined us here at TigerNet ONE

Mar 27, 2014, 9:15 AM

year ago and now you want to come and challenge us as to how many games we've been to....I'm a 15 year IPTAY member and have MANY opions on the subject but don't kindly to you coming on here with your Fan rating of 74 and try to force your opinion on me (whether I agree or not). My answer is.....for now, sit back and observe and keep your snide remarks to yourself!

Re: wait a minute now.....you joined us here at TigerNet ONE

Mar 27, 2014, 10:05 AM

Just because I decided to get a login for here doesn't gage my tiger pride my fan rating nor do I care of my pulse . I too have paid a little into a Small iptay fund myself . So if you take my remarks as snide oh well . I'll not care nor snicker . For my seats are quite well and my parking spaces close . Come this fall I'll be cheering louder than many of you and that's no boast !! You see I sit sorta close to the 50 . 47 to be exact right on the aisle . In the shade from the uppers outta the rain. Close enough to yell at Palmer, Herbie or Brent ! Yes there right above me . I park in lot 5 on row 3 . Kathleen's space and his mother and step father right behind me row 4 (DABO) . I'll let you calculate on that awhile . SNIDE THAT !

i responded to your question, guess

Mar 27, 2014, 9:26 AM [ in reply to Re: thousands of kids with strong ]

It didn't go thru.
I've been to more Clemson games than I can quantify.
I completely agree that full scholarship students work their butts off.
You seemed to miss the point that the majority of full ride athletes would be working their butts off st McDonald's if it wasn't for the preferential treatment they are alReady receiving. I believe the monetary value of athletic scholarship has been well documented, but seems to be ignored now.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Yeah Tajh's Camaro screams struggling college student

Mar 27, 2014, 9:04 AM

You act like they are poor. They don't have to pay for anything but the amenities that many other student would love to have the time or money for.

Re: Yeah Tajh's Camaro screams struggling college student

Mar 27, 2014, 9:08 AM

It ain't a SS or ZL1 ... Ease up man .. A loaded Camry cost more than his V6 automatic camaro come on !!

being a former student athlete

Mar 27, 2014, 9:11 AM

I survived just fine and my parents didnt give me any spending money. also, you pay football your gonna have to pay womens rowing as well.

This is just the beginning. Baby steps. Just wait til there is a strike down the road for more money. Money is gonna kill college athletics imo.

I dont have a problem with giving them a little spending money but it won't stop there. Especially with unions involved.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How much do the athletes owe the school?

Mar 27, 2014, 9:11 AM

How much money did the clown make off of ESPN's coverage of the hit and subsequent hype train?

It will get worked out. College football is a multi-billion

Mar 27, 2014, 9:12 AM

dollar business. To suggest that the players who do the actual work and put the actual product on the field are the "greedy" ones when Universities, coaches, tv networks are raking in money hand over fist, is absolutely misplaced.

It isn't going to end college football as we know it. It will evolve and will get worked out to everyone's satisfaction.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pay?

Mar 27, 2014, 9:34 AM

What ever has happened to Pride of Accomplishment?

Being part of something so much bigger than yourself?

Taking small measured steps to attain a long range goal?

Appreciation?

Responsibility?

Knowing Life is a Journey and all the time between Birth and Death determines who you really are.

Just have them remember that the purpose of money is to be exchanged for something more useful--food, roof over the head, clothing--necessities. Left-over funds are at their discretion and decision.

Just my opinion.

Re: Pay?

Mar 27, 2014, 9:39 AM

So write these guys a check for the value of their scholarship. Tell them they have to use the money to pay for school, find a place to live, feed themselves for the year, pay for tutors, etc. They can do what they want to with whatever they have left over.

I feel the same way, which is why I told my company

Mar 27, 2014, 9:43 AM [ in reply to Pay? ]

I don't need a paycheck in exchange for the value I provide to the company. I am homeless and pretty hungry, but at least I have my pride of accomplishment every day.

Does your company provide free room and board, free food,

Mar 27, 2014, 10:54 AM

Free access to weight room facilities, tutors, medical/health care/rehab, and free education so that you have the opportunity to move on to a bigger, better company 3-5 years later, along with your paycheck?

paying players opens up way too many cans of worms........

Mar 27, 2014, 10:02 AM

Let's say players get paid. How much? WHO is and HOW is it regulated so that every player/team gets the same "salary"?? what about baseball??volleyball??track/etc..?? your typical top 15 football program might be able to afford it, but what about the "wake forests" (who already have a disadvantage as it is)? AND are YOU/the season ticket holders willing to pay even MORE than they already are for IPTAY/tickets?

and while players don't see it now, but they're getting much more than a free education. Medical care, everything you could imagine for fitness/strength/food/tutor/fame/etc....

I understand a few bucks a week for a night or two out/"dinner & a movie" but IMO there's NO WAY that it stays at "a few bucks".............if you crack the door of paying players it will be busted wide open and end up being SMUs all over the country

If the players were SOOOOOOOOOOO unhappy with the situation they would've quit football and gone out into the real world........college football is only getting stronger and if players want to get paid then quit football and get a job......AND pay for your own education

jmo

I don't like the whole paying idea...

Mar 27, 2014, 10:30 AM

will qb's be paid more than centers? how about 2nd string? What if a player is injured for a year? bonuses for touchdowns and sacks too? What will recruiting be like? What if a player transfers because another school will pay more?

Replies: 17
| visibility 952
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic