Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How Brian Dawkins came to Clemson from Patrick Sapp
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1,213

How Brian Dawkins came to Clemson from Patrick Sapp

Feb 1, 2017, 8:53 AM

"Brian went to school with me at that time," Sapp said. "We grew up together, played together. He wanted to go Florida. Florida thought he was too small. At the end, South Carolina was recruiting him. He was going to go to South Carolina because that was really the only other big school he had. Well, about a week before signing day, South Carolina he called up there a couple times and he couldn't get them. He called me and said I'm calling South Carolina and they're not returning my calls. I said hold on I'm going to call Coach Stock. I called Coach Stockstill, I'll come to Clemson but Brian has to come too. We were recruiting Brian a little bit but I don't think he was high on our list. Stock said it's done. That was kind of the last decision that lead me to Clemson was bringing my buddy with me. Look at what he's done in the NFL to this day."

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Patrick Sapp is awesome

Feb 1, 2017, 9:40 AM

I've hung out with him on many occasions and he has always been a class act. It's awesome how much of a part of the Clemson family he is.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: Patrick Sapp is awesome

Feb 1, 2017, 10:47 AM

I went to the basketball game that was played during Brian Dawkins' visit. I ran into Coach Stockstill & Dawkins at the memorabilia stand after the game. Brian Dawkins had on his HS jacket with his name on it. I'd seen his name on a recruiting list so I knew who he was. 3* prospect. My only thought was , "Man, that guy looks rough." To me, he looked 35 years old. I doubt that anyone expected him to turn out to be the great player that he was at Clemson or in the NFL.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1,213
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic