Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Packer and Durham Show on ACC Network Early Review
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

Packer and Durham Show on ACC Network Early Review

Aug 26, 2019, 9:34 AM

I know it's only been a few episodes and I think it will be a good show but they are trying too hard to get faces from around the league at the wrong time.

This morning, 2 days after the Miami-Florida game where they had a really entertaining watch event on Saturday night with Richt and Beasun they don't open up with a review of the game, the watching event which had some entertaining moments. Instead the start panning around the league with various coaches from Olympic Sports. They eventually go to Addozio which was a good interview, but as I was leaving for work with it being about 1 hour and 40 minutes into the broadcast still very little on the game.

I totally understand the need to get the league brand out there and perhaps they have to open up the show that way, but I would think you open a show at the start of the college football season with a major ACC-SEC matchup and talk about it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Re: Paker & Durham Show on ACC Network Early Review- mine

Aug 26, 2019, 9:40 AM

you need a "c" in Packer

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 26, 2019, 9:43 AM

That's all? Anything else? Did you watch the show?

Aug 26, 2019, 9:50 AM

No I havent started free trial yet you "c"

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Weighed in on a previous thread asking the same question

Aug 26, 2019, 2:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Paker & Durham Show on ACC Network Early Review- mine ]

My main takeaway was that they need to narrow their focus or organize the segments differently; probably too "scatter shot" an approach, but this was only the second show. I will keep listening and they will round into form.

Probably would have been more coverage if the Canes won***

Aug 26, 2019, 9:41 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Packer and Durham Show on ACC Network Early Review

Aug 26, 2019, 9:46 AM

We just said the same thing at work. I finally had to turn it off because no one wants to listen to a girls golfer analyzing her own swing. The Packer/Durham show was the best on the radio pre-ACC network.

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Aug 26, 2019, 9:56 AM

We just said the same thing at work. I finally had to turn it off because no one wants to listen to a girls golfer analyzing her own swing. The Packer/Durham show was the best on the radio pre-ACC network.

Same here. I ended up switching back to McElroy on ESPNU to hear about the game. I really like Packer on radio and I do think they will get the bugs worked out, but college football season just started and they need to focus on that. The Olympic sports are very important to the ACC and the network will be great for recruiting, but Football and Basketball will be what pays the bills for a while and if they want people to sign up they need to cater to that.

Aug 26, 2019, 2:07 PM

Pretty much agree with CU_Tigers4life's assessment. Since the ACCN has premiered right at football season, they'd do well to lean heavily on football content.

Likely with any new network like this (or any new venture), it takes a while to get firm footing. I hope in time, the whole thing will eventually improve.

Aug 26, 2019, 2:16 PM

I thought it was sub-par at best. Of course thats based on discussion topics. I agree in that the season has just fired up and they're off on all these tangents.

I turned it as well after 30 min or so. Pretty boring IMO....at least the episode that was on this morning. Hope it ramps up.

I will say though...man its nice having an ACC network channel! Its pretty much Clemson Network so far. :)

Quick Update..Much Better

Aug 27, 2019, 8:59 AM

This morning, Packer and Durham talked about the first few broadcasts not being the format that will normally be run. They said they used the first few broadcast to check out the infrastructure around the league. Each school is supposed to have a studio and they were checking things out. Makes sense.

Today was about football and breaking things down. I had to leave at about the halfway point but was a good show.

Thought you were fair in your comments yesterday

Aug 27, 2019, 9:23 AM

but it was good of you to come back and update today. Brand new show on a brand new network. There is a lot to figure out. Sounds like they are well on their way.

Aug 27, 2019, 9:18 AM

They really need to check their microphone set up when then go to the individual schools studios to interview coaches/players etc. In some cases I could barely hear the person they were interviewing

Aug 27, 2019, 9:33 AM

I think that's exactly why they were running the first few shows the way they did. There are definitely sound issues and these field test are the best way to see what needs worked on.

I really like Mark Packer and want to see his show and the ACCN succeed. He has a very pragmatic approach to journalism and I like that.

Aug 27, 2019, 10:37 AM

The first two "Packer and Durham" shows featured 23 interviews from around the entire ACC, and it included many Olympic sport coaches/players, too.

23 Interviews would be a huge number for an entire week of shows, much less two programs. It is not the norm.

The large number of interviews was done intentionally for many reasons. We are testing out the new on-campus studios that will be the home of all future interviews for the TV show, and we had to find out the technical issues (if they existed) for a live interview/show.

We always spread the wealth in talking about each ACC school....it has been a fixture from day one in our SiriusXM Radio show.

Today's show (Tuesday) was more in-line with what a normal "P&D" show will include....a couple of guest, calls, and segment breakdowns of games and players and other topics of the day.

We're still ironing out the technical issues...and that comes with the territory. Building an entire TV studio in a personal residence is a new undertaking for ESPN, but we're excited about the potential.

I appreciate the constructive criticism and the support...we look forward to making the show one that every ACC fan enjoy.

I enjoy your visits on JohnBoy & Billy. One question,

Aug 27, 2019, 10:40 AM

who is shorter, Billy or cutigerbob®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: I enjoy your visits on JohnBoy & Billy. One question,

Aug 27, 2019, 10:42 AM

I can't say that I remember meeting CUTIGERBOB.

You can't miss him,

Aug 27, 2019, 10:45 AM

so to speak.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Why don't you run along so the men can have a Sirius football

Aug 27, 2019, 10:49 AM

discussion?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Thanks For Taking The Time To Reply Packman!

Aug 27, 2019, 11:38 AM [ in reply to Re: Packer and Durham Show on ACC Network Early Review ]

I certainly wasn't expecting such a detailed reply and I'm glad I was on my best behavior! Thanks for taking the time to read my post and comment on it.

Message boards can be a real sewer for negativity.

Agreed. Way too many sewer dwellers around here

Aug 27, 2019, 11:45 AM

right coachmac?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Thanks for the update!

Aug 27, 2019, 12:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Packer and Durham Show on ACC Network Early Review ]

Now it makes sense! With at least 15 interviews yesterday I was like please give us more FOOTBALL!!!!! Thank You!

Aug 27, 2019, 10:11 AM

Anything with Wes Durham is not good. I had to endure years of terrible play by play on radio for GA Tech. Still have to put up with Falcons Broadcast every Sunday if I am in the car.

Don't know why you feel that way, Wes does a good job!

Aug 27, 2019, 12:24 PM

I have enjoyed Pack and Wes for the past year and a half on Sirius radio.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 27, 2019, 12:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Packer and Durham Show on ACC Network Early Review ]

Wes is great. Along with Mark as well.

They said from the start yesterday, that show was a little

Aug 27, 2019, 10:58 AM

different, trying to get on someone from every school. Today's show has been all football, and has been very good!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wait, did I hear you mention tnet on Pac Man’s show tonight?

Aug 27, 2019, 8:37 PM

Oh boy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Here, let me help you out...

Aug 28, 2019, 8:29 AM

CU_Tigers4life® did you or did you not call into Packer's show and mention your posts on tnet?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Thank you.***

Aug 28, 2019, 8:31 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Aug 28, 2019, 9:44 AM

No I didn't.. Why?

Aug 28, 2019, 9:52 AM [ in reply to Here, let me help you out... ]

I don't get to listen to Packer except in the AM. I usually don't get out of work until after 6-7. I only get to listen in the Morning

Re: No I didn't.. Why?

Aug 28, 2019, 10:03 AM

OK...Don't believe me

Aug 28, 2019, 10:07 AM

I'm really not bothered by that

Hey...

Aug 28, 2019, 10:26 AM

I’ve been wrong before.

Message was edited by: Francis Marion®

Aug 28, 2019, 1:58 PM

Very disappointed with the ACCN so far...Very dull, not very creative programming, lack of exciting key show participants, and in general if they do not drasticly improve fast this network will be nothing more than second-rate.....And for Verizon Fios to place it on channel 829 (HD) is poor and represents very poor pressure from ACCN staff to politic this up in the overall channel network....

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic