Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Packer And Durham Invoked the "ACC Wheel of Destiny"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Packer And Durham Invoked the "ACC Wheel of Destiny"

Oct 9, 2019, 10:26 AM

Packer was talking to Reese Davis about where that dammned wheel was and apparently they still have it..

I don't know about the rest of you folks, but I hated that thing being used as a pejorative towards the ACC and I think it hurt the league just like "Clemsonning" was a drag on the program.

I realize the ACC is down and the Coastal is a mess, but I really don't want to see that blasted thing brought back.

They need new material...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

really no point in bringing it out unless UVA loses 1 maybe

Oct 9, 2019, 11:55 AM

2 conf games- they look to be the clear favorite and have already won at Pitt who may be the 2nd best team in the Coastal

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: really no point in bringing it out unless UVA loses 1 maybe

Oct 9, 2019, 12:02 PM

I see it as a UVA/UNC battle right now. The loss to Wake does not count for UNC and they get UVA at home. I guess I am pulling for UVA as the loss to App state does not look good.

null

UNC still has UVA, Pitt and Duke- they will have to win

Oct 9, 2019, 12:23 PM

all 3 of those IMO- don't think that is happening. +NCSU. Could. But highly doubtful.

Re: really no point in bringing it out unless UVA loses 1 maybe

Oct 9, 2019, 3:23 PM [ in reply to Re: really no point in bringing it out unless UVA loses 1 maybe ]

The App St loss and WF loss doesn't look good NOW. But that is based on preconceived notions. Its the same junk that PF quotes as his basis to deride Clemson. But what if App runs the table and gets a NY6 bowl bid? What if WF only loss is an undefeated Clemson. What is UNC runs the table and loses again to Clemson in Charlotte.....now how do the Tarheels look? Similar to how we all knew that Gators were a dumpster fire after the Miami game. Now look at em. Then after LSU destroys them this weekend, we will look at them again!

Probably Company Directive 304A

Oct 9, 2019, 12:18 PM

Distort the truth and make it seem far worse than what it is; so we can make more money from clueless SEC fans. The fact is ACC schools don't typically have the rabid fan bases in football! Much like the Pac 12. Nobody even Oregon when they were dominating(no ships) college football wants a fan base who doesn't support it like rabid dogs(sec fans). Autzen stadium capacity is 54, 000 at Oregon! Duke max is 45, 000. And sometimes the stands aren't full - all a microcosm of the support they get outside the stadium as well.
So, push the narrative these teams are gawd awful so that they can get more Lucrative $chool$ in the conversation/ranked/talked about. The SEC can have it's best team hammer middle to bottom dweller ACC schools and folks act like it is a sign of the separation of the two leagues.
When you make the argument the same "it's yeah but you didn't play the top SEC schools"! Again, trying to have it both ways!

I really hope UVA can keep winning and make them look silly for mentioning it! Plus, it would give CU(fingers crossed we keep handling business) a top 15 ranked opponent for the ACCCG.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Packer And Durham Invoked the "ACC Wheel of Destiny"

Oct 9, 2019, 1:29 PM

Coastal is always chaos.

Duke-Pitt, Miami-VT were unbelievable games...tons of turnovers, momentum-changing plays, comebacks, etc....

I think we've made it clear that UVA is the team that everyone is chasing in the division. However, the smart folks in Vegas even have the Wahoos as an underdog at Miami.

I wouldn't get to worked up over the "Wheel of Destiny"...nobody knows how it's going to play out.

If UVA closes the deal, they'll be the 7th different team to win the division in as many years. Name another conference division that comes close to that potential accomplishment?

Enjoy the journey.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic