Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Our OL vs the best in the country award winning LSU OL
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Our OL vs the best in the country award winning LSU OL

Jan 7, 2020, 4:39 PM

We average 6.4 ypc
LSU average 4.9 ypc

Clemson sacks given up 16
LSU sacks given up 30

We throw the ball about 5 times less per game but that does not make up for almost have as many sacks.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Our OL vs the best in the country award winning LSU OL

Jan 7, 2020, 4:47 PM

That's why one cannot put too much stock into what the spundits say. They want you to believe that 3 is more than 4 and 5 is less than 2. They'll selectively pick out whatever stats support their narrative. That's why all we hear about is Joey Baby and his unstoppable wide receivers. You mention the sack totals, but they don't mention it. You bring up ypc, but they don't. Our turnover margin is better, but they don't mention it. We can go on and on. I prefer to GooooooooTigers!!!!!!

Jan 7, 2020, 4:52 PM

Yep their top WR and Biletnikoff winner averages less yard per catch and less TDs per catch than Higgins. He is a baller but make no mistake Higgins is the better WR.

Jan 7, 2020, 4:51 PM

Well…that’s the ACC for ya.

Jan 7, 2020, 5:02 PM

The ACC is actually better at getting to the QB than the SEC. I guess that is because ACC sucks on offense tho. Oh wait it doesn't. Yes the SEC has better total Ds than the ACC so I will give you that. That certainly changes the ypc but idk about 1.5 ypc but maybe.

Jan 7, 2020, 7:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Our OL vs the best in the country award winning LSU OL ]

That’s what they said last year

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2020, 9:04 PM

That’s what they said last year

Right last year was an easy natty, piece of cake when playing a QB that can barely run.

Maybe, just maybe, the defenses they faced were better than

Jan 7, 2020, 4:51 PM

the ones we faced...maybe

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe, just maybe, the defenses they faced were better than

Jan 7, 2020, 4:54 PM

Certainly some were. Their offense was amazing no doubt about it.

Re: Maybe, just maybe, the defenses they faced were better than

Jan 7, 2020, 5:00 PM [ in reply to Maybe, just maybe, the defenses they faced were better than ]

We have played more teams in the top 50 in sacks per game than LSU has tho. You could argue the ypc is because of defense tho no doubt.

Jan 7, 2020, 6:05 PM

LSU’s line is nowhere near the best in the country, they aren’t even the best in the SEC. They are a good line, I’m not saying they are bad I just think maybe the award was recognizing the performance of the LSU offense overall more than anything.

However those stats you posted comparing the two lines are completely and utterly meaningless. For Clemson fans that are tired of hearing the disparity in schedule strength, that’s fine...but you should stop citing statistics if that’s the case because they are truly irrelevant...and here is why:

The average defensive PPG ranking of Clemson opposition prior to the CFP was 78(this is all excluding wofford, a non major) You played 4 teams with a defensive ranking in the 100s.

Here's the breakdown in comparison to LSU:

In Clemsons 12 games prior to CFP,(excluding Wofford, a non-major) Clemson played 7 of 12 games against teams that were ranked outside the top 75 in def ppg(these opponents all averaged giving up over 29ppg).
Clemson played 0 games against top 10 ranked defenses 0 games against teams in the top 30 defensively, and only 1 in the top 40(Texas A&M).

In LSUs 12 games prior to CFP,(excluding Northwestern st,a non-major) LSU played 3 of 12 games against teams that were ranked outside the top 75 in def ppg.
LSU played 2 games vs top 10 defenses. LSU played 4 games vs top 20 defenses, 5 games vs top 40 defense and 6 of 12 vs top 60 defenses nationally(Clemson played 3 top 60 defenses).

If you take each teams games against their top 4 defensively ranked opponents, which for LSU is 4 top 20 defenses that all average giving up less than 20ppg, and for Clemson features
just 1 top 40 defense..LSU averages more PPG in those 4 contests than Clemson does in theirs.(37ppg for LSU to 36ppg for Clemson)
So, the point is...stop posting stats comparing LSU and Clemson, they mean absolutely nothing.

Jan 7, 2020, 6:21 PM

So you think we should stop citing statistics and to prove your point...you blab on about statistics. You’re an idiot.

Let’s be honest...you’ve been on this board over a week now citing stats and thumping your chest...a reasonable question is why? A reasonable answer is because you’re trying to prove to your doubting self that LSU CAN win. And you keep posting because you’re not yet convinced.

We never had Bama idiots the last 5 years over here like you corndoggers. Why? Because they didn’t need to convince themselves that they could win. There is a significant amount of insecurity in Louisiana the last week or so.

Jan 7, 2020, 6:38 PM

I’m an idiot? I cited no statistics other than your oppositions ppg ranking to cite how watered down the stats are..which make them irrelevant. If you have trouble comprehending that then I guess that makes you the idiot.

Jan 7, 2020, 8:48 PM

Don’t worry about it buddy. It will all be over in a little over 6 days.

its true, I don’t recall Bama fans coming over here to

Jan 7, 2020, 8:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Our OL vs the best in the country award winning LSU OL ]

Thump their chests. You LSU turds should take note of how irrelevant we find your opinions and just go jerk yourselves on tiger droppings.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welcome to the Clemson Board.

Jan 7, 2020, 6:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Our OL vs the best in the country award winning LSU OL ]

Good luck!

Doubt you'll change many opinions.

You are the favorite for a reason.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jan 7, 2020, 6:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Our OL vs the best in the country award winning LSU OL ]

Show me your betting slip putting $5k on LSU.

Jan 7, 2020, 8:01 PM

LSU yards per play; 7.6
Clemson yards per play 7.1

Clemson can't lose!

Jan 7, 2020, 8:12 PM

Yeah, but we didn’t play anybody so our stats don’t count according to THE MEDIA.

We’ll see how their mediocre defense fares against a real OL on Monday.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2020, 8:38 PM

Also, our boys were sitting on the bench for about 35 percent of the season maybe more.

The key to these awards are to run your stats up against over matched opponents.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2020, 9:02 PM

May be True but one problem, Clemson had a weaker schedule than Lsu did. I think Clemson may have played two ranked teams all season and one team in top 5. Should be a fun game : )

Jan 7, 2020, 9:18 PM

We beat the chit out of Bama 44-16 with THE SAME TEAM!

I love how no one remembers that or it just doesn’t count for some reason.

Our entire offense returned and our D is better than last year.

Actually, I think Bama was -6 as well just like your little fairytale mukauly caulkins are.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic