Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ohio State MLB Raekwon McMillan
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Ohio State MLB Raekwon McMillan

Nov 10, 2015, 10:03 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kXIQ7ZUrRk&feature=youtu.be

Fast forward to the 3 minute mark of the video and you'll see Raekwon not only have kind words for Watson but also for Dabo.

Class act by Dabo calling Raekwon after we beat Oregon last year.

You guys are having a great season and deserve #1. Good luck the rest of the way!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I saw that story on Reddit CFB...so cool

Nov 10, 2015, 10:18 AM

First of all Raekwon's comments were super cool and he seems like a chill dude. I think it's rad that him and Watson and even our coaches still keep in touch. I was never a football player that reached the level of recruitment from big time schools, but I imagine there is a lot of "fakeness" to it all, false promises and what not. Hearing this story adds some humaneness to that aspect of the game and grounds it all in the fact that at the end of the day these are just kids and people that form genuine relationships throughout the process...at least when there is good people involved.

Re: Ohio State MLB Raekwon McMillan

Nov 10, 2015, 10:18 AM

Cool to hear. Think it's funny to hear the reporters' shock that they all stayed in touch and he and Watson talked post-recruitment...think that caught them off guard.

You can tell they don't get much news outside of the north in recruiting to think Watson would have had OH State as his #2 though (like they are trying to bait a story from it about the QB of the #1 team's potential with their program). Most know his #2 likely would have been UGA, seeing he's from Gainesville, GA and he wanted to stay home close to his mom that has had cancer issues.

Nov 10, 2015, 10:19 AM

I like how the reporters kept making snide comments about Clemson but McMillan refused to take the bait. He seems like a great young man. The reporters were really surprised that Dabo Swinney stayed in contact and called to congratulate him after winning the National Championship. They're obviously cynical and jaded to even consider that coaches like Dabo Swinney would be genuinely interested in the young man's well being instead of looking merely to use him for our own team's benefit.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Nov 10, 2015, 10:36 AM

Yeah, even the majority of Buckeye fans hate the Columbus media. The radio guys are the worst except when Chris Spielman is on and Beanie Wells isn't too bad. Tim May, the guy with the southern accent standing behind Raekwon who is the main writer that covers OSU Football for the Columbus Dispatch, is obsessed with southern football and is obsessed with an OSU vs. the south rivalry. OSU fans bought into it for awhile but it's starting to get old and now we're mainly focused on beating Michigan State and beating Harbaugh.

Ignore the stupid media, pretty much all OSU fans agree Clemson is the best team right now.

Classy kid, but the snarky media comments about...

Nov 10, 2015, 8:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Ohio State MLB Raekwon McMillan ]

...pronouncing "Clemson" and the purple unis were silly. Solid and mature kid OSU has there though.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

That young man

Nov 10, 2015, 10:22 AM

would've been a fine ambassador for Clemson.

He handles himself with class and dignity.

Gotta wish him nothing but the best.

Definitely good for our recruiting to hear a player of his caliber attest that the Clemson players and coaches only cared about what was best for him.

Good Stuff!

Nov 10, 2015, 10:29 AM

This is awesome. Great to hear that, and speaks volumes about this young man, Deshaun and our coaches. Thanks for sharing.

Re: Too bad he chose the wrong school. Good luck to him

Nov 10, 2015, 10:37 AM

in any event.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Nov 10, 2015, 11:05 AM

The media in this interview are low class as you can get. Raekwon is a class act and the media there should be embarrassed that a 20 year old is more mature than they are.

Nov 10, 2015, 12:22 PM

Like I said in another reply, most OSU fans hate the Columbus media too.

Tim May, the main OSU Football writer for the Columbus Dispatch, is the guy standing behind Raekwon with the southern accent leading the way with the ridiculous questions. He takes any opportunity to take shots at any southern school (mostly the SEC) which the OSU fans loved at first but it got old real quick. We're more concerned with Michigan State and Harbaugh coaching our rival.

Nov 10, 2015, 8:11 PM

poor kid had to deal with those cringeworthy questions.

Hope we meet again.

Nov 10, 2015, 8:19 PM

Urban put y'all on top pretty quick. I hope rankings remain the same. We beat ND and you beat Alabama and we meet. It would be a great game

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic