Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: President Trump gives personal scouting report on Trevor Lawrence
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 61
| visibility 1

TNET: President Trump gives personal scouting report on Trevor Lawrence

Aug 15, 2020, 8:25 PM

President Trump gives personal scouting report on Trevor Lawrence

President Donald Trump and Clemson quarterback Trevor Lawrence spoke this week about the matter of college football being played in 2020. Trump and Lawrence wou Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: President Trump gives personal scouting report on Trevor Lawrence

Aug 15, 2020, 8:30 PM

MODS, please put this in the correct Forum

thanks..

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So POTUS speaking favorably of TL and in favor...

Aug 15, 2020, 8:37 PM

...of playing football this fall is in the wrong forum? Help me with that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: So POTUS speaking favorably of TL and in favor...

Aug 15, 2020, 8:45 PM

I think he is making fun of mask-wearers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh, the humanity...

Aug 15, 2020, 9:00 PM

...just look at these asinine quotes.

"A great, great talent at quarterback"

"He's an incredible quarterback from an incredible school, Clemson"

"He's a great young man and they want to play football."

My goodness, such political and divisive comments. Have no idea how I sleep at night.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: Oh, the humanity...

Aug 15, 2020, 9:05 PM

He is using Lawrence and Clemson as a political prop.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, that's it. Or perhaps...

Aug 15, 2020, 9:55 PM

...he has respect for TL's message and supports a fall season as TL does. Has that occurred to you? Or is it just a political thing for you with no point of return at this point?

Re: Yes, that's it. Or perhaps...

Aug 17, 2020, 8:30 AM

It's always political to them. Even when it's good for Clemson. Never thought I'd ever see a Clemson fan see the POTUS mentioning a player or the University as a bad thing simply because they don't like who the President is. I'd be proud if Obama mentioned Clemson...even though I despise that Communist.

Aug 15, 2020, 10:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Oh, the humanity... ]

I am so tired of seeing posts from these folks who cannot see anything having to do with Trump, without making some snide remark in an attempt to show how woke and enlightened they are. I think it's cool as heck that our QB spoke with the president and that the president publicly made the remarks that he did about Trevor and about Clemson afterward. I would have been tickled if Obama had done it when he was president, and I could not stand Obama. This is a great thing for our university, and I am looking forward to watching Trump win in a landslide in November and shut these morons up. Rant over.

Message was edited by: Greenboaz®

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well said!***

Aug 16, 2020, 12:44 AM

Re: Well said!***

Aug 17, 2020, 8:22 AM

This!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds pretty snowflakish

Aug 16, 2020, 4:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Oh, the humanity... ]

And regardless of what happens in November, you think that's going to "shut these morons up?"

Good luck with that.

I'll be here for the next 4 years, regardless of what happens, to remind everyone that we elected a dumb, fat, sociopath to the office of president. At this point, I don't expect some of you deplorables to understand that he doesn't give a #### about you. But I will remain amused as that lack of self-awareness.

Joe Biden... now HE truly cares about me.

Aug 17, 2020, 1:28 AM

I mean look at his record after 47 years. Just look at his looong list of accomplishments. Like, well, you know.. the thing, you know what I mean. Come on man! Anyway, the world is a better place because of Joe Biden, especially for all the great things he and Barack "stop systemic racism" Obama achieved in their 8 year run. Isn't that right?

Say what you want about Obama...

Aug 17, 2020, 1:12 PM

I remember his big scandals were saluting with a Starbucks in his hand, wearing a tan suit, oh and having dijon mustard on his burger!!!! The nerve!!!

I miss having a president who wasn't a world-wide embarrassment every time he speaks and who the Russians actually don't like.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 17, 2020, 8:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Oh, the humanity... ]

And it's always the same snarky bunch who think they are sooooo clever. They know who they are. No substance ever...just jabs and sarcasm.

Actually, you are using him as a political prop***

Aug 16, 2020, 7:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Oh, the humanity... ]

Re: Actually, you are using him as a political prop***

Aug 16, 2020, 9:42 PM

keep voting democrats then who you gonna call ...unbelievable

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually, you are using him as a political prop***

Aug 16, 2020, 7:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Oh, the humanity... ]

Aug 16, 2020, 1:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Oh, the humanity... ]

mods, move this clown to a Big10 forum.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 16, 2020, 9:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Oh, the humanity... ]

jazz can you get out of your own way....####

Aug 17, 2020, 5:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Oh, the humanity... ]

"He is using Lawrence and Clemson as a political prop."

Man you have a problem...Maybe a doctor (of some kind) can help?

Aug 19, 2020, 12:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Oh, the humanity... ]

Right.

Because no President has ever invited like, some cool celebrity, like, to the White House to give a private performance.

I remember Obama "using" Beyonce as a prop, among lots of others, and Bill Clinton using Celine Dion and others....

Funny, but when Trump talks, he's not nearly as arrogant and bombastic as his media critics portray him to be.

Aug 16, 2020, 2:09 AM [ in reply to Oh, the humanity... ]

He says this exact quote about everybody and everything. It's like a broken record. There is no depth to it. It was meaningless. He did do it it for political reasons. I am so tired of Trump. And we he tried to stoke another birther conspiracy with Harris that is the last straw. He is tearing apart the country.

Aug 16, 2020, 7:30 AM

Trump trying to destroy the country? All I see is everyone who has said Trump is going to destroy the country doing the destroying.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 16, 2020, 1:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Oh, the humanity... ]

you have anything positive to say? its positive time, other than that #### or go watch the Big10 or PAC-12... they President of the United States reached out to the quarterback of the Clemson Tigers, had a conversation with him, that we don't know the contents of, and you gotta throw down some crappy TDS comment? It's awesome that POTUS wants to play, I want to play ... its time to get back to it.

Aug 16, 2020, 9:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Oh, the humanity... ]

YOU a Marine or a #####

Trump knows as much about football

Aug 15, 2020, 8:51 PM [ in reply to So POTUS speaking favorably of TL and in favor... ]

as he knows about science, foreign policy, and the proper role of the DOJ - which is to say, NOTHING.

Didn't know the president needed to be a scientist.....

Aug 15, 2020, 9:49 PM

..but hey I'm willing to learn..:)...

Re: Didn't know the president needed to be a scientist.....

Aug 16, 2020, 2:11 AM

He needs to listen to scientists and have an understanding of what they say. That is why the US has screwed up the Covid response.

Aug 16, 2020, 1:23 PM

Your response shows your mass ignorance of the US response to COVID. What was the policy of the United States Federal Government? Any ideas? Let me help:

1. locally executed,
2. state managed, and
3. federally supported

exactly the correct approach.

So what part of the federal support are you unhappy with?

Which scientists should he listen to? The ones for lockdowns or the ones against lockdowns. The ones for HcQ or the ones against HcQ? The ones for masks or the ones against masks? What data should we use? CDC, you know the place full of "scientists" and "doctors", they cant figure anything out either? Fauci? he changes his mind about once a week.. remember alllllllll the way back to March when Fauci not once but twice said there was nothing to worry about? This is THE epidemiologist in the US, 50 year government guy... then he's also the same guy who said we need to flatten the curve, remember him? The same guy that said we don't need to wear masks... mostly because (as it turns out) we were so dismally underprepared at every level for the amount of PPE required. Testing? hahahahahahahahahaha, we test the crap out of this country.... what don't we have? "Scientists" who can take the testing data and come out with comprehensive cohesive use of the data. Models? Yeaaaaaaa the guy from Washington State and his super duper model... funded by the Gates Foundation... couldn't get much more wrong than that thing did... garbage in garbage processed and garbage out...

lastly, 43% or more of deaths came from people in Assisted Living, Nursing Homes, by Governors (that's the number 2 bullet above) who made essentially criminal decisions to mandate the return positive patients to those homes. Not sure how that has anything to do with POTUS, who argued against it publicly. In NYC that was done while the federal government had provided a Hospital Ship and Field Hospital that combined had less than 200 patients, what 38 on the Hospital Ship? At great cost to the country they did this. So the Governor and Mayor could decide not to use the facilities but shove these high risk patients back into the Nursing Homes.

So Mr Rocket Scientist yourself what exactly would you have done on a national scale that wasn't done already?

Aug 16, 2020, 8:15 PM

JPF16, you're spot on! Had President Trump ignored Fauci and the scientists all together, there would be no testing at all, the number of Covid-19 cases in the US would be zero, and the pandemic would still be a hoax. MAGA brother!

Don't waste your time...

Aug 17, 2020, 1:06 PM

The Don could shoot someone on 5th ave, call a global pandemic a hoax, dismantle the pandemic team, say it will "just go away", suggest injecting Clorox, tweet "liberate state xyz", etc etc etc. And this little cult would defend him until the end.

Can't even believe I writing this about a US president. Wow.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude, are you serious? My response was a 1 line joke....

Aug 20, 2020, 9:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Didn't know the president needed to be a scientist..... ]

..and you wrote an 800 word response? Maybe it's you that's not only ignorant but also lacks a sense of humor....

Aug 16, 2020, 9:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Didn't know the president needed to be a scientist..... ]

IF YPUR SCARED GET IN MY POCKET.........JEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZ

Please list out the things Dr. Fauchi and rhe advisory team

Aug 17, 2020, 1:33 AM [ in reply to Re: Didn't know the president needed to be a scientist..... ]

said we should do that Trump didn't do.

Is Nancy still game for dancing in Chinatown with no mask?

The US hasn't screwed up the covid response, at all.

Re: Trump knows as much about football

Aug 16, 2020, 12:50 PM [ in reply to Trump knows as much about football ]

You need to do a little research as it seems that Trump might know a little about football.
Per Wikipedia: "1985, the USFL voted to move from a spring to a fall schedule in 1986 to compete directly with the NFL. This was done at the urging of New Jersey Generals majority owner Donald Trump and a handful of other owners as a way to force a merger between the leagues."
Per MaxPreps: "Although he didn't play any sports in college, Trump played high school baseball and football at New York Military Academy (Cornwall-on-Hudson, N.Y.) and was even scouted by the Phillies and Red Sox, according to various reports."

Here, I'll help you...

Aug 15, 2020, 9:02 PM [ in reply to So POTUS speaking favorably of TL and in favor... ]
TDS.jpg(135.5 K)

Re: Here, I'll help you...

Aug 15, 2020, 9:22 PM

There is not enough wine in the world to help me unsee that picture.

Isn't that the truth***

Aug 16, 2020, 9:29 PM

Trevor

Aug 15, 2020, 9:22 PM [ in reply to Here, I'll help you... ]

Was faster than the guys guarding Him! Maybe coach Brownell needs to sign TL up .

Gottem

Aug 15, 2020, 9:30 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: President Trump gives personal scouting report on Trevor Lawrence ]

The Juan’s are lining up

Aug 16, 2020, 8:18 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: President Trump gives personal scouting report on Trevor Lawrence ]

OMG, you are the SNOWFLAKE of snowflakes. Please, before your head explodes, find a safe place!

You are, without a doubt, out of your freakin' mind.

Shall we assume that you're OK with Joementia trying to take credit for the Israel-UAE peace accord?

Thank GOD you're democrat. Your anger, vulgarity and narrow mindedness are a perfect fit for that dumpster fire party! Good for you.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 17, 2020, 5:12 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: President Trump gives personal scouting report on Trevor Lawrence ]

Oh boy, an endorsement by Trump may cause Trevor the Heisman. That award/trophy is already political.

This is so cool!

Aug 15, 2020, 9:23 PM

Everyone here, regardless of political persuasion, should appreciate this!

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: This is so cool!

Aug 15, 2020, 9:28 PM

Yes it is. The president of the United States just gave big compliments to your football program and university.

Thanks Kanye! Very cool!***

Aug 15, 2020, 9:47 PM [ in reply to This is so cool! ]

Aug 15, 2020, 9:28 PM

Yep

...... "from an incredible school, Clemson"

Aug 15, 2020, 9:32 PM

Dang! First I have heard of that!

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

speaking of president trump his brother passed away tonight

Aug 15, 2020, 10:44 PM

https://twitter.com/greta/status/1294823511312171009

Re: speaking of president trump his brother passed away tonight

Aug 16, 2020, 10:08 AM

Love him or hate him--I'm in neither camp-- he is still the President of our country. Every single thing he does isn't wrong nor necessarily political. Just watch, there will be multiple people chirping that they only wish the President had died instead of or along with his brother, which shows how sick some folks are.That probably won't occur on this site, but it will occur. I voted Conservative Party in 2016. Trump has been under siege since before he was inaugurated. Agencies of our own government were spying on his campaign and there was an effort to take him down. He has done a lot of things that I approve of while at the same time spouting off without thinking. He was my last choice among the Republican primary candidates in 2016 and I was worried that he wasn't conservative enough. He has exceeded my expectations on policy while not meeting my expectations in growing in the demeanor most presidents show. The man is a big sports fan. He likes Clemson. What's the problem with TL and the President talking?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 16, 2020, 1:57 PM [ in reply to speaking of president trump his brother passed away tonight ]

Robert sued, on behalf of Donald and other Trump family members, such as sister Mary Anne, to stop publication of their niece Mary's book. The suit was promptly dismissed by the court.
In that book, Mary recounts how Donald and his then wife (1st? 2nd?) went to the movies while his older brother Fred Jr. was left to die alone in the hospital.
What a great family.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ClemTigs

Aug 16, 2020, 2:01 PM [ in reply to speaking of president trump his brother passed away tonight ]

I think that his brother was a severe alcoholic. From the stories I have read, he didn’t have the drive to push the Trump empire to the level his father Fred expected and Donald got the job. I’m not sure the two brothers were very close. I think there was some resentment from the older brother than Donald was his dads favorite and this didn’t help his battle with alcohol. Books have been written about the start of this empire and how it all came to be but many of you would not enjoy the true story!

Aug 16, 2020, 12:04 PM

Hopefully he can get COVID and TL to end WWII again like the Spanish flu did in 1918!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 16, 2020, 12:14 PM

now trevor can have bone spurs....ygh

trump please stop this USING anyone you pretend to love for political reasons....

if trevor changes his mind, he'll instantly become trash...lol

Aug 16, 2020, 3:59 PM

I dit not vote for Trump to be my moral leader. I voted for him to rebuild America. This is what he did. This China virus derailed the greatest economy I have seen in my 71+ years of life. Any one remember Jimmy Carters years? 17 - 20% interest rates to buy anything. Waiting in loog lines to get a quarter tank of gasoline.Our military could not free the Iran hosrages Lost lives trying. Oboma gave Iran almost a half trillion US dollars.Money likely used to fire missels at our troops in Afganastan
.I served 6 years in the US Navy. I would go back to fight again for this country. Would you?

Aug 16, 2020, 8:24 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: President Trump gives personal scouting report on Trevor Lawrence ]

do you have an intelligent comment, becasue the last one was ignorance personified...

Who asked Trump the question about his conversation with TL?

I hope Trevor told him they expect more than hamburders this

Aug 16, 2020, 5:30 PM

year. Though I doubt Donald will be there to serve them this time.

Re: I hope Trevor told him they expect more than hamburders this

Aug 16, 2020, 5:38 PM

If “Donald” is not re-elected you might feel lucky to get a hamburger in a couple years.

Aug 16, 2020, 5:40 PM

Yeah maybe President Biden would reinstate the pandemic team and have us prepared for the next one. That would be a travesty.

Aug 16, 2020, 9:48 PM [ in reply to Re: I hope Trevor told him they expect more than hamburders this ]

OR A COP TO COME TO HELP..........VOTE DEM IF YOUR STUPID......

Aug 17, 2020, 12:55 PM

It's amazing how many people can still try their absolute hardest to be "level headed" and say I am just happy he spoke to the president, or the opposite and say how could he talk to that man, then proceed to inject their personal politics into their comment. Stop stirring things up and just stick to football and community building on here. Go rant on Fox news or CNN, I am sure they would welcome your comments. It is great that he was able to speak to a president. That is an honor. It is irrelevant to the start of football or that Clemson is a great school or not. As an alum, I am feel privileged to be a part of the Clemson family. How about we keep it at that. I miss the days where people banded together on here and worked to not be divided and only bashed Carolina. Maybe they can get somewhere again so we can have them to talk about instead.

Aug 17, 2020, 12:55 PM

It's amazing how many people can still try their absolute hardest to be "level headed" and say I am just happy he spoke to the president, or the opposite and say how could he talk to that man, then proceed to inject their personal politics into their comment. Stop stirring things up and just stick to football and community building on here. Go rant on Fox news or CNN, I am sure they would welcome your comments. It is great that he was able to speak to a president. That is an honor. It is irrelevant to the start of football or that Clemson is a great school or not. As an alum, I am feel privileged to be a part of the Clemson family. How about we keep it at that. I miss the days where people banded together on here and worked to not be divided and only bashed Carolina. Maybe they can get somewhere again so we can have them to talk about instead.

Replies: 61
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic