Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Offense creativity
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,525

Offense creativity

Jan 11, 2021, 9:03 PM

Is it just me or does Bama’s offense seem like it’s on a different level in terms of creativity this year? I know it helps to have a big O-line and WR’s that get open, but seems like Sark has just dialed it up.

Seems like our WR’s are never open. We have been fortunate to have elite level QB’s that can throw into tight windows.

I love Elliot, just hoping we make some off season adjustments. Not wanting to sell the car, just want to tweak the engine some.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Offense creativity

Jan 11, 2021, 9:06 PM

It would have helped matters to have our WR starters available for the season... That didn’t happen. Could be part of the root cause.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^agreed

Jan 11, 2021, 9:07 PM

I just like the way he gets Smith open in different ways

Jan 11, 2021, 9:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Offense creativity ]

Ross might have made a little bit of a difference.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jan 11, 2021, 9:08 PM

I thought/hoped we would take a page from the LSU passing attack in the Natty but no dice.

We don’t have much of that.

Jan 11, 2021, 9:09 PM

Of course, we haven’t needed it much in the last few years since we have just out-talented others most of the time.

I’ve heard all the justifications, including lack of OL talent, WR injuries, etc. Maybe there is some truth to that.

But regardless, we have to fix it. Not being able to score in the playoffs the last two years isn’t fun, since this is the age of offensive firepower in college football.

It’s also not acceptable, since we have some generational talent on offense, coached by a very well-compensated coaching staff.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

yep .. seems like we run

Jan 11, 2021, 9:23 PM

the same game plan every game no matter what defense we are facing

The injured receiver excuse is getting old...

Jan 11, 2021, 11:36 PM [ in reply to We don’t have much of that. ]

Yes Ross might would’ve made a difference but you knew from the start of the season you wouldn’t have him. Doesn’t Dabo like to say next man up? You still had Rogers, Williams, Powell, Spector, and Ajou. If you have key players injured maybe change the game plan to fit what you have.

Jan 11, 2021, 9:28 PM

We are way behind in offensive creativity. Both these teams show that.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2021, 9:42 PM

I’d actually argue that the Bama play calling is more basic than our own. It seems like every other play is a simple screen pass that goes for 10+ yards. Then after a few of those they’ll try one a little more ways down the field. Great blocking combined with athletics like Smith and Harris will make an OC look like a genius real fast.

Jan 11, 2021, 11:16 PM

The WR reverse moves in the backfield look to be effective and might be a good addition to TE's playbook.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,525
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic