Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So I heard today that Hospice Patients are being counted as
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

So I heard today that Hospice Patients are being counted as

Jul 16, 2020, 11:03 PM

Covid being the cause of death. They are not in Hospice care because of the Rona.

That ain't right.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So I heard today that Hospice Patients are being counted as

Jul 16, 2020, 11:20 PM

So you heard it?. Give it up. This is a serious virus that is way past these bumbling ,I heard it defensive BS reports!!

I agree it is a serious virus, but when the source is a

Jul 16, 2020, 11:53 PM

hospice pastor, then I kinda believe them.

So now a hospice pastor stating that he thinks

Jul 17, 2020, 1:13 PM

all patient deaths where he works are being counted as COVID deaths is evidence that it's fact, and that this occurrence is happening at many other places, thereby discrediting the true death rate?

And this knowledge is more reliable than the actual death rate published by the CDC and state governments?

Really?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: So now a hospice pastor stating that he thinks

Jul 17, 2020, 1:20 PM

Stuff like this is happening.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox35orlando.com/news/fox-35-investigates-questions-raised-after-fatal-motorcycle-crash-listed-as-covid-19-death.amp

I'm not claiming that the reporting is perfect

Jul 17, 2020, 1:27 PM

when it comes to COVID-19.

But taking an example of a death being incorrectly reported as a COVID death, and using that to suggest that it's a widespread problem, is risky.

It's sort of like saying that a racist white cop unjustifiably killed a black man, and therefore, we can't trust any white cops because they must be racist. No thank you.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I'm not claiming that the reporting is perfect

Jul 17, 2020, 1:39 PM

Well, you can't put down "stupid" as cause of death no matter how many coot cram into an outhouse.

Jul 17, 2020, 7:03 PM [ in reply to I'm not claiming that the reporting is perfect ]

But taking an example of a death being incorrectly reported as a COVID death, and using that to suggest that it's a widespread problem, is risky.

It's sort of like saying that a racist white cop unjustifiably killed a black man, and therefore, we can't trust any white cops because they must be racist. No thank you.

It is a wide spread problem. Not sure why you can’t admit it. Does not mean the virus is not serious to those with certain pre existing conditions. Both can be true but some seem afraid to admit anything which does not credit the virus with being the worst thing ever.

Jul 17, 2020, 7:03 PM [ in reply to I'm not claiming that the reporting is perfect ]

It is a wide spread problem. Not sure why you can’t admit it. Does not mean the virus is not serious to those with certain pre existing conditions. Both can be true but some seem afraid to admit anything which does not credit the virus with being the worst thing ever.

Jul 17, 2020, 7:04 PM [ in reply to I'm not claiming that the reporting is perfect ]

Jul 17, 2020, 7:04 PM [ in reply to I'm not claiming that the reporting is perfect ]

Jul 17, 2020, 1:24 PM [ in reply to So now a hospice pastor stating that he thinks ]

You can’t be so obtuse to believe ALL deaths attributed to Covid are actually Covid deaths can you? There is a percentage of gaming going on here and I think we all know it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Of course I don't believe that it's a perfect system.

Jul 17, 2020, 1:30 PM

But surely you can't be so obtuse to believe that incorrectly reported COVID deaths are so significant and so widespread that we shouldn't trust the general death rate being reported.

If you're going to be so stringent about this, then surely you can also allow for the fact that there are people who have died from COVID who aren't being classified as COVID deaths.

Re: Of course I don't believe that it's a perfect system.

Jul 17, 2020, 4:53 PM

When all deaths except obvious car crashes, suicides and the like are tested for Covid I’ll keep leaning on my obtuseness.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Of course I don't believe that it's a perfect system.

Jul 17, 2020, 7:11 PM [ in reply to Of course I don't believe that it's a perfect system. ]

I guess you know that in the state of Illinois that all deaths where the deceased had tested positive for Covid are ruled as a Covid death. So if you were crossing the street after walking home from your covid test and were hit by a bus and killed you would be counted as a covid death.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think he posted any of that

Jul 17, 2020, 1:54 PM [ in reply to So now a hospice pastor stating that he thinks ]

He simply posted that he trusts the word of this pastor.

It really isn't different than trusting the word of CNN, fox, espn, or the googoo gazette

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jul 17, 2020, 2:05 PM [ in reply to So now a hospice pastor stating that he thinks ]

all patient deaths where he works are being counted as COVID deaths is evidence that it's fact, and that this occurrence is happening at many other places, thereby discrediting the true death rate?

And this knowledge is more reliable than the actual death rate published by the CDC and state governments?

Really?

Judge, surely you don’t believe everything Federal and State Governments “report”, do you? Follow the MONEY..........................................................,,

Jul 17, 2020, 7:23 PM [ in reply to So now a hospice pastor stating that he thinks ]

I dont think the original post made claim that it was an absolute statistical fact. It is certainly anecdotal, however I think there have been enough anecdotal reports and credible challenges to the numbers put forth by govmnt and hospitals to treat the numbers with some speculation. There are certainly incentives to do so as some have cited on this thread (political, monetary, etc). Im not suggesting that the virus is not a significant threat and shouldn’t be treated as such, just that gov agencies don’t necessarily have a great track record of being right all the time, and it isn’t out of line to question them.

Jul 17, 2020, 6:49 PM [ in reply to Re: So I heard today that Hospice Patients are being counted as ]

It is true. My girlfriend does hospice. She is a nurse practitioner and I can confirm this is true. So before you talk crap make sure you know what you are talking about. Yes there is a virus that is deadly to some people. It is all a crock of ####. The numbers are not even close

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Working today as the hospital emergency response guy

Jul 17, 2020, 7:22 PM

I don't think it's a crock of #### at all. I see people die from COVID everyday I'm here. I got swabbed last week for potential exposure (negative).
I watch people self prone and hope to stay off the ventilator. Our basic med surg unit has at least 5 pts right now who are on 40L and 100% oxygen and are unmonitored bc our other beds are full (not of just covid). Our tele monitored unit has at least another 10-15. Our ICU has at least 10 on the vent.
Just sayin. Numbers here are legit. And we do EVERYTHING possible to keep people off the vent.
Not a crock of #### at all.
It's also ok to acknowledge not every part of the country is experiencing the same thing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jul 16, 2020, 11:21 PM

Heard santa claus is selling swamp land in Florida.

Jul 16, 2020, 11:22 PM

I heard Anna Nicole married for love.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Still got the shovel."***

Jul 17, 2020, 12:22 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "Still got the shovel."***

Jul 17, 2020, 1:26 AM

Good coffee?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 17, 2020, 2:07 PM [ in reply to Re: So I heard today that Hospice Patients are being counted as ]

Shooter, The Movie.

Jul 17, 2020, 2:07 PM [ in reply to Re: So I heard today that Hospice Patients are being counted as ]

Shooter, The Movie.

Jul 17, 2020, 7:06 PM

Oh yea!

It's a known fact that some have tested the system, got in

Jul 16, 2020, 11:50 PM

line for a covid test, registered for the test, exited the line to never take the test, and a few days later received a positive test result.

Re: It's a known fact that some have tested the system, got in

Jul 17, 2020, 7:28 PM

How is that a known fact?

When money's involved, anything can happen that can happen

Jul 17, 2020, 12:12 AM

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/04/24/fact-check-medicare-hospitals-paid-more-covid-19-patients-coronavirus/3000638001/

Re: When money's involved, anything can happen that can happen

Jul 17, 2020, 1:26 AM

That will cause Medicare to start refusing to pay for ventilators, and watch the covid-19 death toll go way up bc hospitals screwed the old and retired folks out of their ventilator coverage bc of their pure filthy greed!!! Those doing chit like that should be put under the jail, but they will get slapped on the wrist and told a better way to scam the medicare bank!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When money's involved, anything can happen that can happen

Jul 17, 2020, 1:01 PM

Did you read the article or just the headline?

Jul 17, 2020, 12:38 PM

I think you need to say where your heard that or it feels like you are just making it up like the dude in St Louis saying "rumor is we're about to be indicted". He just can't let go of his fifteen minutes of fame.

Jul 17, 2020, 12:41 PM

"some people say.."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I heard that if you have terminal cancer and you are

Jul 17, 2020, 1:50 PM

killed in an ambulance on the way to the hospital, you are listed as having died from injuries sustained in a car crash. That ain't right......said no one....ever....until this idiotic thread.

Related story -

Jul 17, 2020, 3:53 PM

I just read an obituary from a HS classmate of mine. Draw your own conclusion:

_____ _____ passed away Thursday evening the 9th of July 2020, at the age of 61 in Jacksonville, Florida after a lengthy battle with cancer he lost his life to the Covid virus.

There are no “Covid deaths”.

Jul 17, 2020, 6:44 PM

Positive tests could be reported as an underlying condition at the time of death, but never the cause. It’s legitimate to report it as such for hospice patients.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvss/coronavirus/Alert-2-New-ICD-code-introduced-for-COVID-19-deaths.pdf

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 17, 2020, 9:11 PM

I heard most of you on here are good little sheep who give lots of wool when asked for it. You people need to wake up before its too late. You may like the government telling you what to do but I do not and will not fall for this group control experiment.

Jul 17, 2020, 9:18 PM

What is the group control experiment

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 18, 2020, 4:38 PM

Getting everyone to do what the government wants and using this virus as the reason. Yes there is a virus but there is no pandemic or world record deaths. it's all numbers manipulation that most idiots in America fall for. Keep grazing those pastures because the government will give you free grass. SHEEP that is what this country has become. Does anyone have a ####### brain anymore? I already know the answer to that.

I haven't heard of one death report outside covid...

Jul 17, 2020, 9:40 PM

other than hundreds of murders happening.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#Landfill***

Jul 18, 2020, 4:40 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic