Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Notre Dame's Future Plans?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,184

Notre Dame's Future Plans?

Dec 16, 2020, 9:48 AM

Does new Commish Phillips lean hard on ND to become fully pregnant and join the ACC in all sports?

Does Phillips really have any leverage as long as ND has the NBC contract?

If they don't join fully, do we blow off our future scheduled games with ND? I believe we go back up there in 2022? Probably not, as it's a good win and an ok close loss potentially.

Should they go back to their plan of ACC football interruptus, dipping in and out of the ACC, would the ACC let them be eligible for the ACC Football Championship in 10-15 years when the next Chinese person gets a powerful hankering for some bat stew or pangolin on the half shell?

I would like ND football in the ACC permanently, but with the likelihood that the playoffs expand to 8 teams sooner than later, ND probably opts to stay "unaffiliated?"

Thoughts?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Put the hunchbacks in the Big Ten where they belong

Dec 16, 2020, 9:52 AM

Screw'em in the ACC

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unless something weird happens, ND will never join the ACC

Dec 16, 2020, 9:58 AM

Accept it and move on. Not much use in speculating any more. They needed the conference this year, but it was just a convenient fling for a few nights for them. Nothing more.

If their AD proposed joining, alumni and boosters would be calling for his head on a pike. He knows that.

Re: Notre Dame's Future Plans?

Dec 16, 2020, 10:00 AM

The value of our TV contract went up when ND agreed to a partial membership. Regardless of your emotional response ND is not gonna be kicked to the curb or forced into a full membership before they are ready.

Dec 16, 2020, 10:05 AM

Bring ND in as a full time member and add coastal carolina as the 16th team.

Dec 16, 2020, 10:10 AM

Does new Commish Phillips lean hard on ND to become fully pregnant and join the ACC in all sports? NO

Does Phillips really have any leverage as long as ND has the NBC contract? NO

If they don't join fully, do we blow off our future scheduled games with ND? NO

Should they go back to their plan of ACC football interruptus, dipping in and out of the ACC, would the ACC let them be eligible for the ACC Football Championship in 10-15 years when the next Chinese person gets a powerful hankering for some bat stew or pangolin on the half shell? YES

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i Cannot imagine

Dec 16, 2020, 10:16 AM

The Irish joining the ACC or any other conference. They like being unaffiliated and with their personal tv contract there is no solid reason for them to change. I think it was a profitable move for them AND the conference to play this year as a member because it has kept the league in the spotlight all season. Not so much for the BIG and others!
If ND wasn’t eligible to play in the championship game Saturday who would be the Tigers opponent?
The game Saturday is so very important for the Tigers that I expect a stellar performance from our team. You know Dabo and his staff will be in top form as they prepare for this BIG game. You may see the front line guys play much of this game regardless of the score!

Only Helps Us playing Notre Dame**

Dec 16, 2020, 10:38 AM

Playing Notre Dame,Georgia, Oklahoma,LSU,and other P5 schools always will be a plus for Clemson -- play ""tha' Big Boys"" and win,puts you in the spotlight,year round -- look at the recruits signing up today to play for ""Little Ol' Clemson"" --- these guys grew up watching Clemson bring home the ""Championship Trophies"" -- Go Tigers !!!

Not sure it's as simply as join/don't join at the moment

Dec 16, 2020, 10:39 AM [ in reply to i Cannot imagine ]

The NBC details are foreign to me, but they likely can't be ignored.

Not front and center to most, in all likelihood, but don't discount the value of the ACC rolling ND into the conference mix this year. That has proven, beyond any other measure, to be the vehicle that has given the Irish credibility and, most of all, a legitimate schedule. Despite their B1G affiliation, not even tOSU can say that.

Suffice to say, being independent was very painful for programs...matched only by conference arrogance suggesting they (B1G) knew how to handle Covid response (don't play...ok...maybe play...heck yeah, play...our 6 count more than your 8, 9, 10!) than any others...to the point they lack credibility (in sane circles) and an unremarkable 'body of work'. All paints look pretty nestled on the palette...but on canvas, another perspective emerges.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2020, 10:37 AM

The only way I would feel good about them coming in is when after we beat them soundly this weekend, they ask to come in. Otherwise they can just go away.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,184
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic