Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Still waiting for the racism part
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

Still waiting for the racism part

Apr 5, 2021, 12:26 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Still waiting for the racism part

Apr 5, 2021, 12:30 PM

I think they are saying the cop who was on his neck was racist. Who know if he is though?

Apr 5, 2021, 12:33 PM

Apr 5, 2021, 12:52 PM

I think partially. I think overall it was that another black person died from what they perceive from excessive force from an officer.

Apr 5, 2021, 1:00 PM

Apr 5, 2021, 1:02 PM

I read that they are 3 times more likely. There some obvious reasons for that though imo.

Apr 5, 2021, 1:08 PM

Apr 5, 2021, 1:12 PM

That's why I said there are reasons in most cases. Part of the problem though is the history of how black people have been abused. I am sure it is way better, but it wasn't that long ago. Luckily there are dash cams, cell phones, etc now.

Apr 5, 2021, 1:20 PM

Apr 5, 2021, 1:26 PM

The events were happening not even that far back. Rodney King was 1991. Walter Scott was 2015. Those just happened to be caught on film. Cops have been using excessive force for decades. I don't agree with these modern riots, but there is a history. That's a huge factor.

Apr 5, 2021, 1:32 PM

Apr 5, 2021, 1:39 PM

I think it's just that some cops have been taking advantage of poor people for years. They used to be really easy to take advantage of.

Apr 5, 2021, 8:07 PM

Carlsbad, your line thinking is rooted in the liberal narrative.

It is very easy, and I have posted this before, to find that blacks commit violent crimes at a rate of 5 to 7 times that of whites. doj.gov has the data.

The per-capita rate of cop and black male interactions is even higher. Yes there are reasons. The main reasons stem from poverty, drugs, and associated crime and the fact that there are innocent people who surround all these non-violent and violent criminals who have a right to be protected. and the root cause of poverty, drugs, etc. are the liberal policies that keep blacks dependent. It is common sense.

People cannot simply cite stats like "there are more blacks in jail than whites, but blacks are only 15% of the population; therefore, there is racism." That is simply not true. In fact is it disingenuous and an outright lie.

You cannot fall into the trap of suggesting a few popularized instances of cop violence against blacks, most of which BTW are overwhelmingly not illegal and not racism (as shown by the cases that have gone to court) is how all cops treat all blacks. It's a lie and it does nothing to help the people the liberals purport to want to help.

Day after day, week after week, month after month the cops see the same thing. Over and over and over. Same neighborhoods. Sometimes same people, sometimes new people. Are the cops in a "rut" doing the same-old, same-old response? Maybe. But, as a cop, the fact that you did this last night and the night before does not make the personal threat to you any less tonight.

Apr 5, 2021, 8:16 PM

Nobody is saying there isn't more crime in poor black neighborhoods. There just has been a history of certain shady cops doing whatever they want in those neighborhoods.

I think we all talk past each other on this issue.

Apr 5, 2021, 1:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Still waiting for the racism part ]

More blacks are arrested, jailed, etc. With those arrests comes a greater chance of violence, whoever is at fault. Stats and examples can be quoted to show it.

It is also statistically true that once a confrontation has started, a white suspect has a slightly higher chance of being shot than a black suspect. That stat is rarely talked about.

So the real issue is not whether cops are racially motivated to use violence - if isolated down to that, the stats show 'no' - but whether there is a racist, as opposed to racial, component in who gets arrested in the first place. Start digging into that, and one starts to uncover factors neither blacks nor whites seem to want to talk about. So it's back to the 'racist cop' narrative, however unsupportable that might be.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 5, 2021, 4:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Still waiting for the racism part ]

Carlsbad you’re bipolar

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Isn't that a good thing?

Apr 5, 2021, 12:36 PM

It almost seems as if you're complaining, but I would view that as a good thing.

Re: Isn't that a good thing?

Apr 5, 2021, 12:38 PM

Definitely agree with that.***

Apr 5, 2021, 12:39 PM

I have no idea whether he's got racist attitudes

Apr 5, 2021, 1:02 PM

but this is a murder trial, not a racism trial.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well - Floyd's death has been widely reported as being due

Apr 5, 2021, 1:07 PM

to his skin color.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think that's exactly what was reported.

Apr 5, 2021, 1:42 PM

I think the reporting talked about the issue of black people being killed by cops as an ongoing problem, not that this cop was necessarily a racist. But maybe I didn't read the same articles you did.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The entire implication is that cops are racist - and that's

Apr 5, 2021, 2:36 PM

why they kill black arrest-resisting, bad check passing, drug addicts.

If it was believed Chauvin's act wasn't racist - then reasonable minds wouldn't have burned down Minneapolis over it...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have no idea whether he's got racist attitudes

Apr 5, 2021, 1:17 PM [ in reply to I have no idea whether he's got racist attitudes ]

Apr 5, 2021, 1:31 PM

I don't have a dog in the fight. He should be convicted if guilty, and acquitted otherwise.

If you say they're not doing a good job of making their case against him, I take your word for it.

Apr 5, 2021, 1:35 PM

Apr 5, 2021, 1:41 PM

I am not watching the trial, but supposedly the police chief is testifying against him.

Apr 5, 2021, 1:44 PM

Apr 5, 2021, 1:48 PM

I think it will be 2nd degree manslaughter.

Does resisting arrest increase the risk of a bad outcome?

Apr 5, 2021, 1:47 PM

Rodney King was mentioned above. He led police on a high speed chase while intoxicated. Then, the police asked him to get on the ground over and over. He kept walking towards them. They tasered him with 2 tasers. He eventually stood back up. This is AFTER the police asked him to get on the ground numerous times...AFTER a high speed chase. Would he have gotten his butt beat had he pulled his car over and cooperated when the first police car turned his police lights on?

Good advise: DO NOT RESIST ARREST!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No matter who you vote for, BUY AMERICAN...it's a vote for American jobs.

Re: Does resisting arrest increase the risk of a bad outcome?

Apr 5, 2021, 2:42 PM

It was a ludicrous beating. The could have easily just cuffed him.

https://abcnews.go.com/Archives/video/march-1991-rodney-king-videotape-9758031

Not that it matters - but someone who endangers others

Apr 5, 2021, 4:33 PM

by running from the cops while intoxicated should expect that they might get a ludicrous beating. I know I would.

Re: Not that it matters - but someone who endangers others

Apr 5, 2021, 4:36 PM

Yeah - I don't think that's a coincidence. When Biden and

Apr 5, 2021, 4:41 PM

Doc Rivers (I think) said white people don't have to tell their kids to keep their hands in sight on the wheel if they get stopped by the cops - I laughed. I absolutely told my sons that - and my father told me that...

Re: Yeah - I don't think that's a coincidence. When Biden and

Apr 5, 2021, 4:50 PM

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic