Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ESPN has a lot to do with why the SEC is recruiting so well.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,045

ESPN has a lot to do with why the SEC is recruiting so well.

Feb 5, 2013, 12:54 PM

Unfortunately, it is probably going to get worse.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not if teams from other conferences step up

Feb 5, 2013, 12:58 PM

Last year the SEC was way over-hyped, but us and FSU didn't help things when we both lost to teams we should've beated at the end of the year. The SEC came back down to Earth a little bit in bowl season, but Bama still won the MNC to make it like 7 years in a row that an SEC team has won it. So until some other teams step up and finish undefeated, then take down a possibly undefeated SEC team in the MNC, ESPN is going to keep promoting the conference and their rankings are going to be inflated.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: not if teams from other conferences step up

Feb 5, 2013, 1:25 PM

I don't think fsu got the message they should have beaten florida because that was pretty much a beat down.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DING DING!!! these kids watch ESPN alot!, and ESPN pushes

Feb 5, 2013, 1:03 PM

SE$ like they have a contract with them or something...oh wait .....and I would think the SEC has the largest fan base AND following of all conferences = $$$$$

Although I am all for Clemson getting out of Swofford's ACC

Feb 5, 2013, 1:08 PM

college football paradise I do not think this year is an indication it is only going to get worse for Clemson in recruiting. We may agree on other factors such as money and TV exposure. I think though, that Clemson can and will hold its on. Wins against SEC foes UGA and USuC will show that this year.

Recruiting has so many moving parts that any one thing can make or break if a recruit signs with you. In addition, Clemson is in the mix for some of the very best recruits in the nation. These 5 stars are hard to pull in for almost any team in Division I. Only like 10 or 15 schools may be ahead of Clemson in competing for the best of the best in the same way Clemson has done in the last 3 years. Would we be happier signing 3 stars we know are a lock or would you rather roll the dice against the top teams and try to get as many 5 stars as you can?

Clemson just needs to build on 21-6 and beat some more SEC teams like Auburn and LSU. UGA and USuC present great opportunities. Add to that an appearance in a BCS bowl and Clemson has a great story and opportunity to offer high level recruits. This year will not be unique. From now on, if Clemson is recruiting for the very best there will always be drama and last minute changes for and against the Tigers. As fans, we have to learn to accept that. Clemson will get its share.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Although I am all for Clemson getting out of Swofford's ACC

Feb 5, 2013, 1:52 PM

Preaching to the choir. The dumpers, coots and coot posers either won't or can't see the truth about our program through their emotional vail.

Carry on AThomas.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Of course they do.***

Feb 5, 2013, 1:27 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Duh!!! Theyve invested Millions...***

Feb 5, 2013, 1:54 PM

Not as much as ESPiN would like us to believe, though.

Feb 5, 2013, 2:02 PM

The most weighty factor that makes SEC recruiting so easy is that the SEC, like Clemson, is in the heart of the best recruiting grounds in the country, The Deep South. It's also notable that there's another school in our conference that handles the SEC pretty well in recruiting too, FSU.

ESPiN gives the SEC a little boost but it really doesn't hurt that much. Clemson handles itself well in recruiting despite the boost that ESPiN gives the SEC.

Clemson toppled one of the SEC's finest just a few weeks ago and moved toward where fate dictates we be.

The vail of emotions that disallows coots, coot posers such as yourself, and those who hate Dabo just shields their reason and logic toward the truth of this matter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,045
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic