Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Not going to happen
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,085

Not going to happen

Mar 13, 2016, 5:24 PM

But who would you pick for Clemson's next basketball coaches?
For men, I'd say Will Wade from VCU. Clemson ties. Did a terrific job at Chattanooga and plays the same style as Purnell and Shaka (fun teams to watch).
Brownell won't get fired this year, although I would think one more late-season collapse next year would seal the deal.
For women, I'd say Karl Smesko from Florida Gulf Coast. He's tremendous and some big program is going to realize that eventually.
This one should happen immediately. The women's program, once an ACC power, is not even competitive any more.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not going to happen

Mar 13, 2016, 5:30 PM

Maybe not, but he needs to be fired now. How we gave him a 6-year extension in 2014 is crazy! Smells like the crazy deal Oklahoma State gave Travis Ford and now they will probably fire him tomorrow with 3 years left on his contract and $3-4 million buyout. Brownell needs to go...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 13, 2016, 5:34 PM

Maybe not, but he needs to be fired now. How we gave him a 6-year extension in 2014 is crazy! Smells like the crazy deal Oklahoma State gave Travis Ford and now they will probably fire him tomorrow with 3 years left on his contract and $3-4 million buyout. Brownell needs to go...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd like to see Ed Cooley...

Mar 13, 2016, 5:38 PM

From Peovidence. Going to his third straight tourney, and his top assistant and recruiter is Jeff Battle who helped bring all those great recruits to Wake under Prosser and Gaudio.

I'd take a flyer on a young NBA guy

Mar 13, 2016, 5:41 PM

Would instantly boost recruiting. Eric Musselman is the guy I wanted awhile back. Singlehandedly brought LSU Ben Simmons before moving on to coach his own team.

Outstanding choice! Much better than the risky mid-major coaches others are suggesting.***

Mar 13, 2016, 5:56 PM [ in reply to I'd like to see Ed Cooley... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Mar 13, 2016, 6:02 PM

I have mixed emotions on this topic.I said after blowing the 18 point lead and losing to Tech
He should be fired.But I realized the situation that he is probably going to get another season especially with the renovations to LittleJohn.
Now in regards to a replacement ,a Shaka Smart guy is definitely what we need,but if Will Wade is more like Oliver Purnell,well he maybe fun to watch,but were the results any better?If that be the case,he would not be any better,imo.

I like Charles Barkley

Mar 13, 2016, 6:11 PM

Watching him on TV now ... he is hilarious, will be a great recruiter, and most important, will be a great motivator. Say what you will, the guy knows something about basketball.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I like Charles Barkley

Mar 13, 2016, 6:13 PM

You need to be the next troll to go

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Trolls For Charles Barkley ! Trolls For Barkley !

Mar 13, 2016, 6:22 PM

Lighten up Clemalum who used to be known as ClemTiger117 ... we ain't curing Cancer

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trolls For Charles Barkley ! Trolls For Barkley !

Mar 13, 2016, 6:40 PM

You have got to be the dumbest poster on the board.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Re: I like Charles Barkley

Mar 13, 2016, 7:10 PM [ in reply to I like Charles Barkley ]

He doesn't know anything about NCAA basketball. Have you watched the show with him today? Or him on the tournament coverage the past few years? Atrocious.

Matt McCall from Florida and Chatanooga.**

Mar 13, 2016, 6:13 PM

nmnm

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,085
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic