Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Qanon moves on to vaccine hesitancy & conspiracies
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 482

Qanon moves on to vaccine hesitancy & conspiracies

Mar 19, 2021, 10:12 AM

The big tent of conspiracies moves along, the qanon people are now on something called Telegram, with 100's of thousands of people in these groups, and their chatter is almost exclusively about vaccines now. When one conspiracy quietly dies, the locusts move on to the next thing.

Misinformation and conspiratorial thinking are infecting our culture, and propagated by social media. Social media will be the undoing of our society, and it's not just because of the impossible narcissism that it breeds, it will be because reality is no longer an objective and shared mutual understanding, it is fractured into little spheres of influence where everyone knows everything and expertise is just elitism.

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/qanon-anti-vax-covid-vaccine-conspiracy-theory-1125197/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2021/03/11/with-trump-gone-qanon-groups-focus-fury-attacking-covid-vaccines/

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Qanon moves on to vaccine hesitancy & conspiracies

Mar 19, 2021, 10:19 AM

Is there a website where Qanon publishes their conspiracy theories? I’m not really familiar with this group other than what I’ve read on this board. Curious to see what they’re publishing.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 19, 2021, 10:24 AM

The QAnon "drops" from the "real Q" happened on 4Chan or something like that. It would get picked up and circulated by "Q Influencers" on twitter, facebook groups, etc. Eventually what gets filtered down into people's social media feeds is often something as simple as the one lady in the mommy group that sells essential oils posting about hold pedophiles and child sex traffickers will pick off kids at Target.

So, to answer your question, there are places that lots, lots and lots, of people go to get this stuff straight from the source. The Q influencer accounts on Twitter had millions of followers. Much more difficult now that they are permabanned from basically all mainstream platforms, but they naturally find a way to congregate back together.

The more common scenario is that you see that one, or two, or handful of people that you know that will post stuff that they hear, or conspiracies they see on youtube vids, etc. Heck, people on this very forum are basically main-lining Q conspiracies here for everyone to see, even if they're not labelled as such.

Mar 19, 2021, 10:26 AM

Hard to believe anyone still believes that Q junk, especially since all of their other predictions never materialized.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 19, 2021, 10:29 AM

Yes, but that's the beauty of it. Outside of a few limited cases, predictions not coming to fruition doesn't force people to reconcile their beliefs with reality, excuses are made and the train moves on down the track to the next thing. It's a mindset, not any one particular belief.

Everyone I disagree with is QAnon! I believe literally every

Mar 19, 2021, 12:52 PM

single thing I see on TV!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I consider myself well-informed because...

Mar 19, 2021, 1:37 PM

I spout wild ideas and accusations with little-to-no actual evidence or reasoning or any grounding in reality. You guys are all rubes!"

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m sorry, hit a little close to home?

Mar 19, 2021, 2:38 PM [ in reply to Everyone I disagree with is QAnon! I believe literally every ]

Hope you land back in reality someday and we don’t all end up seeing your manifesto on the news.

Nope. I have never followed Q and always thought it was

Mar 19, 2021, 3:17 PM

crazy. However, I see your juvenile tactic here of trying to associate anyone who disagrees with you - who has obviously just swallowed everything the MSM has regurgitated into your pie hole - as some sort of crazy conspiracy theorist.

The government lies, we all know this. People who point this out are not crazy conspiracy theorists, and it's dishonest and really just sh*tty to try and paint them that way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nope. I have never followed Q and always thought it was

Mar 19, 2021, 3:22 PM

Speaking of regurgitating things you hear or see on youtube videos, why don't you tell us all again about how the COVID vaccines are "gene therapy," and how exactly it is you've come to that conclusion?

Mar 19, 2021, 2:41 PM

Heard they started a new one today: “no crisis at the border.”

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 482
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic