Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Yeargin to miss 2017 season
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

FB Update: Yeargin to miss 2017 season

Jun 5, 2017, 2:46 PM

Yeargin to miss 2017 season

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Next man up

Jun 5, 2017, 2:47 PM

Time for Kelly to step up.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Jun 5, 2017, 2:49 PM

yep

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2017, 10:25 PM

Good grief. The kid broke his neck and all you can say is next man up??? You pos

Jun 5, 2017, 10:55 PM

Probably not the right time to make that comment, but it really emphasizes the need for every player to practice like he will be "the guy". I hope Richard has a full and speedy recovery and comes back with a vengeance. Until then, however the next guy needs to show why he chose to be a Tiger and that he will carry the torch. Get well soon, Richard! We will miss you in the meantime.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 6, 2017, 4:55 AM

Ditto, couldn't have said it better myself... Get well and then pave the way to the NFL when your ready!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Jun 7, 2017, 10:16 AM

IMO, it surely is nice to have the quality depth that affords us just to reload with another quality guy when something like this happens. What a change since the days when Hatfield left us with a bare cupboard. The care to detail and the addition of quality players who can step right in and "play" is where AL has been and why they are perennially a factor. We now have that, too, and that is why I think we are a real factor in the upper echelon of college FB for a long time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prayers for Richard

Jun 6, 2017, 9:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Next man up ]

On a speedy recovery!

What are the rules about medical red shirting?

Jun 5, 2017, 2:51 PM

Since he has already redshirted his first season... is there any complication there?

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: What are the rules about medical red shirting?

Jun 5, 2017, 2:54 PM

I'm sure they will apply for medical hardship. He probably has a really good chance to be awarded another year of eligibility. Sounds like this wreck could have easily been fatal. Thankfully he's alive, can walk and function. Anything else is gravy on top.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Yeargin to miss 2017 season

Jun 5, 2017, 3:00 PM

Joe Mixon's favorite Tiger! ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let's Show Compassion

Jun 5, 2017, 3:17 PM

Tigernet fans, all hearts and comments should be for thankfulness that Yeargin's injury was not worse and that he will recover. Life transcends football, always. Keep this kind of news in perspective.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let's Show Compassion

Jun 5, 2017, 3:43 PM

Well said. My prayers go out for a speedy and complete recovery.

I haven't seen anyone not show compassion, FWIW.

Jun 5, 2017, 6:23 PM [ in reply to Let's Show Compassion ]

I don't really think our fans need a lecture on how to act when someone gets hurt.

Re: I haven't seen anyone not show compassion, FWIW.

Jun 5, 2017, 10:51 PM

I'll reiterate, since my response to this post seems to have been lost, you're wrong. Some fans do need reminding. Just read their posts. Blessings.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let's Show Compassion

Jun 5, 2017, 10:02 PM [ in reply to Let's Show Compassion ]

You are so right! This young man was my grandson's coach at Dabo Swinney Youth Camp a couple of years ago and I met him when the camp was over. He is one of the most polite and respectful young people you would ever hope to meet. We still follow him on Facebook. If Richard Yeargin is any indication of the kind of young men our coaches are bringing in the future is bright indeed- and I don't mean just football-wise.

Jun 5, 2017, 3:50 PM

Wishing you a full complete recovery very soon Richard. FB will be there when you get healthy again!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2017, 4:32 PM

Dang. Prayers for Richard. Too bad Pagano transferred. He would have started with Wilkins on the outside again, no?

Jun 5, 2017, 9:29 PM

No.

Dabo wants Wilkins to use his last year at Clemson to increase his draft position with scouts. He's an NFL DT, and not an NFL DE. They're making sure he gets as many reps as he can at DT this year.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeargin is a great player and we're going to miss him this

Jun 5, 2017, 4:39 PM

year. But just like Mike's injury in 2015, its next man up. Xavier Kelly will step into the role and play well as long as he can be safe on the moped.

Wow that really sucks. He was going to have a great year.****

Jun 5, 2017, 4:55 PM

Jun 5, 2017, 5:07 PM

My heartfelt appreciation to this young man! It is scary, no doubt. Take the advice of your doctor's, talk with your loved ones. You can be a beast. Study hard dude!

Jun 5, 2017, 9:22 PM

He's gonna have a monster year in 2018 and espn will air a special on him right before we kickoff the 2018 national championship game!

Next man up? How bout get a freaking life!!!!...

Jun 6, 2017, 12:30 AM

This young man was just in a serious car accident, which as the original article on this stated it could have been worse. Be glad that he will be able to recover and continue his football career. Next man up, ain't a freaking talking point in this situation. Some things are more important in life than about who is going to be in the DE rotation.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 6, 2017, 9:11 AM

God bless you Richard... we're all very thankful to hear that you're still with us. Chin up son, the return of #49 stars now! All my best on your recovery. And by yesterday's tweet, Honda will probably be writing you lifetime checks in a couple of years! Get well soon!

D A I\/I I\/I I T !!!!!!!!!!!!!!***

Jun 6, 2017, 11:39 AM

Losing a year of football eligibility is nothing

Jun 6, 2017, 11:42 AM

Compared to losing your life. I'm very happy he lived and will able to go through therapy to help him recover. Best wishes and my prayers to him and his family!

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic