Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Watson paints Columbia orange as Tigers go to 12-0 with win over Gamecocks
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

New Story: Watson paints Columbia orange as Tigers go to 12-0 with win over Gamecocks

Nov 28, 2015, 3:28 PM

Watson paints Columbia orange as Tigers go to 12-0 with win over Gamecocks

Clemson had Deshaun Watson and South Carolina didn’t. End of story, end of game. Top-ranked Clemson’s talented sophomore quarterback had another stellar effort and led a crucial fourth quarter scoring drive in Clemson’s 37-25 victory over South Carolina Saturday afternoon at Williams-Brice Stadium, helping ease the sting of three more turnovers that almost doomed the effort. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Watson paints Columbia orange as Tigers go to 12-0 with win over Gamecocks

Nov 28, 2015, 3:52 PM

Watson may have painted Columbia orange but the gamecock offense
had our defense seeing red,way to much red.
And if this trend continues,then the holes will make us blue.
Next week does not look very promising.

Re: New Story: Watson paints Columbia orange as Tigers go to 12-0 with win over Gamecocks

Nov 28, 2015, 4:04 PM

Come on leftie,NCState scored 41 on us and lost.The team with the most
points win.BTW,the coots beat the tarholes.Suck it up and get back in your
coop and lay some more eggs.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2015, 4:10 PM

Before you go telling someone to go back in the coop,and laying some more legs,
I just got off the phone with my cousin,an alumi,and my wife,also an alumi,and they agree with me.
And the coots didn't beat the tarholes,the tarholes beat the tarholes.

Nov 28, 2015, 4:58 PM

Ok,so your wife and your Cuz are coot Alumni and they agree
with you.So you all need to get back to laying dem eggs.

Nov 28, 2015, 5:10 PM

Classy

Nov 29, 2015, 9:12 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Watson paints Columbia orange as Tigers go to 12-0 with win over Gamecocks ]

Neither are coot Alumni.
In fact I suspect her cousin is more of a Tiger than you could ever hope to be.

Nov 28, 2015, 4:50 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Watson paints Columbia orange as Tigers go to 12-0 with win over Gamecocks ]

Oh, I get it, if your not on here pumping sunshine, and tell it like it is, your a coot. It's Rediculous that someone can't express the obvious, which is the defense continually lets our opponents back in the game by laying down after we get up big. Clemson was up 28-10 and laid down. Just like Notre dame. If they do that next week, they will lose. Which will suck because I am paying big bucks to be there.

Nov 28, 2015, 5:52 PM

Shut up dirt pec#er and get back in the chicken coop.

Message was edited by: irmotig®

Nov 28, 2015, 6:16 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Watson paints Columbia orange as Tigers go to 12-0 with win over Gamecocks ]

Yea, unfortunately our team has lacked the "killer instinct" in many games this year. There's been that moment in the game where our opponent is a little wobbly, and we should be able to knock them out of the game...and then we do something to let them back in it. We were in a position to put South Carolina out of the game at the end of the first half, and then we let them back in it. We had another opportunity at the end of the third quarter and once again let them back in it.

Nov 28, 2015, 4:17 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Watson paints Columbia orange as Tigers go to 12-0 with win over Gamecocks ]

While I love my tigers and will always support them, looked like the gamecocks got a little garnet on Clemson.

Nov 28, 2015, 4:59 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Watson paints Columbia orange as Tigers go to 12-0 with win over Gamecocks ]

Give it a rest , Cootie.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Nov 28, 2015, 4:06 PM

Ugliest win I've seen in a long time. But a W, is a W, is a W!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2015, 4:06 PM

Ugliest win I've seen in a long time. But a W, is a W, is a W!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2015, 4:08 PM

Sloppy, Can't beat UNC like that. Too many turnovers and giving up explosive plays on D. #need to fix it

Hate to say it....

Nov 28, 2015, 4:09 PM

But I really think CU took them for granite.

Watson paints Columbia orange as Tigers go to 12-0 with win over Gamecocks

Nov 28, 2015, 4:23 PM

The sweetest thing about today was the Gamecocks thinking that they were going to win and then snatching defeat from the jaws of victory because they suck! They only played two games all year--the opener against UNC and the closer against us. Congrats to the ##### for putting up a 3-9 record--reminds me of the good ol' days of Gamecock football...

Oh, and Boulware needs to get his head in the game and do HIS job, not everybody else's. Venables also needs to learn when to blitz and when not to--he is getting too many $$$ to be that dumb!

Re: Watson paints Columbia orange as Tigers go to 12-0 with win over Gamecocks

Nov 29, 2015, 7:45 AM

Boulware is a problem for sure. Rewatch the game and only watch him. He's a heck of a football player, and does a ton of the right things, but also doing too many wrong things. Needs to take a few more helpings of patience to go with the aggressiveness.

UMMM, 37-32. Nice job D.***

Nov 28, 2015, 4:38 PM

Nov 28, 2015, 5:15 PM

We could have blown them out easily to say idk why we didn't

Turn overseas hurt us.

Nov 28, 2015, 5:22 PM

But its good to get over that hump. We need to take UNC very seriously. Because our D has lost the chip on it's shoulder. They've got to hold UNC and limit big plays. They need the edge back. But bragging rights for another year.
GO TIGERS!!!!!

all your base are belong to us******

Nov 28, 2015, 5:23 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Turn overseas hurt us.

Nov 28, 2015, 6:11 PM [ in reply to Turn overseas hurt us. ]

In a weird way, I think it was good for us to struggle on defense. After we struggled against Syracuse, Venebles had the D's ear, and we took care of business against Wake. There is no doubt the D will be listening this week and take nothing for granted against the tarholes. With that said, I wish it didn't require a wake up call. But, we are 12-0, and coots remain where they belong. Crisis averted. Hostages saved. For a small donation, you can save a sofa. Every year hundreds of sofas are needlessly burned in cootlumbia.

Re: What the H_LL is wrong with the defense

Nov 28, 2015, 6:10 PM

First things first, a win is a win. My season is complete every time the Tigers beat the "lamecocks". I have seen many conference championships and have seen a National Championship for the Tigers. I understand those who are younger want to see more out of the Tigers. Now, back to the beginning. How in the world do you let a 3-9 team hang 402 net yards on you? How do you get gashed for big plays? This defense as of now reminds me of past defensive teams. This defense now has no identity. I see more talk than action. If any of the underclassmen think they are ready to leave for the NFL then think again. Don't give me any talk about this being a rivalry game. On talent alone the Tigers are head and shoulders above the "chickens". The defense relies on the offense to win a game. With this mindset the Tarheels will be hard to beat. They certainly have a better QB than SC and more talent. You can say that SC beat them in the first game but NC was the better team and turnovers cost them. Since then they are a team on fire and with the lack of will the Tigers have on defense any going forward will be short lived. Just being real and no one can say this defense scares any team lately. At this time I would drop the Tigers to number 5 and needing the ACC championship to get back to at least number 4. The desire to play for respect went away when they were placed at number 1. If anyone wants to see this season continue in a special way then I say the remainder of the year will rest with the defense.

Re: What the H_LL is wrong with the defense

Nov 29, 2015, 7:47 AM

UNC looked a bit like Clemson yesterday in their game - scoring a ton of early points and then average play. If Clemson would have brought that yesterday against SCAR, I think the outcome would have been much different. Boulware alone helped keep the ##### on the field so long in the first drive of the game.

Nov 28, 2015, 6:39 PM

Thank you Tigers, Deshaun, OL, and Defense.Every one of you brought it back home to Clemson. So proud of you guys. Study NC and lets get the ACC Championship. Go Tigers!!!!!!!

Defense when we get a good lead don't slack off... I know you guys played your hearts out. Keep focused. Go Tigers...you guys are good and I want to see you be great...you can do it...
I believe...All IN tigers...Be the team at the end of the game.

does anyone know what the penalty at the beginning of the 3rd

Nov 28, 2015, 7:43 PM

Was for?

Nov 28, 2015, 10:17 PM

Glad for the victory today! Offense looked really good except for the 3 fumbles but, the most alarming thing for me is giving up 400 yards on defense to a 3 win team??? If we are going to win next week and going to compete for a national championship in the playoffs after that the defense has got to get things figured out. Defense has to start playing for 60 minutes instead of the 30 or 45 minutes they have been playing lately. The other 3 teams alabama, oklahoma & iowa in the final four right now all can run the heck out of the ball and right now we are having huge problems trying to stop the run. Coach veneables get these boys focused for the task we have in front of us!!!

Go Tigers!!!!!!

Nov 28, 2015, 10:36 PM

UNC turned the ball over 3 times today as well but all of you only see what the Tigers did. Get out of your boxes and look around. They looked great early and turned the ball over and were out scored in the second half. So calm your #### horses. They have to play us just as much as we have to play them. We made it folks. They can't lose either just like we can't both teams will bring it 100%. Let's just spot the ball and go after it.

Nov 28, 2015, 11:01 PM

A win is a win but this win was embarrassing. No way in heck that a 3 win coot team should have made it that close with the Tigets. Tigers are the #1 team in the nation or at least they were, sure as heck didn't play like it.

The D had better pull their head out of their ### or the season will end next week as far as the CFP is concerned. Boulware especially needs to pull his head out of his ###, I watched several big plays for the coots that were the result of him being out of place or trying to make thr big hit instead of wrapping up for the tackle then having that lost look,when the coot didn't go down. ### do they not teach how to,tackle anymore? I know things are different now days but I would have the D running tackling drills all day today!

No way the Tigers beat OU or Bama playing the way they played today. Tigers have the talent to win it all but appear to have like St the edge they had. Pull your head out of your ### Tigers and play to your potential.

Nov 28, 2015, 11:13 PM

Chill out go coach then bro. I think Venables and co have said the same thing to them.

Tigers overran most of the Coot's big plays!

Nov 29, 2015, 7:59 AM

Our defense actually was so dominate on the defensive line we played like we were blitzing on just about every play and overran the coots by getting to upfield and then overrunning the ballcarrier! Boulware wasn't alone in that scenario. In the second half every other play was a jailbreak by the D! When we corralled them it was great, but it ended up working against us! Most of though the coots were going to quit and they never did, give them credit, but Deshaun Watson is special1

Nov 29, 2015, 7:49 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Watson paints Columbia orange as Tigers go to 12-0 with win over Gamecocks ]

Boulware needs some extra coaching this week.

DEAR COOT TROLLS

Nov 29, 2015, 10:29 AM

It is so funny how the coots love to tell us how weak the acc is and how strong the sec is. I honestly feel sorry for them. They don't even realize how bad it is about to get for them.

1) Your hero coach abandoned you and left you because he simply stated that he doesn't like to lose. (Reminding everyone first and foremost that he's not retiring though)
2) Your recruits are bailing
3) The only players that you have left are either going pro or thinking about transferring.
4) No coach in their right mind would go to Carolina to take over the dumpster fire.

What is happening in Columbia is a lot bigger issue than a coaching problem. This is a problem that has been in the making for several years. Carolina has Major issues that will take years to overcome.

Troll us all you want but you lost! Beat your chest while chanting sec all you want but you still suck. Every still shot I can find from the game shows one of your fans flipping our players off.

YOU HAVE NO CLASS FOR TREATING OUR FANS AND PLAYERS THE WAY YOU DID!

To the Carolina fans that didn't act like this i'm sorry for this rant and i'm not talking about you.
To the rest of you....
You deserve the losing records that you will have to endure for many years to come.

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic