Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Swinney says Deon Cain is going to be "a great pro"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

New Story: Swinney says Deon Cain is going to be "a great pro"

May 5, 2018, 8:59 AM

Swinney says Deon Cain is going to be "a great pro"

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney says it doesn’t matter that wide receiver Deon Cain was drafted in the sixth round. All that matters is that Cain is going to be a great pro.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh boy...

May 5, 2018, 9:02 AM

This outta be good

https://goo.gl/images/Lc9YW7

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Swinney says Deon Cain is going to be "a great pro"

May 5, 2018, 9:13 AM

DC can be a great NFL receiver, no doubt. He could been a great receiver for us too, but needed work on his hands, especially in contentious situations. Imo, the only thing holding DC back is himself. If he applies his gifts consistently to outbattle pro DBs he'll be considered a draft steal. So talented but under performer. Wish him the best.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He will be a great pro.

May 5, 2018, 9:20 AM

He would have been great this past year with a different offense/qb. Hopefully Luck gets healthy, because Cain will thrive with a healthy Luck.

May 5, 2018, 10:02 AM

He might be, with a lot of development. But not if he continues to run every route to the sideline and avoiding the middle of the field, and then put up a fight for the ball when he is targeted. It's no secret he didn't do that at Clemson.

Dabo nails it once again. Cain is the most underappreciated

May 5, 2018, 10:03 AM

Clemson football player in recent memory. His catch and long run ignited a stagnant offense in the win over Alabama. With limited experience at the position, his upside is very high. Too bad Dwayne Allen isn't still with them.

Looking forward to following his career.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo nails it once again. Cain is the most underappreciated

May 5, 2018, 10:47 AM

Cain made some big big plays but I think he underachieved a bit. No question he has the talent to be a great pro.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Orange Googlers Unite

Save Tigernet--Boot the coots(you know who I mean).

Re: Dabo nails it once again. Cain is the most underappreciated

May 5, 2018, 12:16 PM [ in reply to Dabo nails it once again. Cain is the most underappreciated ]

His dropped third down pass against Alabama was when the game went on a slide from which we never recovered. The guy was just not consistent. We will be a lot better off with guys like Tee Higgins on the field vs. Cain.

Appreciate and respect Dabo's comments on Cain

May 5, 2018, 11:13 AM

I suspect Dabo and Cain did not always see eye to eye last year, and Dabo still is projecting and pulling hard for Cain to have the NFL career his physical talent will permit.

Cain had late first or second round talent but IMHO regressed last year due to not handling the departure of DW and reduced opportunities as well as he should have - and that's OK, he's a young guy with plenty of opportunity ahead to learn. Hope Luck is back in 2018. Cain will have an interesting WR perspective after playing with both Watson and Luck.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Appreciate and respect Dabo's comments on Cain

May 7, 2018, 7:36 PM

Mccloud and cain had no choice but to leave. They knew kelly bryant was going to be the qb next year no matter what
So it could have gotten worst this year comming

May 7, 2018, 7:36 PM [ in reply to Appreciate and respect Dabo's comments on Cain ]

Mccloud and cain had no choice but to leave. They knew kelly bryant was going to be the qb next year no matter what

May 7, 2018, 7:36 PM [ in reply to Appreciate and respect Dabo's comments on Cain ]

May 5, 2018, 12:27 PM

I think Cain will be successful in Indy as long as 2 things remain. The obvious is Luck getting healthy and staying healthy. The other is TY Hilton remains a legit number 1 WR.

I’ve said before Cain is not a number 1 guy and isn’t physical enough to be a Nuk or MW in the NFL. But he can run go routes and take swing passes to the house if he can stay in man coverage.

As of now you are correct.

May 5, 2018, 12:42 PM

I imagine he will be nice 2nd wr, but he is still developing. I wouldnt put it past him to be a 1 for a bit after a fee years in the NFL.

May 5, 2018, 2:32 PM

Dabo tried to tell them when most passed on DW4. He's doing it now with DC.

Coach Swinney has an eye for talent ...***

May 5, 2018, 2:54 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic