Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Spring Camp: First Day Observations
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

New Story: Spring Camp: First Day Observations

Mar 1, 2017, 5:56 PM

Spring Camp: First Day Observations

Fifty-one days after defeating Alabama and winning the second National Championship, the Clemson football team kicked off the 2017 season with the first practice of the spring. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Spring Camp: First Day Observations

Mar 1, 2017, 6:04 PM

Everybody is forgetting Tucker he didn't break all those Florida HS records by luck.

Message was edited by: badb®

amazing insight^^^^***

Mar 1, 2017, 7:29 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Mar 1, 2017, 8:45 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Spring Camp: First Day Observations ]

If he hasn't beaten out Bryant then I wouldn't have too high of hopes for him starting. I'm sure he's a decent QB though.

Mar 1, 2017, 6:18 PM

Derrick coppers
Sounds like the best we have. Sounds to me from this article. That he's better then Bryant.

Mar 1, 2017, 6:19 PM

Nice spelling.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 1, 2017, 6:19 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Spring Camp: First Day Observations ]

you got all that out of one spring practice?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 1, 2017, 6:26 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Spring Camp: First Day Observations ]

@#@

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Mar 2, 2017, 4:25 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Spring Camp: First Day Observations ]

###

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Derrick coppers?*******

Mar 3, 2017, 6:55 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Spring Camp: First Day Observations ]

Mar 1, 2017, 6:37 PM

1. Linebacker starters & depth.
2. TE starter. Depth should be really good.
3. Center.
4. Quarterback position battle. Why 4th? B/C they were all highly recruited players most schools would be proud to crown starter. This QB battle is only going to make whoever gets the nod that much better!
5. Punter.
6. Corner Back and Safety! Some very good candidates some with a ton of real game experience.

The above is the order " this Tigers fan " places on each position.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 1, 2017, 7:30 PM

My friends still give me crap when I talk about how our pooch punts helped win us a national championship. I know they are nothing fancy, but can be effective. Bradley Pinion helping with the punting game is a good sign, though, hopefully he can really help get that part of the Tigers game on point.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 1, 2017, 7:59 PM

Without a doubt the Australian /pooch(whatever) punts played a significant roll in the N.C. game and one other game(ACC C'ship?)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 1, 2017, 8:01 PM

I don't think it mattered against bOOkeyes!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 1, 2017, 8:49 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Spring Camp: First Day Observations ]

We pooch punt because our kicker has a weak leg. Actually both of them do.

Dead on. As big a reason as any we won the playoffs last year

Mar 1, 2017, 9:51 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Spring Camp: First Day Observations ]

Any punt that can't be returned is a good punt if you ask me. Just let it roll

Mar 1, 2017, 8:51 PM

I guess while we are jumping to conclusions in the 1st 30 minutes of the year.

I concluded 2 things, 1st we are not defending champs we are going to win another National Championship with this new team.

Our 2nd string QB is Israel Tucker and our 2nd string right tackle is one of the Twins Kelby Bevelle.

Also, Bradley Pinion is come back from the NFL to be our 1st string punter...??

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Mar 1, 2017, 11:07 PM

I watched the interview wit Kelly. Seems humble about it all. He knows He has to earn it. He wants to be a leader for the Coop , Johnson, etc. as He stated. I don't know where it will all pan out. But as of right now IMO, Kelly is going to be back up to Cooper. Johnson will be contending for second but default to third if Cooper is playing well. Kelly may do some wildcat and play more of a role, but He made end up as the Nick S. backup behind a stud group of QB's behind him. Don't get me wrong, I like Kelly, we'll just all have to see how it pans out. As of right now though, Cooper will take over if Kelly can't make the game reads and downfield throws. As I mentioned in another post, Johnson may get a start in Auburn game, just maybe.

Mar 2, 2017, 12:19 AM

you reference pearman as "TE and OT coach". Has there been some shift of responsibility? Best i can tell, pearman's listed responsibilities include TE and special teams coord. Caldwell is often quoted as "cross training" his guys at G and OT.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pinion have any eligibility left?

Mar 2, 2017, 2:12 AM

Hopefully some of what he's got rubs off on the guys. Nice to see him back in Tiger Town

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 2, 2017, 10:02 AM

No surprises on first two teams on offense first day. The QB's are the only ones who have been in a game. I doubt the starter at QB will be known until fall. The good thing is we have a ton of talent. If Bryant is first string and Israel 2nd, it is theirs to lose. Cooper and Johnson won't just sit back. Cooper has an edge because of time in the system. Johnson has the most potential until the kid from Cartersville shows up. I can see Bryant moving to another position, Cooper & Johnson having one year careers and Tucker eventually (maybe after this spring) Transferring.

Mar 3, 2017, 8:10 AM

Excited to hear practice has begun. Good times for the TIGERS. All I keep thinking is that if Kelly Bryant starts in the fall, then we are absolutely loaded at QB. The Spring Game can't get here fast enough.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic