Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Irish shoot their way to victory over Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

New Story: Irish shoot their way to victory over Clemson

Feb 8, 2016, 11:16 PM

Irish shoot their way to victory over Clemson

Notre Dame jumped out to an early lead and kept that working margin for most of the contest in the Bon Secours Wellness Arena as the Irish had claimed an 89-83 victory over the Tigers, Clemson’s second consecutive loss, a blow to Clemson's ACC seeding and NCAA tourney chances. Photo by Dawson Powers / USATODAY Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Irish shoot their way to victory over Clemson

Feb 9, 2016, 1:05 AM

Say what you want but it is hard to beat 8. Tigers didn't play their best defense but every chance to get the lead was squashed by a touch foul. Nnoko and Djite are unable to stay on the floor due to many questionable calls. Maybe I am biased but it's hard to watch a good, tough game get controlled by the referees.

Feb 9, 2016, 1:48 AM

Tigers are consistent (bad) poor preparation and no confidence even Playing at home time for a coaching chance 6 years of Brownell is long enough

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree. Confident teams shoot much higher than 53%

Feb 9, 2016, 6:13 AM

*rolls eyes*

The problem was defensively, we couldn't get a stop. We allowed far too many easy buckets inside during to our big men being in foul trouble. The way we were confidently shooting the ball, if we get a couple defensive stops late we have a chance.

Re: I agree. Confident teams shoot much higher than 53%

Feb 9, 2016, 7:28 AM

The defense in the paint has to get better. There were a lot of questionable calls on our big men and once they got in foul trouble you could see them staying away from the shooters inside. Blossomgame can't win every game himself, though it doesn't stop him from trying. He missed a few free throws that you could tell he was really frustrated with. Hopefully with some rest we can get back Saturday and beat Georgia Tech.

It was hard to sustain any momentum ....

Feb 9, 2016, 8:12 AM

because of the way the officials were calling the game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Feb 9, 2016, 1:23 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Irish shoot their way to victory over Clemson ]

I agree... program stalling out. Just like Bowden and Leggett... time for a change. Rad make the call and search long and hard. Clemson deserves better! Go Tigers!

I don't have a problem with the touch fouls....

Feb 9, 2016, 7:53 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Irish shoot their way to victory over Clemson ]

but at least call it consistently both ways. Auguste Zach was allowed to hook defenders, create separation by pushing-off, and smash into defenders by lowering his shoulder.

No way the officials allow Clemson to get away with that.

Auguste is really good and on a completely different level than Clemson's big men. If he is permitted to pretty much do whatever he wants, it's a complete mismatch.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Feb 9, 2016, 8:09 AM

We could not sustain momentum nor did we play with the intensity we played with at V.T. and we lost that game too. The refs were just terrible--they killed any runs we tried to make against the Irish. It was just terrible to watch..now if we win out..maybe an NIT bid..I give up..

Feb 9, 2016, 1:15 PM

Looks like they building a nice new facility for a perennial NIT program. I hope they decide to pay a coach & possibly get in the dance one day.

Our big men were completely outplayed by their big men esp.

Feb 9, 2016, 10:33 AM

Augustine!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and I agree that the refs let Augustine have his way!***

Feb 9, 2016, 10:36 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hold your head up Tigers ... you played tough

Feb 9, 2016, 11:29 PM

As Brownell stated, we lost to a deeper team. No harm, no foul. Now we need some more W's to sneak in NCAA tourney. It's possible.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic