Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Clemson vs Alabama, college football's hottest and newest rivalry?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

New Story: Clemson vs Alabama, college football's hottest and newest rivalry?

Dec 13, 2017, 8:50 AM

Clemson vs Alabama, college football's hottest and newest rivalry?

Clemson versus Alabama might be college football’s newest and hottest rivalry, and for Dabo Swinney the two programs represent consistency. Same bat time, same bat channel. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Clemson vs Alabama, college football's hottest and newest rivalry?

Dec 13, 2017, 9:03 AM

:)

Re: New Story: Clemson vs Alabama, college football's hottest and newest rivalry?

Dec 13, 2017, 9:24 AM

Tigers vs Tide will join other storied programs as classic football. Tigers should prevail in this rubber match, but we need our A game.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just had to bring up the ‘08 game in Atlanta

Dec 13, 2017, 9:24 AM

Talk about opening an old wound!

OUCH!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Dude really?

Dec 13, 2017, 10:56 AM

Did you have to bring that up?? But in all reality, I might just have to watch that game (after finals are over) for a good ole dose of nostalgia. I still remember where I was that night - the Carolina Ice Palace in North Charleston

Re: Who are you directing that to? Dabo? Or Poster Above?

Dec 13, 2017, 11:04 AM

Anyhow ...

A CERTAIN low point no doubt. I think after pre-season expectation, the tail kicking we received cemented that Tommy was not going to deliver.

I remember that game/weekend like it was YESTERDAY. So pissed off didn't watch another football game that weekend, with hurricane rolling up coast, enjoyed Litchfield Beach before it churned up.

Dec 13, 2017, 9:39 AM

I hope things aren't changing now in Clemson and too much emphasis is being put on the "new Tiger and Tide rivalry". Just stick to the old philosophy of putting on the pads and playing the game (no matter who the opponent is). No B.S., just business as usual.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

starting to like Saban...

Dec 13, 2017, 10:06 AM

...maybe Dabo can hire him as an assistant

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Dec 13, 2017, 11:54 AM

I hate it when the networks always post that stupid series record that we haven't beat Alabama (before last year) in like 70 yrs. We've played them in the regular season twice since 1966 if my memory serves.

Dec 13, 2017, 12:04 PM

Totally agreed on listing series record, especially when two teams have only played A handful of times. Regarding Dabo, I think, hands down, he's done the best coaching job in the country over the last several years. Everyone in the country, whether they would admit it or not, sees Clemson as one of the two or three best programs in the country in all phases.
The program is now at a point where no superlative's, records or high points need to be mentioned by the coaches or administrators. These are a byproduct of the schools excellent "process" and we will be mentioned enough by the press, defiance, and even the critics.
You are at the top, you've arrived, and everyone, including this Alabama fan, looks up to you.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2017, 12:19 PM

Well said my friend. In this decade, especially the last 5 years, the Tigers and the Tide are in rarefied air with evidence of continuing.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2017, 6:52 AM

If you were in the stands at field level in Atlanta in 2008 during warmups, you knew immediately that the good guys were out matched. The bama lines looked better then the falcons.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic