Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Anchrum says offensive line is "going to be the best we have ever been"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

New Story: Anchrum says offensive line is "going to be the best we have ever been"

Mar 12, 2018, 10:35 AM

Anchrum says offensive line is "going to be the best we have ever been"

Tremayne Anchrum is battling for a starting spot at right tackle, working out at left tackle and dividing his reps with a bunch of hungry young players who are eager for playing time. He’s also turning into a team leader who thinks the line has a chance to be special. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I Luz his Oline mentality & zeal since..

Mar 12, 2018, 11:05 AM

the Oline at times against Bama in pre-natty game sucked..but hey, that Tide Dline were animals (as in Elephants) and we had no answer it seemed at times..plus our young RB’s whiffed on couple blocking assignments..imho.

So, it was a tough learning curve & Another day will have Tigers back sooner than later in the BiG Natty Dance!

Go TiGERS..Keep ROCKing!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I Luz his Oline mentality & zeal since..

Mar 12, 2018, 11:16 AM

Remember we weren't very good in that game but minus the two giveaways 14 points it's a 10-6 game. Our defense played great. We had nothing to hang our heads about, we'll kick their booty this year!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: I Luz his Oline mentality & zeal since..

Mar 12, 2018, 4:32 PM [ in reply to I Luz his Oline mentality & zeal since.. ]

I don't care how good a team is, or how many games they won during the season, or how good others believe they are. If you're not really good at running the ball, or if you're not really good at getting the ball down field to your receivers. Another team will come a long with just a little bit better defense than you have faced. They are going to make you beat them where you are the weakest. All teams with a good defense does that to teams that believe they can beat anybody. That is what they spend their practice doing, shutting down the teams offense that could hurt them the most. Bama loaded up at the line of scrimmage bc they knew we couldn't beat them down field, and that wasn't a hard decision for Saban to make!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Anchrum says offensive line is "going to be the best we have ever been"

Mar 12, 2018, 11:23 AM

What about Noah Dehond? No mention of him ever. 6'7" 300+ pounds when he came in as a Freshman - redshirted I believe. Anyone hear anything?

Re: New Story: Anchrum says offensive line is "going to be the best we have ever been"

Mar 12, 2018, 12:05 PM

I looked him up. There's not much other than that he received recognition for academic achievement recently.

6'6 to 6'7, 300-310lbs, the largest guy Clemson has ever recruited. A top 10 recruit in New Jersey. Sounds intriguing. I look forward to seeing what he can do.

Mar 12, 2018, 12:13 PM

Bama pushed our seasoned o line around like a wet mop in Nola on Jan. 1st.

Hope Anchrum isn't spending too much time at the punch bowl vs.the weight room.

We need to see results.

Mar 12, 2018, 12:50 PM

The O line are the unsung heroes of the Offense. Played pretty darn good last year EXCEPT against BAMA. I blame them more than anything else for that bad end last year. KB2 never had a chance with guys 3 yds deep in backfield 1 sec after snap. Looking forward to improvement AND depth...O Lines win championships!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought Reeves had his ACL tear last year ?

Mar 12, 2018, 1:55 PM

Bio says it was 2016

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

If this the best O Line unit ever under Dabo, then.....

Mar 12, 2018, 3:07 PM

I want to see us flat run over people.

We loads of experience on the line, add Carmen and this the line is the closest to Grown Men we've ever had. So, we need to be able to Run the ball right over defense and leave a skid marks in the process, whenever we chose.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If this the best O Line unit ever under Dabo, then.....

Mar 12, 2018, 7:34 PM

Hasn't been done since the 1980's. We had real o line men at that time. Watch the film. It does not lie.

Mr. Ancrum needs to stay in the weight room.

Mar 12, 2018, 4:47 PM

Sounds like the right stuff. OLine wins 14 when you’re q.b. Is not Deshaun. It’s our last hole to fill. I hope they fill it!

Glad to hear the optimism!!!***

Mar 12, 2018, 9:05 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic