Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ND Round 1 Revelation
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 3,497

ND Round 1 Revelation

Dec 17, 2020, 8:20 PM

Rewatched the first game and something occurred to me that no one has noted that I know of. The 1st half score was 10-23. The second half 20-7. What was different? One thing was XT as he was out the first half serving the targeting suspension.

If he plays the whole game, is the outcome different? Possibly. At a minimum gives me more reason to be confident about Saturday.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ND Round 1 Revelation

Dec 17, 2020, 8:31 PM

Rewatched the first game and something occurred to me that no one has noted that I know of. The 1st half score was 10-23. The second half 20-7. What was different? One thing was XT as he was out the first half serving the targeting suspension.

If he plays the whole game, is the outcome different? Possibly. At a minimum gives me more reason to be confident about Saturday.

There is that XT factor true.
But, I think it had more to do with Clemson settling in and playing Clemson football. Everyone talks Skalski, Davis and Jones and Thomas not being on the field. Remember Landon Zanders had started every game and played a majority of the minutes at safety. He gets hurt early in the game; so a kid that maybe wasn't as mentally ready to play was in there with a bunch of other new f/t contributors with that safety(Charleton I believe).
Halftime came and they were able to do some quick coaching - kept the game plan simple and guys were able to make some plays!
This time of year with exams being over! It's all football! The new guys can just go focus on football and not having to figure out how to mix football with college curriculum and studying. And everything else that has to do with being a freshman or "new f/t contributor"! Simpson played 75 snaps in the game - true freshman - 75 snaps on the road! He is better off for it; but I am sure it was a bit much. Murphy and Bresee were both a little over 60 snaps! But, with it being a road game, plus being short bodies you do what you have to.
Game 11 - these guys should be ready to go now! That - settling down at the half in short is what settled the young guys down who were stepping in; plus having XT back all helped.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2020, 8:36 PM

That first game was lost in regulation time bc for whatever the reason, our coaches didn't go all out to make a first down when we needed it most to guarantee us the win!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2020, 8:52 PM

I agree we were 1 first down away from a win and could not get it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2020, 8:32 PM

I have no doubts at all that we win, and we win by a convincing 3 scores. You heard it right here, Clemson Tigers win this match up by 3 scores!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2020, 8:43 PM

Hope you be right!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it was 23-13 / 10-20

Dec 17, 2020, 9:00 PM

But one major factor was the fumble for 6. That play was pivotal

Message was edited by: TigerCook®

Message was edited by: TigerCook®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: it was 23-13 / 10-20

Dec 17, 2020, 11:07 PM

I failed at maffs. Actually, I realized the mistake after posting, but could not figure out how to correct the mistake.

Dec 17, 2020, 9:04 PM

Missing XT for the first half of that game has been mentioned just a couple of times. He also was just getting back in game shape then too. I have been a big XT fan and am still hoping for the big breakout game. Maybe Saturday???
There have also been a lot of comments that Bresee and Murphy were overwhelmed in the first game. I do think that having Davis back will create opportunities for all three of these guys ( Bresee, Murphy and XT) because they will have to double team Davis some. Will also make blitzes more effective. I think we are going to get a lot more pressure on Book this time around.
Go Tigers!!

Our whole defense played better in the second half

Dec 17, 2020, 11:19 PM

We shut down the run and did a good job in general. Much better than the first half.

I am hoping we can play more with 4 down linemen. Davis, Bresee XT and Murphy

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Our whole defense played better in the second half

Dec 17, 2020, 11:45 PM

We shut down the run and did a good job in general. Much better than the first half.

I am hoping we can play more with 4 down linemen. Davis, Bresee XT and Murphy

This is the best 4 DL we have on the roster in my opinion as well TD! Respect to the upper classmen Pinckney and Williams - but they aren't disruptors! BV has over the top great defenses going back to Oklahoma when he has DL who can disrupt blocking schemes!

With XT and Murph the only thing would be "how do you tell them to rush"?

Do you have them go all out in an effort to get to the QB? Or do you have them "mush rush" and don't ever rush deeper than where the QB's feet are?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ND is going to be a OSU2019 level handful... dont fool oursekvss

Dec 17, 2020, 11:28 PM

I believe the staff knows we will have to empty the tank to win. Will be a heart attack special.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 3,497
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic