Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
National Anthem
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

National Anthem

Nov 26, 2020, 9:23 AM

Nine basketball players for womens team uSC sat on their ##### for the National Anthem, that's bullcrap!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: National Anthem

Nov 26, 2020, 9:37 AM

no, you are. Try listening to what they are actually protesting and it is NOT the national anthem or continue to believe your myths.....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2020, 9:51 AM

I smell chocolate chicken crap

NEVER an Excuse to Disrespect The Anthem

Nov 26, 2020, 9:55 AM [ in reply to Re: National Anthem ]

Zero tolerance for traitorous scum like those 9. I don’t care what they are protesting.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw you. Sitting for the National Anthem is complete

Nov 26, 2020, 10:03 AM [ in reply to Re: National Anthem ]

garbage.

You could not pay me to care less about what they are protesting when they go about it that way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: Screw you. Sitting for the National Anthem is complete

Nov 26, 2020, 10:09 AM

They need to find another way to protest. Sitting for the National Anthem will NEVER be ok. If you don't want to stand, then stay in the locker room and come out when it is over.

Nov 26, 2020, 10:12 AM

I agree. If you choose the national anthem as your time to protest I have absolutely no interest in what you have to say. Ears and mind is closed. Call me whatever you want. I don’t care.

Nov 26, 2020, 11:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Screw you. Sitting for the National Anthem is complete ]

Colorado Tigerfan said it well...short and sweet. Spot on!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2020, 10:35 AM [ in reply to Re: National Anthem ]

Look......a Thanksgiving capon....

Nov 26, 2020, 10:40 AM [ in reply to Re: National Anthem ]

I watched WISTV's video and explanation. In my opinion, it was one of the most disgraceful, discourteous displays that I've ever seen. They were sitting in their chairs like they were taking a time out or reading their cell phone. It was awful and any message was lost for me.

I am a retired Air Force veteran, so I appreciate what is given for our freedom. I have strong feelings on taking a knee, but I would have rather seen them take a knee verses the way they handled it. I've seen individuals with religious objections stand quietly which I find respectful. Do not tie the protest to accompany the National Anthem. The message gets loss to a significant number of people.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are

Nov 26, 2020, 10:52 AM [ in reply to Re: National Anthem ]

the “one in every crowd” I see.

Disrespectful idiots.....Crybaby’s.....just going along with what people tell them to do

Nov 26, 2020, 10:55 AM [ in reply to Re: National Anthem ]

They have no idea, they can protest in another way, but people have died for the flag and freedom....have some respect. Chaps my A$$ with all these Young people doing stupid crap......

Nov 26, 2020, 11:00 AM [ in reply to Re: National Anthem ]

Hartwell is clueless

Maybe so...but still a piss-poor way to protest!!***

Nov 26, 2020, 11:09 AM [ in reply to Re: National Anthem ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2020, 11:46 AM [ in reply to Re: National Anthem ]

For basketball, why not protest during the introductions? It’s your time and the focus is on you.

Nov 26, 2020, 11:59 AM

Hmmm, I like that idea!

I think you answered your own question...

Nov 26, 2020, 12:11 PM [ in reply to Re: National Anthem ]

At that time the focus is own them, they wouldn’t give that up.

Nov 26, 2020, 12:47 PM [ in reply to Re: National Anthem ]

Hartwell58 said:

no, you are. Try listening to what they are actually protesting and it is NOT the national anthem or continue to believe your myths.....

Listen to Krapperneck's explanation. He specifically states it IS about the flag. And it is displayed during the anthem. He's garbage and everyone that is not standing is garbage. And that includes the kneeling Deshaun Watson!!!

https://www.nfl.com/news/colin-kaepernick-explains-why-he-sat-during-national-anthem-0ap3000000691077

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2020, 4:06 PM [ in reply to Re: National Anthem ]

Hartwell58 said:

The point is simply this: you STAND when the National Anthem is played, regardless. If you want to protest, do it some other way and some other time. DO NOT DISRESPECT what thousands have died to protect!

Nov 26, 2020, 10:44 AM

NC State ladies team all kneeled during the national anthem last night, as well. Personally, that irritates me. I have a hard time listening to what they have to say when they do that. If they don't feel like they can stand up for their country, then they should stay in the locker room until the anthem is over.

Nov 26, 2020, 10:53 AM

"ladies" ???

Tshark

Nov 26, 2020, 11:08 AM

Thank you for your service. My American Legion baseball coaches were WW2 vets. We literally practiced the national anthem! You move, you talk, you so much as cough and the team ran laps. I can still see our team and others up and down the baselines standing like statues for the national anthem. Now we have to endure this disgraceful crap. I absolutely have zero respect for them!

Hell has frozen over

Nov 26, 2020, 11:52 AM

Because I agree with Tardog.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Hell has frozen over

Nov 26, 2020, 12:01 PM

??

Re: Hell has frozen over

Nov 26, 2020, 12:08 PM [ in reply to Hell has frozen over ]

You made me laugh ! Seriously. Must be a cold front down below. Lol.

I think all athletes should not play

Nov 26, 2020, 5:24 PM [ in reply to Re: National Anthem ]

as a way to protest. A lot would be solved then, no anthem to kneel or sit, and then they won't get paid, and then the whole "Millonaire cry babies" comments can't be used either.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2020, 11:07 AM

Very good chance a percentage of them lived off the government (taxpayers, you and i) growing up, so essentially they didn't eat if we didn't go to work and support them. Probably at least 1 or 2 have had a abortion, paid for by government sponsored Planned Parenthood.

Their opinions and or stances on things hold zero weight with me until they actually contribute something to this world beside being abnormally tall

Yeah.

Nov 26, 2020, 11:15 AM

Student-athletes should adjust the way they express themselves about the world just so you can be comfortably entertained. What a load.

These players have absolutely zero obligation to do things your way. Don’t like it, don’t watch it. Go Tigers.

badge-ringofhonor-elscorcho.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yeah.

Nov 26, 2020, 11:34 AM

ElScorcho said:

Student-athletes should adjust the way they express themselves about the world just so you can be comfortably entertained. What a load.

These players have absolutely zero obligation to do things your way. Don’t like it, don’t watch it. Go Tigers.

Sitting on their #####, doing nothing at all, is the perfect way for them to express themselves. Sitting on their ##### requires no thought and no action, and certainly doesn’t begin to resolve any of the so-called “issues” they’re supposedly “protesting”.

Sitting on their collective ### is the perfect way for that group to “express” themselves.

They have every right. And people have every right to

Nov 26, 2020, 12:43 PM [ in reply to Yeah. ]

disagree and speak out against them and their bullshat.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: They have every right. And people have every right to

Nov 26, 2020, 3:36 PM

We would not have to put up with bull, if my mama was alive, she would say get me my belt.

Nov 26, 2020, 11:47 AM

All we have to do is quit supporting this kind of behavior. The hell with them.

Nov 26, 2020, 11:56 AM

One player stood and if I recall correctly, the staff stood as well.

Nov 26, 2020, 12:01 PM

Yep. Watch where that one player is in life 20 years from now verses the entitled brats sitting on their butts.

Nov 26, 2020, 1:12 PM

This is a very small symptom of a very fatal disease. And, we are so busy arguing about the symptoms and debating about the disease that we are watching the patient (which is us, America) die.

It's like two groups of doctors looking at a hospital chart. One group says, "It is cancer." The other group sways, "It is congestive heart failure." And, while they are debating, the patient dies.

Nov 26, 2020, 4:27 PM

Yes, very sad isn’t it? !
There’s a difference in ladies and women.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2020, 4:34 PM

I don't get it. I thought now that Biden will be president all the world's racist would go away and we could sing kumbiya

Nov 26, 2020, 4:53 PM

If you are trying to bring about change and have your voices listened to, it is the people that disagree with you that you need to be reaching, not others that agree with you. So the last thing you want to do is to alienate them and shut off any chance that they will listen to you. That is exactly what they did. It is also why I will listen to Darien Rencher, Trevor, and other members of our football team and why my opinion has been altered some.

Nov 26, 2020, 5:58 PM

I agree with your point. One of our freedoms is the right to protest, but "how" it is done is critical to your message. In way it is like advertising for a product. You want to sell your product, so you need a large, diverse group interested in hearing about your product and then buying it. Don't turn a significant portion of your audience off right from the start.

I can think of about 20 things going on right now to be

Nov 26, 2020, 5:28 PM

more angry about.

If you want to demand people pay tribute to Motherland, go to Soviet Russia or Communist China.

Nov 26, 2020, 5:46 PM

Sorry, I was still cleaning up from dinner and did not realize the SCar women were even playing, not that I would have watched them if I'd known.

Nov 26, 2020, 5:48 PM

Whole lot of triggered red snowflakes in here.

The worst.

Nov 26, 2020, 5:59 PM

And all they can do is respond with a TD. They're so emotional about nothing, that's all they know how to do. I think "mentally weak" is the most apt way to describe it.

Pure snowflake ish is what we're witnessing.

Nov 26, 2020, 8:13 PM

Personally, I'm glad to know who hates America, cops, the military and probably most white people. Anybody kneeling for the anthem is likely to fall into one, or more, of those categories. If they don't then they are morons who are being manipulated to do the bidding of others, because I can assure the leaders of this movement hate all of the above and more. So have at it kneelers and proudly show us who you really are. No need pretending to like us in public, while despising us in private, any longer.

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic