Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My Top 5 candidates to replace brad Brownell.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

My Top 5 candidates to replace brad Brownell.

Dec 23, 2019, 4:24 PM

1. Jay Wright Villanova
2. Bill self Kansas
3. Travis Steele Xavier
4. Scott Drew Baylor
5. Earl Grant College of Charleston

See there 5 candidates to replace Brownell. How hard could it possibly be to fire Coach Brownell and replace him?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You’re a serial troll Jussie

Dec 23, 2019, 4:26 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wright, Self, Drew, LOL***

Dec 23, 2019, 4:49 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wright, Self, Drew, LOL***

Dec 23, 2019, 4:49 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My Top 5 candidates to replace brad Brownell.

Dec 23, 2019, 4:51 PM

LOL, it wouldn't be hard to fire and replace CBB, but you're probably not getting your top two to even pick up the phone. Might as well put Roy Williams on there too.

Dec 23, 2019, 4:51 PM

we dont have enough money to even hire Self's toupee

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2019, 4:57 PM

since we're being realistic - where is Coach K or Izzo on this list?

Dec 24, 2019, 1:42 AM

Mark Few too.

Dec 23, 2019, 4:59 PM

I don’t think this is a viable list on the majority. Maybe Grant or Drew.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2019, 5:43 PM

Harvard coach UCF coach Witchita State coach Dayton Flyers coach would be some good ones who can coach and recruit We all love Brownell but he has a ceiling in recruiting and can not coach offense Yale lost 4 starters from last years NCAA team and their coach came into enemy territory and defeated a 10 year coach for the tigers Our players mimic our coach with no aggression and no confidence and it’s worst on the road

Dec 23, 2019, 6:14 PM

Harvard coach UCF coach Witchita State coach Dayton Flyers coach would be some good ones who can coach and recruit We all love Brownell but he has a ceiling in recruiting and can not coach offense Yale lost 4 starters from last years NCAA team and their coach came into enemy territory and defeated a 10 year coach for the tigers Our players mimic our coach with no aggression and no confidence and it’s worst on the road

Why does everyone want Grant at Dayton? Got fired just a few yeaes ago and was awful at Alabama. He is probably geared to be just a good mid major coach like Brad.

Dec 23, 2019, 5:50 PM

We have access to the funds to get a good coach. Take out an equity line on Littlejohn, 30 million for 5 or 6 years will get a good coach. Or, turn Littlejohn into another football building. Play our home games in downtown Greenville and just keep on sucking like we have the last 10 years.

Dec 23, 2019, 6:01 PM

I’ll go with letting the admin do their jobs. If they don’t, look to their being dealt with accordingly versus the latter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 25, 2019, 8:08 PM [ in reply to Re: My Top 5 candidates to replace brad Brownell. ]

At least attendance would increase if we played in Greenville. Students could easily be bussed in and back.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2019, 6:11 PM

Hard pass on Earl Grant. We need to move on from Brownell, not hire his assistant.

Earl grant is the. Only one of those that would consider

Dec 23, 2019, 7:45 PM

Coming & that isn't a definite

Earl grant is the. Only one of those that would consider

Dec 23, 2019, 7:45 PM

Coming & that isn't a definite

Daffy Duck

Dec 23, 2019, 7:55 PM

Or Bugs Bunny.

How bout one of the guys from Liberty, Richmod, VCU ?

Dec 23, 2019, 10:14 PM

???

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2019, 10:22 PM

Wes Miller
Matt McMahon
Mike Jones
Nathan Davis
Steve Forbes

Dec 23, 2019, 11:40 PM

3 million bucks a year would get you a good coach out there......heck he would not even have to be that good to be better than what we have now.....at least we would have a change and the hope to be better which is much more than we have had for the past 10 years.......Go Tigers!!!!!

This is one of the most funniest threads I've ever read...

Dec 24, 2019, 1:27 AM

No way in h3ll Jay wright is leaving Nova for Clemson... Or Self(like I really want that cheater) leaving KU for Clemson....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 24, 2019, 1:31 AM

You don't have to look any farther than Wofford.

Grant is the only one on your list who would probably even consider Clemson.

Dec 25, 2019, 5:55 PM

And he isn’t as good of a coach as Brad.

Clemson would have to convince a potential coach that things have changed and that basketball is important to Clemson. Otherwise, we would do what we’ve always done and hire an up and comer from the mid major ranks, and hope he is successful at Clemson and actually wants to stay.

So far, Brownell and Ellis are the only ones who have had some success and wanted to stay.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Grant is the only one on your list who would probably even consider Clemson.

Dec 25, 2019, 7:49 PM

Man - it’s amazing you know everything about Brad Brownell and these 5 other coaches too. How do you find the time?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh, so you think Jay Wright or Bill Self would be interested in coaching at Clemson?***

Dec 25, 2019, 8:36 PM

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Oh, so you think Jay Wright or Bill Self would be interested in coaching at Clemson?***

Dec 25, 2019, 8:51 PM

A) what I think doesn’t matter. I didn’t respond to the OP.

B) you said Grant “is the only one who would probably even consider Clemson.” So Earl Grant would only probably consider Clemson - but even he is just a maybe. The other four would definitely not even consider Clemson. Curious that you were so assertive to the OP in the comment which I replied to. Yet now you back pedal and only ask about 2 of the 5. Could it be that you know your original response was just argumentative hyperbole. Because of course Scott Drew and Travis Steele would consider Clemson, even if only to create negotiating leverage. Glad to see your obfuscation skills are back to full strength.

Re: Grant is the only one on your list who would probably even consider Clemson.

Dec 28, 2019, 8:15 AM [ in reply to Grant is the only one on your list who would probably even consider Clemson. ]

"So far, Brownell and Ellis are the only ones who have had some success and wanted to stay. " - dang it, for a minute there I thought you said CBB had some success, but quickly realized my eyes have finally failed me.

Might as well make a phone call to Steve Kerr while we're at it***

Dec 25, 2019, 6:59 PM

Dec 25, 2019, 8:10 PM

If you think we could get 1 or 2, might as well add coach K to the list.

maybe Dabo can coach the basketball team...

Dec 25, 2019, 8:28 PM

Or at least make the next hire? He always seems to pick the right coach to replace someone on the football staff.

Which has nothing to do with the basketball team...***

Dec 25, 2019, 8:37 PM

Dec 27, 2019, 11:03 PM

Steve Prohm may be available . Southern recruiter, good coach at a tough location. Huge fan of Dabo

Dec 28, 2019, 8:09 AM

LaParka said:

Steve Prohm may be available . Southern recruiter, good coach at a tough location. Huge fan of Dabo

Yes, mentioned him before has a top candidate from a power 5 we could pluck away. His Southern roots and style is something to attract. Also did a great job at Murray State before he went to Iowa State.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Prohm

Dec 28, 2019, 8:19 AM

Left off Wooden, Rupp and Naismith though

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic