Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My old truck picked up 105.5 clearly. New truck does not. How do I get better radio reception?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1,715

My old truck picked up 105.5 clearly. New truck does not. How do I get better radio reception?

Sep 10, 2018, 8:04 AM

TIAing gratefully and preemptively.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS

Re: My old truck picked up 105.5 clearly. New truck does not. How do I get better radio reception?

Sep 10, 2018, 8:06 AM

If you "want" to listen to 105.5 you are beyond help. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My old truck picked up 105.5 clearly. New truck does not. How do I get better radio reception?

Sep 10, 2018, 8:24 AM

How DARE you tell me...

...well...

...you’re probably right.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS

Sep 10, 2018, 9:27 AM [ in reply to Re: My old truck picked up 105.5 clearly. New truck does not. How do I get better radio reception? ]

Buy 105.5 some better squirrels.

Cloud comes over they the signal dies

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2018, 8:32 AM

Pigs of new truck?

JK - congrats on the new truck.

Sep 10, 2018, 8:46 AM

Don't know the fix but for about 6 months the Easley station (105.3 ) has interfered with my reception.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2018, 8:50 AM

Try buying an old truck ???

Just kidding, at least you have a radio. My 1985 F-150 only has am and you have to be sitting in the stations parking lot to receive. To add insult to injury, our dog hates my singing.

Good luck getting it to work.

Sep 10, 2018, 10:03 AM

I have now owned 3 trucks in my lifetime.

First was my dad’s rusty 1986 Chevy Custom Deluxe - loved it. I could do anything with that beast. Analog radio worked great, but only if I beat on the dash and the right side of he steering wheel to connect the shorted wiring.

Second was my wife’s grandfather’s immaculate “only drive to Ace Hardware and Hardee’s” old man truck - 1996 Ford Ranger. Trooper of a vehicle. Odometer quit at 61k mi. and I didn’t give a rip - I know it had at least 150k on it as of last month when I upgraded, but it had never once had a mechanical problem. Digital radio picked up 105.5 very well, but occasionally had to reopen and shut the door after cranking to get the radio to turn on.

Now I have a very nice 2014 Silverado crew cab suitable for ferrying small kids back and forth to school - if my kids didn’t need it, I would have driven that ‘96 Ranger into the ground. I have an external radio antenna, but 105.5 is real fuzzy. It does have Bluetooth, so the TuneIn app might be my best bet, sho nuff.

GO TIGERS

Assuming you have bluetooth

Sep 10, 2018, 9:03 AM

and a smart phone. If you don't have bluetooth, but do have have way to pug into the radio, this still works.

Download Tune In app and search for WCCP. You'll always have it no matter where you go (as long as you have service).

Sep 10, 2018, 9:08 AM

I have the same problem with my F150. Wife's car picks it up clearly but lots of static and fading in & out in my truck.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Sep 10, 2018, 9:48 AM

Your old truck had an analog radio. You could fine tune it and get enough signal for it to operate. Everything is digital now. Meaning you either get a signal threshold or you get nothing.
The truck probably uses a wire antenna that curves around your front windshield. If you are determined to get 105.5 some surgery will be required.
A rod antenna will have to be installed, meaning a hole must be drilled in the frame near the passenger window. The antenna is bolted into the hole and the cable is inserted in the back of the radio.
Unless you are very good at doing this,your best bet is a shop that specializes in installation. Not sure of the name, but in Seneca, on 123,just after the Ford dealer, look for a stereo shop on the right. They specialize on stuff like installing remote starts and placing speakers so i would guess they can fix you up. Hope this helps..

Siriusly...? ;~)***

Sep 12, 2018, 6:03 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Siriusly...? ;~)***

Sep 12, 2018, 6:16 PM

XM-ine my post. I’m so Sirius right now.

GO TIGERS

Sep 12, 2018, 6:30 PM

Get a new head unit. I know if it’s a new truck that is annoying but it will make your sound quality on music and play louder through your speakers without blowing them, also you could buy a new antenna online for cheap

Were you in the same place

Sep 12, 2018, 6:49 PM

With both trucks? Not sure why that matters, but my wife asked, so.... ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Were you in the same place

Sep 12, 2018, 7:32 PM

Yep same spot in Grr.

GO TIGERS

Sep 12, 2018, 7:00 PM

You drivin' a Dodge now?

Anyhow, the best way to improve your radio reception is to affix an aluminum foil flag to the end of your antenna. It'll work like a charm.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1,715
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic